Bourne Supremecy *spoilers*

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
^^ werd... my head was spinning.

thanks fellas for the back up about that BS. Army, I think we have some things in common and it is too bad you werent there. It would have been on!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
wasn't being serious about the blair witch thing...I was just saying the camera work was about the same quality. Too much freakin hand held.

The director was actually Paul Greengrass.

Personally I don't know what the hell they were thinking using that guy. He's pretty much an unknown. Bunch of made for TV stuff. But Damon likes the guy so he got the nod. Maybe next time they'll go with someone higher profile with more experience in the genre...I mean it's not like it was meant as a B flick or anything..it's a top flight movie.

edit....was just reading on a movie forum that many folks think that Marrie will come back? cause she was in all 4 books. and has a pretty major role. hmmm. Interesting...I almost don't want to read the books and ruin the future movies..but they sound like great books...dang it.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 07-28-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
Reading the books won't ruin the movie. I read the books, and the movies were 100% different. Well, thats an exageration, 99% different. He had the same name, and had amnesia, and his wife was named Marie. Anyways, read the books, and pretend that the movies something different

Yea, ok, it didn't work for me, but they're great books! (I havent' read bourne legacy, or whatever the new one by the other authors called, ludlum didn't write it right?)
Old 07-28-2004, 04:01 PM
General Pimpin'

yeah...different guy....interesting concept....

if you like mistery...read some Michael Connolly books man...make sure to read them in order. He is the guy that wrote blood work... another one of his books is do out as a movie too...the Void Moon.

I've read most of his stuff...freakin awesome.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by kravdra
OMG that sucked OK, I thought it was the worst movie of the year, decade, and this milenium. Half of thats cuz I read the book though, w/o the book, I probably would've given it a c, w/ the book, F-. I thought the first one was pretty good, but this one sucked.

Nothing that happened in it occured in the book, they shoulda changed the name. In the book its all in Hong Kong and some China, not europe and moscow. In the book hes a freakin chameleon, in the movie, everyone recognizes him, and he never tries to change. In the book he's clever, thinks things through, and soes hella smart things, in the movie he's simply more skilled than everyone. The tricks he uses like on the barge are stupid, and hella fake. And Marie dying, common, that eliminates the 3rd book. Also, w/o conklin, the things totally different. And theres no Carlos the Jackal or medusa in the movie, which is totally who bourne is. The whole basis for bourne is the Jackal, and the whole reason its webb is medusa. WTF, can't they get anything right. I'm probably way over reacting, and showing how stupid I am, but I nearly cried in the movie, its that terrible and ruins it that much! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO saddening.

Sorry guys, I had to get my dissapointment and anger out somewhere. Enjoy it if u see it.

I warned u that it was nothing like the book Before I watched the movie, I was disappointed that the movie wasn't like the book at all, but I went in there with an open mind.

Btw, they killed off Conklin in the first movie.

The headaches and whatnot in the movie have nothing to do with the book. They're trying to make it seem as if these guys were made into soldiers by some sort of government project with drug injections into them.

A friend of mine read I, Robot and the movie is also nothing like the book.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:32 PM
General Pimpin'

i-robot are a series of stories if I am not mistaken.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
yup, I just thought it'd be similar, I didn't realize that they'd totally ignore the book, seems weird to me, but I guess for all I know, they do that on most movies, I tend not to read books that are movies, and its more or less an accident I started reading these. However, all other books that r movies that I've read are similar, at least to a large extent, I've never seen one that simply ignores the book its name implies it is. O well.

And I knew conklin was already dead my wording, and explanations just suck!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:41 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

miranda,

your next task, should you accept it, is to watch HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE...
Old 08-02-2004, 02:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
i dunno, i thought this movie was horrible... the way they switched camera's so fast was just giving me a headache...

the fight between bourne and the other treadstone guy was just retarded... all u could follow was the sound effects
Old 08-02-2004, 11:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FoToHo
lol yes... i know that and catwoman and thunderbirds are the only movies i can think of that i havent seen at all... of course I am not sure that I am going to see the other 2 anyway and I will probably go see the Harold and Kumar movie to say that i did... but this weekend Collateral comes out and I will definitely be going to see that...

miranda

DO NOT WASTE your money on the Village either.

That was one crappy movie.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
part of what made the first one so great was the fact that the camera didn't move around a whole lot, so you could focus on the fight coreography (which was excellent). I was so pissed when they killed marie, she's as important as webb/bourne! I didn't like that cia chick (pamela?) her role was pointless and I thought she did a bad job. I dunno, I don't even associate the movies and books anymore, they're so different, to me they're completely separate things, but I dunno. As far as the chase scene goes, what's wrong with having a realistic car (not a ferrari or whatever), I think it adds to it, the chase w/ the mini in the first one was absolutely badass, because he simply outdrove all of the cops, wasn't like the car just outperformed them and all he had to do was mash the gas.

Quick Reply: Bourne Supremecy *spoilers*