Can someone suggest a weapon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Originally Posted by WREXNFX
sounds like a bad idea
they are probably unarmed anyway and kids.
you shoot one your in deep doodoo
this ain't texas you can't just be running around with a handgun.
If your referring to burglars, most likely they ARE armed, and they are NOT kids.

Burglars often arm themselves in case of confrontation. Burglars often use tools to gain entry to the premise which can be used as make shift weapons.

Burglars are often times drug users who are looking to steal property to sell in order to feed their need.

Im not saying this is 100% true, but it has been like this in my experience.

Ill give you an example. Officers arrive on scene to a posssible burglary. Suspects flee while shooting a shotgun at the officers. All 5 suspects taken into custody. 4 firearms recovered.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by WREXNFX
sounds like a bad idea
they are probably unarmed anyway and kids.
you shoot one your in deep doodoo
this ain't texas you can't just be running around with a handgun.
Actually...Yes, you can.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Paul ftw ^^^
Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
And for you 12 gage owners...I got one word for defense ammo:

Flechette
Old 06-30-2009, 03:01 PM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
How common is it for people to get arrested for openly carrying an unloaded handgun (let's say with the clip inside but no ammo)?

I would figure people would run from you like the plague and eventually someone will call the cops on you.

Very interesting though.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
nuff said
http://www.the-backup.com/faq.html

as bad as it may get i can promise you that you never want to have to shoot someone.thats something that never goes away.hell,you put a gun in someones face and you will be shaking for hours after.trust me,get a safe and a shotgun.you rack a round and chances are they will flee,if not less chance of missing.plus its a good weapon if you run out of ammo

Last edited by nation; 07-04-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:08 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
I have a friend that open carries, he's had his house searched, legally with a warrant, and all of his firearms confiscated...for a couple of days, then he had to go down to the El Cerrito police station and collect his guns. He has lots, mostly NATO military. The police kind of tore up his home too, all at his expense, he has no recourse to bill the city for it.

He has been arrested twice, not booked, not charged and released same day, I think with his weapon.

He has had his carry weapon confiscated twice, that I know of, without being arrested, once by the local El Cerrito PD about a year before they "raided" his home.

More recently, he had his family on vacation - coming back from LA (not disneyland, haha), and a passing car/truck/RV something, saw him open carrying, called the CHP and told them he waved his gun at them when they cut him off. CHP stopped him, with LOTS of cars on the grapevine, with kids and all in the car, cuffed him, took him to a jail cell, tore his car (Escalade) apart, every seat cushion and panel - his wife and the kids were wearing shorts and they were not allowed into their luggage to get money or anything else so no food/money for many hours while they tore apart his car, family was not detained, but had no way to do anything. They issued a misdemeanor for using a firearm to settle a traffic dispute.

He fought the citation - and won, because the people that accused him did NOT want to testify..btw, the damage to his car was over $5K to repair. Lawyer fees were around $10K because it did NOT go to trial. The DA tried very hard to make him deal on the firearm ticket, but he held firm and reused any deal. He does not want to jeopardize his ability to carry/own in the future.

The most important thing to do if you do get arrested or detained, ASK FOR A LAWYER, do NOT talk to LE.

If you choose to do this, you will get hassled. LE doesn't like to see open carry of anything.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
I have a friend that open carries, he's had his house searched, legally with a warrant, and all of his firearms confiscated...for a couple of days, then he had to go down to the El Cerrito police station and collect his guns. He has lots, mostly NATO military. The police kind of tore up his home too, all at his expense, he has no recourse to bill the city for it.

He has been arrested twice, not booked, not charged and released same day, I think with his weapon.

He has had his carry weapon confiscated twice, that I know of, without being arrested, once by the local El Cerrito PD about a year before they "raided" his home.

