California fund raising.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
California fund raising.

Apparently law enforcement officers have been instructed to raise money by writing fix it tickets. My wife and I both got fix it tickets in the last week.

I passed an officer that had someone pulled over. They got me for my license plate light being out. It was so I can't complain to much.

My wife was driving on a very dangerous stretch of 129 and the officer had someone pulled over and somehow as my wife was driving behind a semi-truck below the speed limit saw her tinted windows. Her windows are BARELY tinted. It came from the dealership that way. It's an 01 and never had problems with it.

I told her to get a medical exemptions because of her chronic migraines.

The chick that pulled her over is a ****** though. I've had 3 encounters with her in my car and a couple out of my car and they've all been bad. EVERYONE around the area knows about this chick. She pulled a girl at a local cafe over IN her drive way for tinted windows.

Anyways... anyone else noticing a ramp up in fix it tickets?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:59 PM

Car Info: .
Nope, my exhaust is catless, no front plate, I have more SMOG violations than I can count, my windows are tinted and the cops don't even look at me.

And I don't live in Commiefornia.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX MBP, 2008 LGT spec. B
i got one for modified exhaust and no front plate a couple weeks ago =/
Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Not really, I got one tint ticket back in February, other than that, just speeding tickets.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
i have a REALLY good friend who is CHP.....he races TAG carts and i pit for him...

he LOL'ed when i mentioned this. NOW, we live in the stix, so possibly his sargent isnt as strict. but he looked over my car (nevada tint, catless, nvidia N1 loudness out back) and said he'd never pull me over due to any of it. he says has too many drunk drivers to deal with. also realize truckee/tahoe is the DUI capital of cali....

just my .02....

josh
Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
General Pimpin'

If it helps pay for actual police jobs I'm all for it. But I think it helps pay for over legislation. We need more real cops to fight crime around here. Not more CHP to patrol non highway areas to write tickets.

Salinas, Watsonville, Gilroy... etc. Crime is going nuts and I see hood rats rolling around with limo tint daily... where's there tickets?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by josh
i have a REALLY good friend who is CHP.....he races TAG carts and i pit for him...

he LOL'ed when i mentioned this. NOW, we live in the stix, so possibly his sargent isnt as strict. but he looked over my car (nevada tint, catless, nvidia N1 loudness out back) and said he'd never pull me over due to any of it. he says has too many drunk drivers to deal with. also realize truckee/tahoe is the DUI capital of cali....

just my .02....

josh
Yeah, theres better stuff to worry about there, bigger fish to fry.

Bay Area CHP are a bunch of chuds looking for the easiest way to justify their time on the clock. They should change their name to ORA; Overpaid Roadside Assistance.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Yeah, theres better stuff to worry about there, bigger fish to fry.

Bay Area CHP are a bunch of chuds looking for the easiest way to justify their time on the clock. They should change their name to ORA; Overpaid Roadside Assistance.
I once ran out of gas and had a CHP roll up on me. He just said that he saw me pass him earlier (was speeding but saw him and slowed down). He kind of laughed at me and asked if I had AAA. Then went on his way. Was pretty cool actually. I figured, hell... I just gave him a coffee break story for the day.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I should put my front plate one
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Its a simple thing of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. You also just happened to get the "Attention to detail" cop.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
That reminds me of the time I got pulled over on the way to dennys from my house, before I had my WRX. It was prolly 10 am. Cop pulled me over because I looked suspicious driving the Honda Accord that I was in nd it is "common" for those cars to be stolen on East San Jose. He then proceeded to give me a fix it ticket for a clear plastic cover on the front license plate. What a douche. He even checked the entire car, who knows for what. Probably because I'm Mexican though.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Got a front plate fix-it this past Tuesday from a LA Sheriff (when the heck did sheriffs start to pull people over for trivial crap?). It was just my luck though, he was a motorcycle cop, and the random shuffle on my mp3 player switched to a song that had a hard bass hit at the beginning of the song.

I'm just glad he didn't pop my hood or anything.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
blame :

Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
The cops have ticketed "speeders" so much that people are now driving speed limit so they need to find another what to get money.

And the effort to return ratio of snagging nit-picky issues like fix-it's is small compared to dealing with "real crimes". While some cops are *******s, I'd guess this refocus on fix-its is coming from their bosses. Cops don't get commissions on their tickets, so the people that motivate them (their bosses giving them the orders) are most likely the source.

Still, ultimately it is about the money, of which the state/city have too little of. And it doesn't change the fact that it's bull ****.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
got eye-f****d as soon as I started my car one night after work.. hopefully they'll believe my "exhaust leak" story...

Quick Reply: California fund raising.