Originally Posted by dcfc03
*barf*
as in julia stiles?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: evo
Originally Posted by ldivinag
as in julia stiles?
yep I'm not down with the stiles. so many so much hotter. she's not even worth a hawtness mention.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
OMG that sucked OK, I thought it was the worst movie of the year, decade, and this milenium. Half of thats cuz I read the book though, w/o the book, I probably would've given it a c, w/ the book, F-. I thought the first one was pretty good, but this one sucked.

Nothing that happened in it occured in the book, they shoulda changed the name. In the book its all in Hong Kong and some China, not europe and moscow. In the book hes a freakin chameleon, in the movie, everyone recognizes him, and he never tries to change. In the book he's clever, thinks things through, and soes hella smart things, in the movie he's simply more skilled than everyone. The tricks he uses like on the barge are stupid, and hella fake. And Marie dying, common, that eliminates the 3rd book. Also, w/o conklin, the things totally different. And theres no Carlos the Jackal or medusa in the movie, which is totally who bourne is. The whole basis for bourne is the Jackal, and the whole reason its webb is medusa. WTF, can't they get anything right. I'm probably way over reacting, and showing how stupid I am, but I nearly cried in the movie, its that terrible and ruins it that much! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO saddening.

Sorry guys, I had to get my dissapointment and anger out somewhere. Enjoy it if u see it.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I thought they made it pretty obvious that it didn't have anything to do with the book.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
yeah...I had heard that the movies were adaptations? Like I said before...when movies come out based on good books you kinda have to be careful. If you come into the theatre expecting to see the book on screne...98% of the time you'll come out disapointed. If you go in hoping to be entertained by a movie you'll usually come out happy.

I think it's crazy how serious people take movies sometimes. I talk to people all the time that seem to expect so much out of a movie and come out bummed...me... I go to the movies to be entertained and most of the time I am happy and think many of the movies are really good. even like the last samurai.

movies are fake. Books have to be closer to reality because it's our imagination that makes the books interesting along with the writers discriptions. If you wrote a book and tried to explain how a guy jumped off a bridge into garbage then got away from 100 cops with a freaking hook, simply climbing up the bridge and getting on the train you would sound like a dumb *** as anyone would know that they'd be watching the crap out of the trains. Not every cop is gonna stare at the boat. So a book has to be believeable or it has to be down right science fiction.

I'll read the books sometime to see how they go but I'll probably hold them in a different light than the movies.

I mean sheesh.....even the lord of the rings was different at times and that was one that was suppose to be right on.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
At times???? It wasn't loyal to the book much

I agree w/ you tho that you shouldn't go in expecting great things, and I enjoy 99% of the movies I see, even ones most people said suck, but the bourne supremecy was just too much. Whatever, I'm a loser!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think it's crazy how serious people take movies sometimes. I talk to people all the time that seem to expect so much out of a movie and come out bummed...me... I go to the movies to be entertained and most of the time I am happy and think many of the movies are really good. even like the last samurai.
Honesty, I am one of those people. But I have some reasoning for that; the PRICE. I think I should be able to expect more when dishing out that kind of dough. It's damn near $40 if I want to treat my girlfriend to a movie some drinks and candy/popcorn. Okay, so that may not be the most logical reason, but it makes me cranky none the less.

-Chris
Old 07-27-2004, 11:01 AM
General Pimpin'

no joke man...movies are getting flat out rediculous. Every movie is braking record dollar amounts but no wonder...when you're paying damn near double what you paid like 5 years ago. Paying someone $30million a movie just seems rediculous to me. It makes it hard to make quality movies..especially movie lines. Like Xmen. Taking so damn long to do 3 because the actors want too much damn money. Some of them got famous of the first 2 and now they want twice as much money....it's bull crap. Put me in that damn movie..I'll do it for $500 a day. Not $500 a freakin minute.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
saw it last night... not bad. Driving / chase scenes usually get old but they had some amazing stuff in the movie.

btw, there was a dude with his kids in the front of the theater. one of them was crying a bunch, and he straight up hit his kid. the whole theater was like wtf? it was right at the end too. I was so revulted I couldnt even watch the end of the flick.

As we all filed out of the theater, I saw him outside holding his baby girl. I couldnt help but stop... the adrenaline was coursing through me. I looked him in the eyes and asked him how he can hit his own daughter. He told me to mind my own business otherwise we could throw down. I couldnt even move. I so badly wanted to f***ing kick this guys a$$. I just sat there and stared at him.

A bunch of us went to the manager and had them call the security. They didnt even show up! Lazy bastards... how can they bust kids for riding their skateboards and not detain a frickin child abuser???

Sorry but had to vent. BTW, this was at the downtown theater in Sac.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:51 AM

I woulda backed you up, same with most everyone here.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
It's legal to hit your kids, hippie.

As for the Bourne Supremacy, it was a decent flick, with a predictable plot, that was RUINED by a retarded director whose sole form of creating action/pacing was with handheld shaky-cam and intense zooming.

:thumbsdown:
Old 07-27-2004, 12:13 PM
General Pimpin'

dude......lets just say that it's a damn good thing I was not in that theatre. if anyone on here knows any bits of my life story they'd understand why. I don't put up with that ****.

If he would have thought about making a move on you, any guy in that theatre would have been behind you.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:15 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
It's legal to hit your kids, hippie.

As for the Bourne Supremacy, it was a decent flick, with a predictable plot, that was RUINED by a retarded director whose sole form of creating action/pacing was with handheld shaky-cam and intense zooming.

:thumbsdown:

yeah this director was no good. I want the old guy back. Freaking Matt Damon carried this movie...I was actually very impressed with him. I like him more and more every movie I see him in.

Hopefully that damn director has nothing to do with the next one, with the next XXX, the next of anything. I hated that guy. Should go back to blair witch project.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
ive shot steadier footage on a wind up 8mm camera then most of this movie

but i still liked it

Quick Reply: Bourne Supremecy *spoilers*