BOOOOO NFL, Truly ashamed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 AM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
If I'm not mistaken Hill will be turning 30 during the season. Reports have been saying Smith has been looking better then ever. We will just have to wait and see. I'm curious to see how Nate Davis progresses as well, we have him signed for the next 4 years. Everyone keeps ranking us low because we haven't named a starting qb. I can't wait to surprise everyone.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by Tdub
Reports have been saying Smith has been looking better then ever.
1. It's not hard to look 'better than ever' compared to his record. A blind monkey could do 'better than ever' compared to him.

2. They have said that every season we have had him.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by STiForFun

Look people; Vick didnt commit a victimless/white collar crime. He knowingly and willfully financed/organized/participated in illegal actitivies that revolved around & profiting from brutalizing innocent animals. Thats not opinon, its judiciary fact. He got out early because he rolled over on everyone else & snitched them out.
and?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Hill is going to win out the starting position - Smith is garbage. Always has been, always will be.

Not saying I would turn it down if we got Vick but I don't think Singletary even wants to deal with a 1/10000 of the drama.

Hopefully we can develop Hill into a great QB...or get Tebow
Tim Tebow will suck as an NFL QB, mark my words. I would want nothing to do with that guy in a professional uniform.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
Without direct knowledge you never will.

I only know from 10 years of service to criminal justice special populations, not something you can learn via a Google/Wikipedia search. But hey don't fret...maybe mom N dad can regale with stories over milk N' cookies sometime. HaHa.

Look people; Vick didnt commit a victimless/white collar crime. He knowingly and willfully financed/organized/participated in illegal actitivies that revolved around & profiting from brutalizing innocent animals. Thats not opinon, its judiciary fact. He got out early because he rolled over on everyone else & snitched them out.
No, they all rolled on him. He pled guilty because all his "homeboys" were going to testify against him. He served his sentence, the full sentence as perscribed by law. And now he has been released back into the population having served his debt to society and has the right to pursue a living just like any other American. You have no point and you make no sense. Yes, he committed a henious crime. Does that mean he should pay for it for the remainder of his life? I dont think so.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by En3D
Tdub, I'm with you. I think Hill will get the job at the beginning, but Smith is the better QB. By the end of the season he will be the starting QB and carry us to the playoffs.
Ive been saying that for a couple of weeks and you should see some of the looks I get.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 AM

If I'm not mistaken Hill will be turning 30 during the season. Reports have been saying Smith has been looking better then ever. We will just have to wait and see. I'm curious to see how Nate Davis progresses as well, we have him signed for the next 4 years. Everyone keeps ranking us low because we haven't named a starting qb. I can't wait to surprise everyone.
Nate Davis will be our starting QB within 4 years.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by R-Dub
1. It's not hard to look 'better than ever' compared to his record. A blind monkey could do 'better than ever' compared to him.

2. They have said that every season we have had him.

He played with Nolan, new offense coordinators and injured his entire nfl career. He was thrown to a pack of 'blind monkies'. I disliked Smith just as much as the next guy, but we are much much improved in '09 then we have been in a long time. I have some of that 49ers faithful in me.

Jewpac, I agree with you on Tebow. If we end up looking at a qb next draft, I'd like McCoy. But my #1 pick for 2010 is TAYLOR MAYS! He is a monster.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4361284

Even Tony Dungy, the nicest guy in football thinks he deserves another chance.

He played with Nolan, new offense coordinators and injured his entire nfl career. He was thrown to a pack of 'blind monkies'. I disliked Smith just as much as the next guy, but we are much much improved in '09 then we have been in a long time. I have some of that 49ers faithful in me.

Jewpac, I agree with you on Tebow. If we end up looking at a qb next draft, I'd like McCoy. But my #1 pick for 2010 is TAYLOR MAYS! He is a monster.
As I stated above, we have our QB of the future, Nate Davis. He just needs to put in the work. What we need in the draft is a Tackle, a Safety, an edge rusher and a Nose Tackle.

Spread Option QB's in college rarely succeed in the NFL.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 AM

I'm hoping Marvel Smith will be able to stay healthy this season. If he does we will have a much improved o-line. If I see Barry Sims playing in any game this season I'm going to lose it.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 AM

I'm hoping Marvel Smith will be able to stay healthy this season. If he does we will have a much improved o-line. If I see Barry Sims playing in any game this season I'm going to lose it.
If I see Barry Sims Im not renewing my season tickets. We still need a tackle.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
anyone want to boycott NFL and start supporting MLS?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jewpac42
If I see Barry Sims Im not renewing my season tickets. We still need a tackle.
I know we do. Barry Sims is GARBAGE. It pains me to watch that guy on the field. Talk about a no talent *** clown. Next year tackle/safety first round picks. I have no preference on tackle yet though.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by ldivinag
reasons ex-cons cant get good jobs is that they dont have the SKILLS SET.

vick HAS a major skills set. and a very sought after skills set.
Thats not true, well, he does have a skill set, but what if some really good software engineer ex con tried looking for a job after a violent crime or something? You think he's going to find a job or investors to give him money to start a new company? Hell no. No one would hire him even though he has a hell of a skill set. So whats the difference?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Thats not true, well, he does have a skill set, but what if some really good software engineer ex con tried looking for a job after a violent crime or something? You think he's going to find a job or investors to give him money to start a new company? Hell no. No one would hire him even though he has a hell of a skill set. So whats the difference?
Did the crime have something to do with the job? If so, probably pretty difficult to get another job in the same industry, if not, then eventually a job would present itself. And the difference is that the NFL is full of criminals. Not to mention that this doesnt guarantee him a job, it just gives him the ability to sign with a team. Do you think that a software engineer ex-con should not even be allowed to look for work in that industry?

Quick Reply: BOOOOO NFL, Truly ashamed.