brushless carwash

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
brushless carwash

I just spent last 4 hours detailing my car (wash, clay, and wax).
In the winter I let the paint get out of hand with all the rain we had.
Now that it's back to mint condition I would like to continue keeping it clean.
Where are some brushless carwash places on the peninsula? And by brushless I mean it's an automatic cloth-type of brush.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Car Info: .
"...back to mint condition I would like to continue keeping it clean" + brushless carwash = does not compute.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
I don't know man. I am OK with giving the car a full detail every 4 months. But it's tough to find the time to give it a wash once a week.
It also doesn't help that I don't live near a garden hose or a garage space.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
get a car duster, the california car duster works for me. It helps with daily dirt and grim and makes it so you only need to wash it twice a month
Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Well if you want to keep your cars paint in its most prime and tip top condition, then you probably should go the direction opposite direction of a car wash place....... lol

Yea no one really has that time, I know I dont any more. Best you can do is garage it and keep it from the outside. If you dont have a garage, you can get a car cover, that will help.

As for a full exterior detail, thats not a full exterior detail. You forgot the polish stages, sealant, and etc. If you dont have time to do detailing yourself..... pm me, I can help you out. =)
Old 04-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by antonch
I don't know man. I am OK with giving the car a full detail every 4 months. But it's tough to find the time to give it a wash once a week.
It also doesn't help that I don't live near a garden hose or a garage space.
You should look into Optimum No Rinse Car Wash. I don't have any experience with it myself, but it is one of those rinseless car washes. You mix some water and the soap in. And follow the direction. I think you use one pad/mitt/thing to put the solution on, and use another towel to wipe off...

At least that is what the guy in the YouTube video did. Might be perfect for you.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Are there any carwashes which only use high pressure water, soap and air dry with nothing touching the paint?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by code3suby
Are there any carwashes which only use high pressure water, soap and air dry with nothing touching the paint?
Yea, the one carwash at *** hill in alameda does (remember where we went to get cheesesteak that one time?) I been through it with my friends car, I wouldn't recommend it..... lol. Only gets most of the body clean, not the wheels or anything. If you are looking for a really quick wash for like 8 bucks, then sure. Other than that...come to my pad lol.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:15 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
I like the spray type car washes for a good in between wash. I like how it blows your car off at the end and you never have to rub or dry your paint. IMO anytime you touch your paint with a wash mit or a towell to dry you are possible scratching your paint. I like to try and keep my hands off the paint as much as possible.

I like how some folks will advertise when they sell their car "washed and waxed every week" well thats not a good thing if you keep rubbing your paint and causing swirls. But maybe Im just OCD, lol.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by SR20steve
I like the spray type car washes for a good in between wash. I like how it blows your car off at the end and you never have to rub or dry your paint. IMO anytime you touch your paint with a wash mit or a towell to dry you are possible scratching your paint. I like to try and keep my hands off the paint as much as possible.

I like how some folks will advertise when they sell their car "washed and waxed every week" well thats not a good thing if you keep rubbing your paint and causing swirls. But maybe Im just OCD, lol.
Well that's why you use the wash mits and towels that are least likely to scratch the surface. Honestly, you can't clean your car with just a spray of water and soap. Try that next time, then take a wash mitt and simply swipe it across your paint's surface and you'll still get grime off.

Antonch, I would stay away from any automated carwash, brushless or not.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
What's wrong with just letting the subie be a little dirty for a while until you have the time to wash it yourself? You'll enjoy it and then it's like unveiling a new car each time you clean it and everyone loves that feeling, am I right?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:02 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by Pactin
Well that's why you use the wash mits and towels that are least likely to scratch the surface. Honestly, you can't clean your car with just a spray of water and soap. Try that next time, then take a wash mitt and simply swipe it across your paint's surface and you'll still get grime off.

Antonch, I would stay away from any automated carwash, brushless or not.
I use the spray type washes to knock the dirt off as a in between cleaning. Even with a soft wash mit and water the dirt on you finish that you are rubbing around will still scratch it, thats why the older your paint gets the more swirls you get. I try and keep my washes pretty spaced out.

And the california car duster is the THE WORST. That thing is like cleaning your car with sand paper.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
i havent washed my car in over a year...my wheels are a one of a kind color from all the brake dust over the flat green
Old 04-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by SR20steve

Well I got an air compressor machine, so I get that same effect everytime I hand wash my car
Old 04-18-2010, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
The auto car washes all used recycled water too. so your going to get dirty water to wash your car. My advice is get some Meguiar's Quik Detailer or an equivalent product and a few micro fiber towels. that will be the best way to go.

Quick Reply: brushless carwash