ca ref tickets and general cop hasseling

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:21 AM

Car Info: 04 Wagon 5mt
Question ca ref tickets and general cop hasseling

Hi bay area folks:

I am curious to see whether there is a certain profile that corresponds to getting reamed from the man regarding exhaust, hood popping etc....

After doing a search on ca ref tickets and turning up tons o scary material I am hoping to put some sense to this.

So:

If you have been pulled over for a "baseless" charge (like too loud exhaust or whatever) or have received a ref ticket for same, could you post in this thread with your car (STI, Wrx Sedan or Wagon) and main reason and location?

Something like: "STI, pulled over for too loud exhsut, received modified exhaust ticket in San Jose"?

Let's see which group needs to be most paranoid (or not) when driving in the bay area....

c77
Old 09-27-2004, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by caballo77
Hi bay area folks:

I am curious to see whether there is a certain profile that corresponds to getting reamed from the man regarding exhaust, hood popping etc....

After doing a search on ca ref tickets and turning up tons o scary material I am hoping to put some sense to this.

So:

If you have been pulled over for a "baseless" charge (like too loud exhaust or whatever) or have received a ref ticket for same, could you post in this thread with your car (STI, Wrx Sedan or Wagon) and main reason and location?

Something like: "STI, pulled over for too loud exhsut, received modified exhaust ticket in San Jose"?

Let's see which group needs to be most paranoid (or not) when driving in the bay area....

c77
it doesn't matter what year, what make or what model of car you drive. As long as you drive a Japanese import w/ large shiny fart can(s), the pigs will try whatever they can to nap you (if they have nothing else better to do).
Old 09-27-2004, 10:43 AM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
That's one thing that worries me about my 05 exhaust, it's psuedo fart-canish and since I have everything changed except the axleback it sounds pretty burly. I have been by several cops, but I have to go into my cop mode driving shifting before 3k to keep it unnoticed. Grrr....
Old 09-27-2004, 10:50 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
I got pulled over in my Civic because it "looked" modified. Cop then popped the hood. Sent to referree that didn't even bother testing for db and didn't even bother questioning about the intake. Had to pass the smog and then go to court.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
i got pulled for having a loud exhaust even when i was shifting at under 3000 rpm in my white wagon. the funny thing was that the cop had one of those RFL chopper motorcycles. popped my hood, looked under my car and gave me a no catalatic converter ticket/ state ref ticket.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
2003 Silver WRX Sedan - pulled over for modified exhaust and no front plate, forced to pop hood and given ref ticket - 280S by 92.