More recently, he had his family on vacation - coming back from LA (not disneyland, haha), and a passing car/truck/RV something, saw him open carrying, called the CHP and told them he waved his gun at them when they cut him off. CHP stopped him, with LOTS of cars on the grapevine, with kids and all in the car, cuffed him, took him to a jail cell, tore his car (Escalade) apart, every seat cushion and panel - his wife and the kids were wearing shorts and they were not allowed into their luggage to get money or anything else so no food/money for many hours while they tore apart his car, family was not detained, but had no way to do anything. They issued a misdemeanor for using a firearm to settle a traffic dispute.

He fought the citation - and won, because the people that accused him did NOT want to testify..btw, the damage to his car was over $5K to repair. Lawyer fees were around $10K because it did NOT go to trial. The DA tried very hard to make him deal on the firearm ticket, but he held firm and reused any deal. He does not want to jeopardize his ability to carry/own in the future.

The most important thing to do if you do get arrested or detained, ASK FOR A LAWYER, do NOT talk to LE.

If you choose to do this, you will get hassled. LE doesn't like to see open carry of anything.
why does he open carry?unless his job is a reason your "friend" needs to use some common sense and conceal carry.to many people dont understand guns and are scared at the site of them.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:10 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Because the law says he can.

Granted most LE agencies are slow to learning about OPEN UNLOADED CARRY laws in kalif.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
And for you 12 gage owners...I got one word for defense ammo:

Flechette
Hell yeah my friend!

I have a box of variety shells that I picked up years ago at some show. I have shells that vary from standard flechette to mini nails, long needles, short needles, barbs, and all sorts of nasty things to get hit by... A couple of them have been purposely rusted for maximum effect.

Of course they are "FOR NOVELTY REASONS ONLY!"
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by nation
why does he open carry?unless his job is a reason your "friend" needs to use some common sense and conceal carry.to many people dont understand guns and are scared at the site of them.

He's a truck driver, he cannot get a CC permit good for crossing state and county lines, actually, a CC permit anywhere in the bay area is pretty much non existent unless you have a job that involves regular moving of large amounts of money. He is a BIG 4th amendment supporter. He claims he can load any of his handguns in 1 second.

He's been held up at gun point twice, for his load, he happened to be cleaning his weapons both times (he either is playing the guitar or cleaning his weapons)...they didn't get the load either time. He has also had the whole rig, tractor and trailer, stolen once, while he was at home sleeping.

It's legal to carry open unloaded, he is fine with this - but he gets hassled. He is not fine with the hassling, he has won a couple of court cases against local PD involving this, but no money from what I know.

(I haven't seen him in a couple of years, but AFAIK, he still OC's)
Old 07-06-2009, 07:33 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
Hell yeah my friend!

I have a box of variety shells that I picked up years ago at some show. I have shells that vary from standard flechette to mini nails, long needles, short needles, barbs, and all sorts of nasty things to get hit by... A couple of them have been purposely rusted for maximum effect.

Of course they are "FOR NOVELTY REASONS ONLY!"
For lethality, nothing beats #1 buckshot. Since #1 is too hard to find, #00 buckshot works as a good second choice. Flechette, nails, needles all sound pretty wicked, but would most likely just inflict a nasty flesh wound. You need penetration, not vicious surface damage.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
He's a truck driver, he cannot get a CC permit good for crossing state and county lines, actually, a CC permit anywhere in the bay area is pretty much non existent unless you have a job that involves regular moving of large amounts of money. He is a BIG 4th amendment supporter. He claims he can load any of his handguns in 1 second.

He's been held up at gun point twice, for his load, he happened to be cleaning his weapons both times (he either is playing the guitar or cleaning his weapons)...they didn't get the load either time. He has also had the whole rig, tractor and trailer, stolen once, while he was at home sleeping.

It's legal to carry open unloaded, he is fine with this - but he gets hassled. He is not fine with the hassling, he has won a couple of court cases against local PD involving this, but no money from what I know.

(I haven't seen him in a couple of years, but AFAIK, he still OC's)
tell him to get a ccw for cali/neveda and florida.cali is only good for cali but florida covers pretty much the whole east coast and neveda covers the west