Brz

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
STI should be their flagship car, not factory souped up vehicles, it's made for rally, not to spiff up Legacys or Imprezas or Foresters. Just my .02, that's all...
Wanna give me your 2 cents on how many ****ing employees you can fit in your "STI"?

Old 03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by air0n'03
Wait it was silver? The video and pictures the guy showed me was white. Unless I'm color blind :/
That's funny, I was just there and Ryan and I were talking about a white STi that was driving away and he said it was silver.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 PM

^ I get it, so Ryan doesnt know what silver is.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 05 Sti
The BRZ at Stevens Creek Subaru is Silver. My cousin took a picture of it on my phone while I was inside purchasing my parts. As soon as I get a chance i'll post it up.

Uploaded. Enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatkicks/6860887658/

Last edited by Im Too Lazy; 03-22-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Wanna give me your 2 cents on how many ****ing employees you can fit in your "STI"?

Have you seen the cars running in the WRC now, i thought they were initially talking about a return to it in their all new 2014 STI, but from the sounds of it now all they ever talk about is luxury cruiser to compete against the M & AMG cars. I'd buy a small, light, wide, AWD, turbo, WRC-like 3D true hatchback in a heartbeat, but not the sh*t circulating nowadays. I don't need room for hella people, grocery getting, drum sets, snow boarding/skiing, large pets, etc. Just give me a proper street rally machine that's raw & made for racing, not flossing. They lost their purpose with SUBARU TECHNICA INTERNATIONAL imho, has SRT or SVT or any other performance brand changed-hell no, those divisions exist for one reason only-racing/power/speed/aggressive looks, not ****ing luxury or for the masses. These vehicles are for the enthusiasts & fill a niche market, they need to quit trying to water them down with less race/sport & more bling-bling. Subaru will never be a luxo brand, plain & simple. Stick to what got you here cuz before all the performance/rally cars, Subaru wasn't jack sh*t, i used to laugh at all those oldass cars from them before. The 2014 STI better be hella good & to my liking or i might just have to jump into a BRZ/FR-S lol!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:38 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? I love the Rabbit scooter!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs down

Have you seen the cars running in the WRC now, i thought they were initially talking about a return to it in their all new 2014 STI, but from the sounds of it now all they ever talk about is luxury cruiser to compete against the M & AMG cars. I'd buy a small, light, wide, AWD, turbo, WRC-like 3D true hatchback in a heartbeat, but not the sh*t circulating nowadays. I don't need room for hella people, grocery getting, drum sets, snow boarding/skiing, large pets, etc. Just give me a proper street rally machine that's raw & made for racing, not flossing. They lost their purpose with SUBARU TECHNICA INTERNATIONAL imho, has SRT or SVT or any other performance brand changed-hell no, those divisions exist for one reason only-racing/power/speed/aggressive looks, not ****ing luxury or for the masses. These vehicles are for the enthusiasts & fill a niche market, they need to quit trying to water them down with less race/sport & more bling-bling. Subaru will never be a luxo brand, plain & simple. Stick to what got you here cuz before all the performance/rally cars, Subaru wasn't jack sh*t, i used to laugh at all those oldass cars from them before. The 2014 STI better be hella good & to my liking or i might just have to jump into a BRZ/FR-S lol!
What is your source of information that says the next WRX/STI is going to try to compete with the M and AMG cars? The only reports that I've read thus far have stated 1.6L in terms of engine displacement. Not that I think they're necessarily going down the WRC road, but guess what size engine the current WRC are running? Homologated STIs are still running in a number of rally series around the world, just not in the WRC. I could go on and on about your asinine post, but I'll let the ridiculousness of your comments speak for themselves.

-Brian
Old 03-22-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
What is your source of information that says the next WRX/STI is going to try to compete with the M and AMG cars? The only reports that I've read thus far have stated 1.6L in terms of engine displacement. Not that I think they're necessarily going down the WRC road, but guess what size engine the current WRC are running? Homologated STIs are still running in a number of rally series around the world, just not in the WRC. I could go on and on about your asinine post, but I'll let the ridiculousness of your comments speak for themselves.

-Brian
I already know all this stupid, i'm just repeating all i've seen/heard online thus far, this crap ain't being made up by me. Every time i say something regarding this ****ing subject, y'all always start talking sh*t. Start looking harder on the internet articles regarding the 2014 STI next time before running your mouth, then you'll see everything i already mentioned. It's all speculation anyways, not hard facts, so just chill out, nobody knows for sure yet, i'm just sharing the gossip, sheesh, ain't nothing asinine about it!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM

It's funny how everyone is freaking out about this car, acting like it's a damn super car or something lmao!

Last edited by STiWRX06; 03-22-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 PM

It's funny how everyone is freaking out about this car, acting like it's a damn super car or something lmao!
Its people like you who are hyping the car up.... tsk tsk tsk.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru

-Brian
Subaru is currently plotting the future of the next-generation WRX STI. Company delegates from various world markets are currently headed to Japan to decide whether the rally bruiser will continue to be a hardcore racer straight from the factory or if it will head in a new, somewhat posher direction. According to GoAuto.com (and previous reports), the new STI will be significantly different from the base Impreza and WRX, and that difference may translate into a more upscale performance model. Think something along the lines of a BMW M or a Mercedes-Benz AMG machine.

Regardless of which direction the model takes, odds are we can expect to see a turbocharged version of the new 2.0-liter dual-overhead cam boxer four-cylinder currently found in the Forester. Nick Senior, Subaru Australia Managing Director, has been quoted as saying the engine is compatible with forced inductions, countering earlier reports.

While Senior says he hopes the STI will continue to be a rally thoroughbred, his vote only counts for so much. Australia is the fourth-largest Subaru market behind the U.S., Japan and China.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/28/b...wrx-this-week/
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Subaru is currently plotting the future of the next-generation WRX STI. Company delegates from various world markets are currently headed to Japan to decide whether the rally bruiser will continue to be a hardcore racer straight from the factory or if it will head in a new, somewhat posher direction. According to GoAuto.com (and previous reports), the new STI will be significantly different from the base Impreza and WRX, and that difference may translate into a more upscale performance model. Think something along the lines of a BMW M or a Mercedes-Benz AMG machine.

Regardless of which direction the model takes, odds are we can expect to see a turbocharged version of the new 2.0-liter dual-overhead cam boxer four-cylinder currently found in the Forester. Nick Senior, Subaru Australia Managing Director, has been quoted as saying the engine is compatible with forced inductions, countering earlier reports.

While Senior says he hopes the STI will continue to be a rally thoroughbred, his vote only counts for so much. Australia is the fourth-largest Subaru market behind the U.S., Japan and China.

Big decisions loom for next Subaru WRX this week
^Thank you very much, that should make him feel stupid now lol!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
^Thank you very much, that should make him feel stupid now lol!
how does going upscale translate to:

now all they ever talk about is luxury cruiser
making an ultra-premium version of an STI is hardly making an S500...
Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Its people like you who are hyping the car up.... tsk tsk tsk.
I ain't hypin' sh*t up, i already said i prefer the FR-S anyways, don't get it twisted! If it wasn't a damn Scion though, i'd take it Toyota instead any day...86 anybody?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Posher=more $

I hope the WRX/STI stays the rally breed econo-boxes they've been. Hell, I wouldn't mind them going even smaller and back to the 2.0L. Part of the Suabru thing is that it's a fun car that we can afford early on and we get hooked on them.

Quick Reply: Brz