BMW Rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by meatloaf
BMW's high pressure fuel pump is lubricated by gasoline, gas isn't a very good lubricant.
interesting note... with more ethanol now than ever, and the gov trying to increase it more... i heard that ethanol eats rubber and that it's not lubricating at all... i heard that it eats through rubber hoses and stuff, pretty quickly too.

the design hasn't changed since '07 or before when it was actually designed. was there the ethanol content in gas at that time? my assumption is that this wasn't accounted for when the design was done.

my buddies 07 335i is now running like poop, dealer says nothing with the HPFP, but it's his injectors (coil pack) and they tried to sell him for $3k for 6 to replace! OMFG right?! i told him to sell back to BMW of NA immediately... and buy a mercedez or scoob.

any truth to the ethanol content?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...-damage-engine

http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/id1.html

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 02-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by WREXNFX
don't people read consumer reports before buying cars???
if you did you would have known all BMW's with a N54 motor in them had multiple failures with high pressure pumps and fuel injectors, and they have a bad issue with carbon build up around the valve stems because of the direct injection
If your mom was smart she would well that piece of s**t before it goes out of warranty.
Don't people read the entire thread before posting?

If you did, you would have known that BMW of North America is offering to buy it back.

If you were smart you would read the thread before posting.

BMW of North America is also doing the right thing by being willing to buy back the car with no questions asked.
2008 is the first year that BMW sold the 535i in the U.S., which also happens to be the year model of my moms car.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob

BMW of North America is also doing the right thing by being willing to buy back the car with no questions asked.
"Doing the right thing", not so much as in obeying the california Lemon law

http://www.hendricksonlegal.com/lemon.htm

Q: How do I know if I have a lemon?

A: If your car has been in the shop more than 4 times in its first 18 months or has spent over 30 days in the shop, then it's "presumed" to be a lemon. If your vehicle has spent more than 30 days in the shop in 3 years, then it's probably a lemon. If your vehicle has been in the shop for the same repair 3 times with 3 years, then it's probably a lemon. The "legal definition" of "lemon" varies, depending on your exact circumstance. You can talk to an attorney without cost or obligation and determine what your options are based on your circumstances.
Dont think for a minute thats theyre trying to be the good guys by offering to buy your car back, they know that if it goes to court you have a slam dunk and the cost of the buy back AND your lawyer fees will be much more than the full price of the car when it was new. If they offer you anything less than high blue book on it, then they probably figure youre not smart enough to know to get lawyer, dont let em pull that **** over you!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
"Doing the right thing", not so much as in obeying the california Lemon law

http://www.hendricksonlegal.com/lemon.htm

Dont think for a minute thats theyre trying to be the good guys by offering to buy your car back, they know that if it goes to court you have a slam dunk and the cost of the buy back AND your lawyer fees will be much more than the full price of the car when it was new. If they offer you anything less than high blue book on it, then they probably figure youre not smart enough to know to get lawyer, dont let em pull that **** over you!
Yeah my dad has a lawyer lined up already, so we are not worried about that. He will not hesitate for a second if the deal isn't good.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Update:

We received an offer. I can't go into details but it is pretty damn reasonable. A lawyer will be consulted anyway.