Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
yep thats why you should be allowed to carry concealed fixed blades. I just disregard the law in that sense.
I have a small one in the door of my subaru and a huge one in the door of my caddy. And I usually have a large mag light next to my seat.

You can open carry fixed blades can't you? That's good enough.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
It's easy to be a tough guy when there's not a guy shooting people in front of you...

Unarmed, I don't think I'd try to stop the guy. Be realistic... in a situation like that it's your goal to get yourself and you family out of harm's way

If I had a blade, or was CCW, that's different
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 2018 STI Limited
Its easy to sit here and say someone should have done something, and say that "you" would have been the one to tackle them or choke them out. But the fact of the matter is unless you have been in a high stress situation like this before, you can never predict how you will react. Its the whole fight or flight complex.

I would like to think that more people, or myself, would be the one to step up and try to stop an active shooter but the fact of the matter is most people wont step up. They get scared, they freeze, they think about their family, their friends, a lot of factors come into play in a life and death situation like this.

**EDIT** haha you beat me to it^^^^
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Watching Dark knight this weekend will not be the same. My condolences to their families.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Originally Posted by faraco3
Think they get a refund? I would be pissed, those tickets are expensive.
are you serious!? they were just shot at and witnessed people being murdered. I doubt theyre thinking about something as shallow as a movie ticket.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by runboyrun
are you serious!? they were just shot at and witnessed people being murdered. I doubt theyre thinking about something as shallow as a movie ticket.
While i would like to agree with you, i wouldnt put it past some people to bring it up.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I have a small one in the door of my subaru and a huge one in the door of my caddy. And I usually have a large mag light next to my seat.

You can open carry fixed blades can't you? That's good enough.
you can carry fixed blades openly up to a certain length I believe. My girlfriend's sister's fiance always has one on his belt whenever he visits on leave.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNC2...ature=youtu.be

Old man taking out the robbers.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I think you can open carry fixed blades, but even a part of it is; for example; covered by a shirt, than it's a felony
Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 AM

^^^Correct

you can carry fixed blades openly up to a certain length I believe. My girlfriend's sister's fiance always has one on his belt whenever he visits on leave.
You can open carry a fixed blade knife of any length as long as its open, visible, and contained in a sheath. Obviously if you are carrying a sword you might get stopped.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Lowend
It's easy to be a tough guy when there's not a guy shooting people in front of you...

Unarmed, I don't think I'd try to stop the guy. Be realistic... in a situation like that it's your goal to get yourself and you family out of harm's way

If I had a blade, or was CCW, that's different
That was kind of my point.

I'll admit right out that if I had my family in that theatre the first thing on my mind is getting them out. Period. Now if that dude walked over me and I was alone or it was me or him. Damn ****ing straight I'm gonna do what I have to do to stay alive. That is my responsibility as a father and husband.

I've been in a few fight or flights in my life. Took a knife through the hand instead of the belly once.

I do not put ANY blame on anyone in that theatre for what happened. Only person guilty of wrong doing is that ****er with the guns.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 1FSTREX
You can open carry a fixed blade knife of any length as long as its open, visible, and contained in a sheath. Obviously if you are carrying a sword you might get stopped.
That's what I thought. My buddy carries a HUGE one his leg.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That was kind of my point.

I'll admit right out that if I had my family in that theatre the first thing on my mind is getting them out. Period. Now if that dude walked over me and I was alone or it was me or him. Damn ****ing straight I'm gonna do what I have to do to stay alive. That is my responsibility as a father and husband.

I've been in a few fight or flights in my life. Took a knife through the hand instead of the belly once.

I do not put ANY blame on anyone in that theatre for what happened. Only person guilty of wrong doing is that ****er with the guns.
One again well said. This is the kind of thinking all CCW owners need to have.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 AM

ya but having people asking if the movie was good and if they will get a refund on their first posts in this thread is shallow and insensitive. Yes it may be logical but its for a discussion for a later time and day. Of course Im sure the theater will try to do the best they can to do their share in condoling the victims/survivors through a refund but now isnt the time.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM

ya but having people asking if the movie was good and if they will get a refund on their first posts in this thread is shallow and insensitive. Yes it may be logical but its for a discussion for a later time and day. Of course Im sure the theater will try to do the best they can to do their share in condoling the victims/survivors through a refund but now isnt the time.
Definitely i agree, hopefully there was sarcasm that didnt translate through or maybe they were trying to lighten the mood. Here-nor-there that is something that should be addressed later on.

Quick Reply: Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(