Originally Posted by OneManArmy
loud pipes save lives.
you ride?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by STiyLish WRX
so you're saying blind/deaf people shouldnt be allowed to walk in the streets?
yes!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Impreza916
^^ and in the end aren't all of those humans going to die?
Yeah, but we're trying to extend the expiration date.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru Impreza
Originally Posted by PANGES
Yeah, but we're trying to extend the expiration date.
lmao. but its not getting any better. just let people die in peace.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
you ride?
Looking to build a bar hopper over the winter. Little O.G. bobber though that's a curse word with the cool kids these days.

Probably not the same kind of stuff you're into????

I'm too nuts to put anything like I'd want as far as crotch rockets go under me. Last time I road one I didn't set it down until I banged into 4th.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
whats that link?

i listed to clasic rock sorry
haaaaaaa. E40 is one of the kings of norcal hip hop. Good chunk of the words kids say these days came through him. haaa

classic rock.. WOOT!! foreigner!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
We are happy to offer Hella Twin Supertone horn installation for any customer driving a hybrid or electric vehicle. Just honk when approaching every intersection. 10% discount if you run a bumper sticker saying, "I honk for the blind."

Alternatively, we are happy to offer Hella Twin Supertone horn installation on any blind person. We'll figure out some convenient way. Just honk when crossing any intersection.

15% discount if you run a sticker that says something like, "The police said that my car was too quiet. So I installed Hella horns."

*discounts are not combinable, but you may run both stickers if you so choose.

But, really, I'm so happy that my exhaust is hella loud; it's probably the only reason that every deer I have blown past was not in the middle of the road.

Honk, honk.

Brandon@AutoHQ
Old 08-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
So my car should be exempt from modified exhaust tickets then. Officer my car is 105db because I want the blind peeps around me to hear me coming from a mile away jk............I do however find this funny, cars having to be louder so others can hear or see you easier

-Gio
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
[QUOTE=OneManArmy;2296221]WTF.... want to balance the budget... Get rid of full time law makers. Do they realize how much money is wasted trying to pass these stupid *** laws.
QUOTE]

Yeah really, i just saw it on the news "the law has been passed by all except Arnold. So research teams are set out to research the topic and have an answer by 2010..."

Research teams? how about a suggestion box in the lunch room in Sac? No theyd rather spend $100,000 "researching"

you ride?
Never south of Santa Barbara
Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
they are too quiet. i almost got hit by one backing out from the parking space. a stupid prius. i was just walking and talking with friends, and he did not see me, and i couldn't hear him.

they do need exhaust.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 PM

I think it's a good idea. Some people don't realize that hybrid/electric vehicles, when coasting to a stop, the engine turns itself off, so u can't hear it at all. I almost had my foot ran over by a prius because I didn't hear it coming (was in front of my truck trying to get back in). If I did get hit, it's my fault for not looking. But when u use your hearing senses as part of your awareness of the surroundings, sometimes hearing nothing puts u at ease when u think there are no cars coming when in fact, there is one.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i think if youre gonna get hit...youre gonna get hit. No matter what the sound is. Blind people arent gonn jump out of the way if they hear something, you know how jumpy they would be if that were the case? They dont jump when they hear a semi rolling towards them at the crosswalk, since they assume its gonna stop, so they arent gonna jump out of the way of a prius. They'd be better hitting the car and rolling over the hood than jumping out of the way into other danger. plus they dont want to throw off their 90' angle once they step off the curb...imagine if you turned/jumped with your eyes closed in the middle of the street, how would you put yourself back on track?

and if you arent aware of cars visually, then you shouldnt be out walking around. I hate pedestrians, they are some of the stupidest people alive.

I skate thru cars in SF and ride right next to them in the street, i pass bikes in places. even when I'm walking, I'm not a pedestrian, I jaywalk unless someone else already pushed the button. Pedestrians should not have the right of way. You are walking around with 5000 lb pieces if metal flying by you as soccer moms are driving with their knee. and cell phone in hand... get a clue nothing is safe.

Kids need to grow up knowing that they dont have the right of way, i cant tell you how many kids just walk out into the street at crosswalk while messing with their iPOD and not looking around them. They kill their survival by 50% by not doing their part

Im sure the third world countries have far less pedestian fatalaties because kids grow up knowing to stay out of the street etc.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 08-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.