Brz

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:35 AM

Even if they plan to make an STi variant, they won't advertise this up front because it would cannibalize initial sales of the BRZ.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
pics or shens!

-brian
this!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Lorry
Even if they plan to make an STi variant, they won't advertise this up front because it would cannibalize initial sales of the BRZ.
What do you mean IF? The BRZ STI concept was already shown by Subaru.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:19 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by 04GG
What do you mean IF? The BRZ STI concept was already shown by Subaru.

Don't forget, the key word there is CONCEPT. Idk but a STI version just might be appearance upgrades & not engine (power-wise) stuff like before. The BRZ is built "as is" so i don't see any drastic changes to it anytime soon, the engineers always stress that point in their interviews. Well see what happens though...
Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Don't forget, the key word there is CONCEPT. Idk but a STI version just might be appearance upgrades & not engine (power-wise) stuff like before. The BRZ is built "as is" so i don't see any drastic changes to it anytime soon, the engineers always stress that point in their interviews. Well see what happens though...
I don't recall any STIs being about appearance packages though. Even though it has 200BHP, it is light on torque, so I wouldn't be surprised at a turbo variant showing up.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I don't recall any STIs being about appearance packages though. Even though it has 200BHP, it is light on torque, so I wouldn't be surprised at a turbo variant showing up.
You could accomplish a TON by changing out the heads and cleaning up the exhaust and tune and keeping it NA. You add 80hp and it's a whole nother beast.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You could accomplish a TON by changing out the heads and cleaning up the exhaust and tune and keeping it NA. You add 80hp and it's a whole nother beast.
No doubt, but I don't expect Subaru to do something like that. Port/polish, valve grind, timing adjust and better breathing would definitely improve that TQ. That's something you'd be more likely to see on Stangs, Chargers, Camaros, and Vettes on a revised model though. Don't these things have dual injectors too, like the 2012 Impreza? Direct AND regular injection? I am sure tuners will find ways to exploit that for power rather than mileage.

Aftermarket is a different story... I like the boost and all, but kinda miss my KA24DE S13 once in a while, at least when it didn't have problems

Last edited by 04GG; 03-22-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah that would be tight though...
No doubt, but I don't expect Subaru to do something like that. Port/polish, valve grind, timing adjust and better breathing would definitely improve that TQ. That's something you'd be more likely to see on Stangs, Chargers, Camaros, and Vettes on a revised model though. Don't these things have dual injectors too, like the 2012 Impreza? Direct AND regular injection? I am sure tuners will find ways to exploit that for power rather than mileage.

Aftermarket is a different story... I like the boost and all, but kinda miss my KA24DE S13 once in a while, at least when it didn't have problems
But like he said, Subaru don't do all that from the factory, they go the easy route which is good ol' turbocharging. I don't see a turbo model as it will cut into WRX sales, that's where the turbo fun is at. It's formula will basically stay the same imho.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:55 PM

Put it this way, if they wanted a STI version, a turbo version, or whatever else then they would've made all from the start. It's specifically made how it currently is for a reason, i could be wrong on this, but i highly doubt it. I'm curious to see how long Subaru is going to make/sell them, cuz when the all-new WRX & STI finally come out then the interest will fade (just as long as they're made properly, f*ck all that extra luxury crap talk floating around now). I'm personally waiting on those models myself!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
The BRZ is gone. Lol I'm here right now. It was white I wanted to seeee it.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by air0n'03
The BRZ is gone. Lol I'm here right now. It was white I wanted to seeee it.
Damn that sucks, is it being test driven or did someone already buy it? Also, why is every dealership getting only 1 white one at first, it's all i ever see & here online?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Damn that sucks, is it being test driven or did someone already buy it? Also, why is every dealership getting only 1 white one at first, it's all i ever see & here online?
Just like the mini when it very first came out. We went to the dealer when they were pulling them off the truck. I asked if I could test drive an S and they said "These are all sold already."

Put it this way, if they wanted a STI version, a turbo version, or whatever else then they would've made all from the start. It's specifically made how it currently is for a reason, i could be wrong on this, but i highly doubt it. I'm curious to see how long Subaru is going to make/sell them, cuz when the all-new WRX & STI finally come out then the interest will fade (just as long as they're made properly, f*ck all that extra luxury crap talk floating around now). I'm personally waiting on those models myself!
Just because they didn't release info doesn't mean they haven't already done it. That car has been in development for years. The STI previously came a while after the WRX. With the BRZ, I am sure they will want to see how they actually sell first. Though I am interested in the BRZ, I am more interested in the next WRX and STI

Last edited by 04GG; 03-22-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:06 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
The dude mentioned something about promoting it, I wasn't really paying attention to him because he was trying to get me to reserve one.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
It's gonna be REALLY hard to get a test drive. They still don't test drive STI's.

Most STI's and WRX's are sold before they hit the lot these days. When they first come up it's nearly impossible to get one without ordering it. Gonna be the same story with the BRZ. No way you get a test drive for another 6 months at least.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
It was silver and an auto. The factory owns the car. It's just so people can see it.

Quick Reply: Brz