Can any Wordpress Gurus lend a quick hand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Can any Wordpress Gurus lend a quick hand?

So I've been redoing my site and I've ran into a few problems.

1. A broken image sign appears at the top right of the screen, not sure why.

2. When viewing the gallery the side bar gets in the way of being able to select images.

3. Is there a way to fix the full screen crop on the home screen so it doesn't do such a drastic crop to the images? I uploaded them in 1440px but it still zooms the photos in a lot.

4. I can't figure out how to set the portfolio/galleries to "full screen" mode...

I can make you an administer account to edit the coding if you forsure know what you're doing.

if you notice at the theme preview has an automatically hiding side menu, however in the theme sittings you can set it to always stay unhidden since I found some people didn't think to put the mouse over the menu. But keeping the menu out gets in the way of the portfolio image select.

Preview:ANAN - For Photography Creative Portfolio Preview - ThemeForest

My website: Brendan Bannister: Photographer

Thank you
Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
I'll take a look when I get home. Looks like some modules aren't enabled or its directing it to somewhere else.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
1) As far as the broken image, it's referencing this file path - /wp-content/themes/Anan/data/1339632785_logo%20main.png

It either wants you to upload an image and you haven't, or you did upload one and it errored out. the '%20' would lead me to believe that you left a space in the file name if you did upload one. Replace it with an underscore or just delete the space and you should be fine.

2) Not sure why your sidebar is staying out in the gallery. On the preview one it autohides. Maybe there is a setting in your Wordpress backend that toggles that? But you probably already looked there.

3) Not sure

4) The photos likely aren't going full screen because of the way they are cropped or shot. The photos in the theme preview gallery are pretty wide, and were probably cropped to perfectly fit with the theme.

You photos are being displayed properly as far as I can tell, since they do fill vertically. It looks like a lot of your shots are in 3:2, so that's why they aren't going to fill the screen. If they did, you'd have to scroll down to see the rest of the photo.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by reign_
1) As far as the broken image, it's referencing this file path - /wp-content/themes/Anan/data/1339632785_logo%20main.png

It either wants you to upload an image and you haven't, or you did upload one and it errored out. the '%20' would lead me to believe that you left a space in the file name if you did upload one. Replace it with an underscore or just delete the space and you should be fine.

2) Not sure why your sidebar is staying out in the gallery. On the preview one it autohides. Maybe there is a setting in your Wordpress backend that toggles that? But you probably already looked there.

3) Not sure

4) The photos likely aren't going full screen because of the way they are cropped or shot. The photos in the theme preview gallery are pretty wide, and were probably cropped to perfectly fit with the theme.

You photos are being displayed properly as far as I can tell, since they do fill vertically. It looks like a lot of your shots are in 3:2, so that's why they aren't going to fill the screen. If they did, you'd have to scroll down to see the rest of the photo.
1. Thank you I will look into it!!

2. The theme allows you to disable autohide, but its weird how it messes up the preview option. Not sure why or how to fix that. I don't want the menu to hide when at the home screen, but it would be nice for it to hide everywhere else.

4. Its the theme coding, not how my images are shot or cropped. In the preview all the images are cropped a lot automatically just like they are when at the home screen on my site. I can't figure out how to set the gallery to full screen display.

Thank you much!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:09 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by reign_

this shouldnt matter since ../1339632785_logo%20main.png is still a valid URI but sure enough, if you pull that path with cURL you get a 404.

other photos on the site are fine with spaces:
http://www.brendanbannister.com/wp-c...%20website.jpg

Originally Posted by OP
2. When viewing the gallery the side bar gets in the way of being able to select images.
That sidebar is supposed to autohide, without that it will overlay the bar at the bottom. thats the design of the template it looks like.