Bourne Supremecy *spoilers*

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Liked the movie. The shaky camera ruined it. Out of $10, probably worth $7.75, and $2.00 more if it wasn't for the !**@ camera work. Anyone else notice how griany most of the movie was?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by dcfc03
I was pretty pissed when they killed off 'Lola' , but that's just me.

cheer up, she's alive and well in the book
Old 07-26-2004, 12:33 AM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dcfc03
I find that realistic or emphasized sound effects add more to fight scenes than any camera movement could. So no one mentioned the 'chase scene', with so many edits it was a bit fragmented(MTv syndrome). It's great to have well envsioned and excuted chase scene but being are car guy I really want to see it done with "fast" cars.

That of course of the same song that was at the end of 'indenity', which I thought was a nice touch. This really felt like a middle film. None of the charatrers really had a pronounced role. While I find MD to be a decent actor he was very moderate in this film, the director really never gave him the opp. to wow us. I like the idea of the cracking up secret agent. It would be great he if got even crazier. While they hint at his animilastic motives there really wasn't any crazy twist on his part. He was alone too much in this film his interaction with other characters like in the first film made it really watchable for me. If a film has more than 5 minutes of flshback it starts to bother me. I was pretty pissed when they killed off 'Lola' , but that's just me.
Wow, agree on so many points. I was really excited about this movie, and I really thought it was about a C or C-. The shaky and fast cut camera work was an excuse for good coreography, the story was so-so, the dialogue really was lame (the CIA "shop talk" was embarrassingly bad), and the bad guys really werent even that provoking. For how serious the movie and the characters took themselves, all the official sounding CIA guys just did not have clever lines! If you see it again, listen to how cheesy everything sounds! If you're going to be a serious spy flick, make sure you're well researched, a la Clear and Present Danger, The Hunt for the Krasny Oktyabr, or any Clancy based movie. For gods sake if you're going to butcher Ludlum's plotlines, do his intended themes justice!

"A good middle movie" is all it gets from me. Mr Damon, I expected better. I fully expect Ultimatum to be everything Supremacy should have been: wild, clever, and containing compelling characters. It was a MUCH more compelling story when Jason was trying to simultaneously figure out who he was, why he was being targetted, and why he was SUCH A BADASS!!

PS: and all the recycled music?! Please! I admit the music was excellent for the first movie, but who the HELL ends their sequel with the same g*ddamn song as the original??

Last edited by Domino; 07-26-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
much spoilers inside my thread.......

dug the movie. The director definately wasn't as good as the last guy and it had a huge effect on the movie. I didn't like a lot of the camera work. But beyond that I thought it was awesome and very creative.

I mean he's damn near a white jackie chan. Used a magazine to kick a guys *** that had a huge knife...I mean damn. Then a fishing/trash hook to escape the police.

just so creative. I will have to read the books. No one ever does the movies like the books. Someone takes the book and uses the charecters and concepts to create their own idea of how the story should go. From small things to huge things...most of the time they are very different. Take for example that movie blood work...if you read the books you kinda scratch your head at times...but it's close enough that you can enjoy the movie and still get surprised from time to time.

People next to me were surprised when his lady took a dive. After the movie I asked them if they were surprised..they said yeah...I> said.....did you watch any of the previews? She wasn't in them. Soon as I saw him running with the sack I knew he was gonna snipe.

I did like some of the personality things...like when he told that lady to get some sleep. And when he said.....it's easy..she's right next to you. It was kind of an in your face thing.....seems like my favorite parts of the movie are based a lot of matt damon. I think they picked the right guy..anyone else it would be cheasy....sept maybe brad pitt..he's seems to do well with that kind of funny...but I think matt is the best choice.

I was bummed that julia was't in it more. They really made it look like maybe matt was gonna rescue her or soemthing and she was gonna help him....I mean it was kinda missleading. Like that movie life without Dick. Freaking Johnny Knoxville was a big selling point in the movie previews and he gets wacked in lke 5 minutes.

but overall...I'd watch it again. I can't wait for the 3rd one. gonna be all midwesty..haaa. maybe they'll have a tractor chase.haaa.

the driving in that chase was awesome.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 AM

True, the creative-cool clever tricks were fun (like when he called her room to keep the line busy, etc) and the magazine fight was cool too...maybe Im being too hard on it.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:15 AM
xom

Car Info: 04 GTO 5.7
Wink

Originally Posted by nKoan
I thought the camera shake was an awesome effect. Really added to the jarring nature of the films fight scenes.
true,
But some of the editing in the car chase scenes was a bit much. Or I'm old...
Old 07-26-2004, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Good movie for a sequel... Camera work was some of the worst I've seen yet, and Julia Styles is NOT hot at all...

Oh yeah, and the chase scene when Damon was driving the taxi was the stupidest chase ever... I found it very interesting how every car he bumped spun out and crashed, yet when he got hit multiple times the taxi was still in tact and managed to outrun Mercedes'...

Last edited by AWD 20T; 07-26-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 PM
General Pimpin'

well...if you notice he did NOT outrun the mercedes...they were right on his butt. He pushed cars into them and they crashed. On top of that he spun several times and the car was very much not intact. the thing was worked. And on top of that it's a lot easy to spin out a car not expecting to be hit and driven by your everyday driver than it is to be spun out when you are the one initiating contact and you are a highly trained driver.

Look how easy it is for say...a nascar driver to get up under another driver and spin them out..they can do it pretty much at will.

and on top of that...it's a damn movie. It's not suppose to be all totally real. How exciting would it be if the first car that hit him, he spun out and wrecked and got arrested. Yeah that's exciting to watch. Movie would last 20 minutes.

movies are for entertainment. if I want to watch real I watch the discovery channel or I got out on 880 and I smash into SUV driving cell phone users and watch them go spinning of the freeway and flip over free way off ramps.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by soundwave
IBeveryoneoni-clubofferstotakeyou (IB = in before)

-preston
sept me...my girlfriend would castrate me.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

those who read the books, especially the 3rd one, i heard rumors that MD's new love interest is the julia stiles character...
Old 07-26-2004, 01:59 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
sept me...my girlfriend would castrate me.
LOL

as would mine
Old 07-26-2004, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
I'm seeing it tonight at nine (my time, 7 ur time)
Old 07-26-2004, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 06 Evo MR
[sarcasm for the driving scenes within bourne identity]Remeber folks... that should you ever be chased by anyone and they manage to spin you out all you need to do to recover is downshift. Rev your engine twice and make some quick notchy downshift movements and you're recover with style! [/sarcasm for the driving scenes within bourne identity]

Still a super dope movie. I'm going to see it again. (someone is paying for me!!!)
Old 07-26-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
those who read the books, especially the 3rd one, i heard rumors that MD's new love interest is the julia stiles character...
Yeah i was waiting for that to happen. I thought he was gonna give it to her in that room in the train station.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: evo
Originally Posted by ldivinag
*barf*

Quick Reply: Bourne Supremecy *spoilers*