Can someone spoil the show 'LOST' for me? Need spoilers. :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Can someone spoil the show 'LOST' for me? Need spoilers. :)

I watched all of season 1, and the first part of season 2, and am pretty tired of the show now and don't want to watch anymore... but I have some questions...

1. The doomsday button. Is it real? Are they still pushing it at the end of season 4?

2. What is that weird mechanical monster in the forest?

3. What ever happened to Desmond (The guy that wsa in the bunker originally)

Those are the only questions I have because otherwise the show pretty much sucked and I'm disappointed that I watched the show into the second season.

Mainly concerned about the doomsday button, is it real or not?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Glad I never watched it. I'm sure I would have the same sentiments.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
They all died of Swine Flu.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:07 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

this has been the most frustrating thing i watch on tv...

i mean 5 seasons later and i still dont know S**T about it.

best thing i heard on the season 5 final episode? as they were rolling the ending graphics, a voice over came on and it is said something like "ON THE FINAL SEASON OF LOST..."

friggin finally. i put in so much on this show...

lol...
Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Prison Break was cool for the first season.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Prison Break was cool for the first season.
Even the second season was pretty good IIRC. It was the 3rd season and on where you are really sitting there going "Really? Is this really needed to continue?"
Old 07-14-2009, 08:52 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by flukewrx
It was the 3rd season and on where you are really sitting there going "Really? Is this really needed to continue?"
Much like 24.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM

So no one knows what the doomsday button is? Is it real? what happens when they don't push it every 108 mins?

I must know! Come on, I know some of you are LOST fanatics (I dont see how, most frustrating show ever).
Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Much like 24.
24 needs to die or develop a new plot sequence. House faced the same fate, but then they started changing it up beyond "patient is sick, patient lied, House figures it out with 5 minutes left."
Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
Midgets attack if they don't push the button.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
You should just really watch it. Obviously, you'd need an entire week or two at home, dedicated to just watching it. 1st half of 2nd season was pretty bad, but starting with the 2nd half of Season 2, it gets really good. After just finishing this past season, I truly feel that this is one of the most complex, well thought out shows, in a long time, if not ever.

I was a huge fan of 24, but after season 2 or 3, it was pretty much the same stuff. Completely predictable. Half the time, it seems like the writers wrote the 1st half, then threw in random crap to finish off the season.

Lost is complicated as hell, but if you really sit back and analyze the crap out of it, you realized that there are some bad *** writers behind it. Geniuses. That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited by lickwid; 07-17-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
They were never lost.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
24 needs to die or develop a new plot sequence. House faced the same fate, but then they started changing it up beyond "patient is sick, patient lied, House figures it out with 5 minutes left."
I got so tired of Dr House... I liked it at first, but it got soooo old and repetitive that I couldn't bare to watch it anymore. Same crap every episode, and I'm tired of his bad attitude... You;d think his character would evolve or something, but nooooooo...

season 1 and 2 of 24 were both really great! I watched them at the edge of my seat and thourougly enjoyed the show... Then season 3 and 4 came out and sucked the D... I watched part of 5, and it sucked too. I heard season 6 was cool though.

You know what show I liked even though it was slow? Is Sleep Cell. I really liked it! Not that many people have seen it though cuz it was on HBO I think.

Still wanna know what that damn doomsday button does... along with its old *** cpu hardware.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by lickwid
You should just really watch it. Obviously, you'd need an entire week or two at home, dedicated to just watching it. 1st half of 2nd season was pretty bad, but starting with the 2nd half of Season 2, it gets really good. After just finishing this past season, I truly feel that this is one of the most complex, well thought out shows, in a long time, if not ever.

I was a huge fan of 24, but after season 2 or 3, it was pretty much the same stuff. Completely predictable. Half the time, it seems like the writers wrote the 1st half, then threw in random crap to finish off the season.

Lost is complicated as hell, but if you really sit back and analyze the crap out of it, you realized that there are some bad *** writers behind it. Geniuses. That's my opinion anyway.
Please PM me with with the answer!

I will never watch it because it's too long and I have too much homework and stuff to do... I already wasted a week on season 1 and half of season 2, and I wish I hadn't.

Hook a brotha' up!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
I got so tired of Dr House... I liked it at first, but it got soooo old and repetitive that I couldn't bare to watch it anymore. Same crap every episode, and I'm tired of his bad attitude... You;d think his character would evolve or something, but nooooooo...

season 1 and 2 of 24 were both really great! I watched them at the edge of my seat and thourougly enjoyed the show... Then season 3 and 4 came out and sucked the D... I watched part of 5, and it sucked too. I heard season 6 was cool though.

You know what show I liked even though it was slow? Is Sleep Cell. I really liked it! Not that many people have seen it though cuz it was on HBO I think.

Still wanna know what that damn doomsday button does... along with its old *** cpu hardware.
I like the direction house took in the last season or two. There is only one show I will actually plan a night around though, and that is Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Quick Reply: Can someone spoil the show 'LOST' for me? Need spoilers. :)