Building up a tactical shotgun and my parts came!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Building up a tactical shotgun and my parts came!

I currently have a Remington 870 police model that is pretty bare bones and I wanted to do some nice things to it, and here is what is going on tomorrow:

Ignore the scope rings, focus on just the pic rail that my holographic sight will be held on with

This is made by Knoxx/Blackhawk and what it does is reduce felt recoil up to 90%! Yes, you read that right, 90%! It works by a spring recoil mechanism and this will replace my current pistol grip + butt stock (Anyone want an aftermarket pistol grip + butt stock for a remmy 870? will fit all Remington 870 models and is made of a dense rubberized material. Asking $30. The stock shown below costs in the area of around $160+

A side mounted shell holder
(People say it throws off the balance of the shotty but it doesn't really, none that I felt when I shot one)

A VERY bright fiber optic front sight to replace the lame bead that is there right now.

Last thing I'm getting is a front flashlight/laser mount for illumination and intimidation (a laser puts a huge amount of intimidation on the suspect, also goood for airming for fast target acquisition.

I'll post pics as soon as it's done which should be tomorrow or the next day! w00t! My Remmy is going to kick some ace!

Here's the holosight Im using up top:

Works the same as an EOTech with same brightness levels and such, no NV capability which I don't need and it's a low profile sight that can handle shotguns and grenade launchers. The one I have is black though.

I'm stoked as hell!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 AM

Just for reference, he's a picture of what my 870 looks right now:

It's the second from the top, the shotgun is right below the SU-16B (black rifle with scope). If you want that buttstock/pistol grip let me know! It reduces felt recoil a lot more than the butt stock that comes with the remington.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
that AK is cleaner than it should be :P
Old 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
+1 on the clean AK.

What's the exact make? Looks like a milled Polytech.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by brucelee
Last thing I'm getting is a front flashlight/laser mount for illumination and intimidation (a laser puts a huge amount of intimidation on the suspect, also goood for airming for fast target acquisition.
I think racking the slide would be a little more intimidating than a tiny red dot.

btw, I have shot one of those Knoxx stocks and they are ridiculous!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
looks just like my mossberg, mine is railed, heatshield, knoxx stock w/ limbsaver, optic, side shell holder,sling with shell holder on there and with tritium bead in front.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Having used an 870 Marine Magnum on more than one night time mission, I have to say there's nothing I'd change/add to it except the shell holder thingy.
Can't ever carry too much ammo.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I want a Mossy 590 mariner. My current self-loader shotty doesn't have all the fun modding options.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Having used an 870 Marine Magnum on more than one night time mission, I have to say there's nothing I'd change/add to it except the shell holder thingy.
Can't ever carry too much ammo.
That's only because you haven't tried this Knoxx stock. It makes repeat shots so much quicker and much more accurate, recoil is reduced to almost nothing! Having a fiber optic sight, or something better then a small bead is def needed. The holosight isn't needed but def cool for night time shooting.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 AM

The only two things that are missing is the holographic sight and the blackhawk pump which came with the buttstock, I have both of the said parts but didn't install them yet so I just threw on some random red dot and kept the stock 870 pump on there.

The coolest thing on the shotgun is the buttstock. It's an adjustable M4 style buttstock with a pistol grip that has great ergonomics, but the greatest thing about the blackhawk stock is the knoxx patented recoil reduction system that reduces recoil up to 95%, even with heaviest loads! It works really well!

Front rail so you can add a flashlight, laser, or any other kind of accessory you might want.

Only thing that's missing is the shell holder that mounts to the side of the receiver

Last edited by brucelee; 11-13-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 PM

Range report is AWESOME! Gun fires like a different gun! Repeat shots are a sinch and an ease to shoot.

Glen, you ready for the next shot day? You gotta try it out!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:22 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Hey Brucie you never answered my question about the AK. What kinda choppa is dat yo?!?

Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX Impreza
if we ever go to war i'm pairing up with you
Old 11-15-2009, 12:19 PM

Car Info: Nadda
War is coming soon, that's if you believe in the constitution of the United States vs the Government taking our country from us.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I think I still like my 870 better. But I do dig that stock. Maybe when things turn up for me I'll pick one up.

Quick Reply: Building up a tactical shotgun and my parts came!