broken bone blues

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Damn dude, that sucks. Hope you heal up in a hurry. That arm thing is no messing about - a friend broke both and shattered his wrist, now has way cooler x-rays.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
that sucks dude... seems like youre always broken or breaking lol
Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Why the hell were you riding anything with that crazy bruise deal you had on your leg/foot last week?!

Man, you are a magnet for disaster!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
yeah, the last 3 years haven't been the best for me in regards to my health... seems like someone upstairs has it out for me, but then i remember that i'm one of the luckiest men on earth... i have some of the best friends and greatest family, not to mention a woman that puts up with all my crap, lol. she's the greatest and she likes me enough to marry me, and if that isnt good luck, i dont know what is.

regarding the arm... it was an open fracture which means that both bones in my forearm were sticking out and penetrated through my skin which made the pain much worse... i heard both bones snap, which was the worst sound ever... no one should ever have to hear that, ever!!! the bones were free floating in my arm and rubbing around and scraping the inner tissue/nerves, and as a resutk the pain was so intense that i blackid out twice in the ER, they had to throe cold water on my face to keep me awake. ive gone through a lot of injuries and painful things, but NOTHING has ever come as close as this... only thing i can remember ever being on this scale is when my appendix burst inside me and almost died... Ive beeb bit by a black widow, have broken this arm 2 times when i was younger (same place but not an open fracture, not nearly as painful), broken nose, collar bone, various sugery, etc... none of those have come anywhere near this injury on the pain scale, the first 3 days were unbearable. i was in the hospital for just about 3 days but had to leave even though they wanted me to stay an extra day, but i couldnt take it anymore... plus the beds were tiny!!!

but yeah... double compound (bones sticking out of the skin) + surgery which added titanium screws and plates to my arm) = the suck! i hate being this immobile, i cant do a damn thing, and wont be able to do much for the next 3 months.

I'm the unluckiest (injuries) man with the best luck (family/friends) that exist... my good luck evens out the bad luck, both are extreme but somehow equalize each other.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
you have made me feel better.and i thought having surgery on my left rotator cuff was bad.
please tell me you have aflac.as accident prone as you are aflac would be paying you tons right now.
i make prob close to 5-6k a year off aflac due to various stupid injuries.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
Dude... I hope you heal quickly!

Good luck.

lndbrusr
Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Get well soon Daniel
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
you have a black 06 STI right?

I'll make sure to avoid all OBP STi's now lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by brucelee
yeah, the last 3 years haven't been the best for me in regards to my health... seems like someone upstairs has it out for me, but then i remember that i'm one of the luckiest men on earth... i have some of the best friends and greatest family, not to mention a woman that puts up with all my crap, lol. she's the greatest and she likes me enough to marry me, and if that isnt good luck, i dont know what is.

regarding the arm... it was an open fracture which means that both bones in my forearm were sticking out and penetrated through my skin which made the pain much worse... i heard both bones snap, which was the worst sound ever... no one should ever have to hear that, ever!!! the bones were free floating in my arm and rubbing around and scraping the inner tissue/nerves, and as a resutk the pain was so intense that i blackid out twice in the ER, they had to throe cold water on my face to keep me awake. ive gone through a lot of injuries and painful things, but NOTHING has ever come as close as this... only thing i can remember ever being on this scale is when my appendix burst inside me and almost died... Ive beeb bit by a black widow, have broken this arm 2 times when i was younger (same place but not an open fracture, not nearly as painful), broken nose, collar bone, various sugery, etc... none of those have come anywhere near this injury on the pain scale, the first 3 days were unbearable. i was in the hospital for just about 3 days but had to leave even though they wanted me to stay an extra day, but i couldnt take it anymore... plus the beds were tiny!!!

but yeah... double compound (bones sticking out of the skin) + surgery which added titanium screws and plates to my arm) = the suck! i hate being this immobile, i cant do a damn thing, and wont be able to do much for the next 3 months.

I'm the unluckiest (injuries) man with the best luck (family/friends) that exist... my good luck evens out the bad luck, both are extreme but somehow equalize each other.
Good luck in the airports from now on brah. And I agree, meet at Daniel's house. We can draw crazy crap on his cast
Old 02-26-2010, 10:18 AM

thanks for all the kind words everyone. When I heal I'll throw a big BBQ at my house... Maybe an install fest now that i have a ton of parking at MY house! w00t... I love the sound of that... "MY house".

BTW, here's a photo of me 4 days ago:
Attached Thumbnails broken bone blues-hospital.jpg  
Old 02-26-2010, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Hopefully they gave you some good pain meds - being wacked out on drugs is the only positive of being hurt.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Hopefully they gave you some good pain meds - being wacked out on drugs is the only positive of being hurt.
I dont think I could have lived through the last 6 days without them... They helped sooooo much. lets be thankful for modern medicine and the fact that we're not volvo owners.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
wtf did you do?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by brucelee
They helped sooooo much. lets be thankful for modern medicine and the fact that we're not volvo owners.
lol'd
Old 02-26-2010, 11:01 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Really no words Daniel! Just do yourself a favor and lay low for the next year or so... who knows what could be next!

On a more serious note, it really sucks to be helpless and immobal like that. When I dislocated/fractured my shoulder, I was absolutely shocked at how little I could do myself. If it wasn't for my wonderful wife, I would not have been able to shower or get dressed for a good month. It really made me appreciate and respect those with much worse and much more permanent injuries and disabilities who manage to overcome those challenges and continue to live their lives.

Good luck with the recovery and make a personal goal for yourself to not get hurt for again for at least a year!

-- Ed

Quick Reply: broken bone blues