BMW is the suckzer ! (should have bought a Suby)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
I love my M3 so far Only issue I've had was a worn out front control arm bushing and that was an easy fix I plan to replace the rear bushings when I install coilovers in another month or so.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
headed to BMW in a few minutes.. ill keep you updated
any updates?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Jewpac is no n00b.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 AM

Car Info: 2004 java black pearl (yEe)
bmw suckz ***

FATALITY

IS-F IS DA WINNER
Old 08-05-2009, 04:36 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Update: Well they tell the wife to come in and get her car, its fine, they cant find anything wrong with the car. Basically they started the car and there was no check engine light so they tell her all is good. I go down and talk to the service rep and tell him i want a diagnostic run on the car to tell me why it overheated. So I get a few minutes of the service rep telling me that they ran a key reader and it said nothing was wrong. After stressing the fact that the car was about 45 minutes old, and i wanted a diagnostic run on my brand new car, they finally agreed. Guy calls me back about an hour and a half later and tells me i was in fact right, and that the car had a faulty fan assembly and he had went ahead and overnighted the part to the dealership.

So basically, they were gonna send us on our way with a car that they said had nothing wrong with it, and the wife would have been broken down again the next time the car sat idle for to long. Great job BMW .....

Needless to say, I have an appointment with the manager to discuss the situation.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S

Needless to say, I have an appointment with the manager to discuss the situation.
Wow,talk about stopping a leak with a piece of gum. That is totally weak. I'd ask for some compensation and I'd write BMW about this dealer.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2cam16
Wow,talk about stopping a leak with a piece of gum. That is totally weak. I'd ask for some compensation and I'd write BMW about this dealer.
Thats exactly what I had in mind ! Great minds think alike? The car breaking is one thing... cars break.. ok.. but the run around ive been getting a day into buying a new car is whats really upsetting.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:54 AM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Thats exactly what I had in mind ! Great minds think alike? The car breaking is one thing... cars break.. ok.. but the run around ive been getting a day into buying a new car is whats really upsetting.
My dad's co-worker had an X5 that was always at the dealership getting fixed. When he spoke to the service manager about why it had been in for 2 wks and hadn't even been looked at yet, the service manager said "Well look at how many other cars we have in here that need to be fixed, too!" Smoooooth!

Last edited by danielliez; 08-05-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
California has a law that lets you return cars within 3 days of ownership...
Incorrect. California does not have a cooling off period.

"In California, when a customer purchases or leases a new motor vehicle, there is no “cooling off period” rule. What this means is just because you may think that (after signing and taking delivery) that it’s not the right vehicle for you, your payments are too high, or other various reasons that the sale/lease can be cancelled – it cannot. The moment you complete the sale/lease documents and take physical delivery of the car (drive off the lot), there is no “cooling off” period in which to return the vehicle and rescind the sale. At this point it is yours."
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by danielliez
My dad's co-worker had an X9 that was always at the dealership getting fixed. When he spoke to the service manager about why it had been in for 2 wks and hadn't even been looked at yet, the service manager said "Well look at how many other cars we have in here that need to be fixed, too!" Smoooooth!
What's an X9?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 AM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Originally Posted by Lurk
What's an X9?
Sorry, X5!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
my family has owned bmws since 1994 and the worst thing one every went to the shop for was a dead window motor or clutch job..95 318ti, 99 m3, 04 330ci, 05 x3

not all bmws are bad..
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
Update:
If you bought the car from what the closest dealer north of Pacifica; All I can say is Good Luck with that. Those of us who have experience with those folks via BMW motorcycles refer to them as "The Evil Empire" for good reason.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sfflyfish
If you bought the car from what the closest dealer north of Pacifica; All I can say is Good Luck with that. Those of us who have experience with those folks via BMW motorcycles refer to them as "The Evil Empire" for good reason.
I went south take that however you like lol .... no SF BMW for me
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2009 WRX Hatch
Wow, an overheating 3-series. This reminds of the days when the first E46s came out and they had some kind of malfunctioning front radiator fan that caused the same problem. Roll down the windows, crank the heat up to high, and pull over. Pretty much all you can do.

Quick Reply: BMW is the suckzer ! (should have bought a Suby)