Bible to be taught in school, in Texas.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by josh
i was trying to figure out what paul was getting at there...and maybe i have missed too much...

but

pauls example would be great if Overbear where talking about being whether or not to take part in adultery. But he is talking about his sexual orientation. and i think a better example would be to say " i like milk chocolate, and he likes white. I cant STAND white chocolate, so he can have all of it".

josh
By bible definition participating in sexual relations outside of marriage is adultery... gay relations are not supported by the church or bible so therefore it's adultery.

The dangerous part is when people elevate being gay to being an unforgiveable offense and worse than all other sins.

You can see examples of this view ALL over the place. Just take a look at those asshats that drive around in painted cars and hold up huge banners at events.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:56 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
By bible definition participating in sexual relations outside of marriage is adultery... gay relations are not supported by the church or bible so therefore it's adultery.

The dangerous part is when people elevate being gay to being an unforgiveable offense and worse than all other sins.

You can see examples of this view ALL over the place. Just take a look at those asshats that drive around in painted cars and hold up huge banners at events.
godhates***s.com

Yea I have a special hate for them saved up. I have sworn that if I am ever terminal with something, I am going to walk into their little "church" with 20lb of c4 strapped on my body and give them a send off to the next world.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
General Pimpin'

I've had some LONG debates with a few of those guys and I talked to one of them shortly after someone broke his nose. He used it as a battle story and turned it in to a positive for "the cause". Those guys are demented.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Overbear
godhates***s.com

Yea I have a special hate for them saved up. I have sworn that if I am ever terminal with something, I am going to walk into their little "church" with 20lb of c4 strapped on my body and give them a send off to the next world.
20lbs!?!
Jesus ****ing christ...that's a hell of a lot of BOOM!
Remember to carry nails, nuts, bolts, etc with you....
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah properly prepared 4 pounds would do plenty of damage.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:06 PM

Yeah properly prepared 4 pounds would do plenty of damage.
I want to make sure they meet "their maker" with speed
Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 PM
General Pimpin'

I want to make sure they meet "their maker" with speed
You could always turn a bus in to a bomb and get them on it....

side note... this thread is so gonna show up on the nsa radar.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:15 PM

You could always turn a bus in to a bomb and get them on it....

side note... this thread is so gonna show up on the nsa radar.
LOL

President, gun, sniper, bomb, terrorist, c-4, Allah, 9-11, motorcade

yea we are SO going to show up on some list some place now :
Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I'm too tired to get into this. Good converstion none the less. Carry on gents.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
as OP i just posted it like the dover situation. they're not teaching creationism directly like dover attempted but i always thought that if you want your kids taught to be religious, there are private schools that does that. i thought church and state shouldnt mix. by state law...why isnt this the choice of the school district, school, etc?

as some mentioned, it would be great to have a "religion class".
there's a good TED talk about it.
http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_dennett...ck_warren.html

as for me, i would actually send my kids to church though i'm soft-atheist because thats how i grew up and thats when i learned the right and wrong by the moral of the stories told. but then again, i'd like that done at church...not at a public school.

but its not always great, i went to church in albany when i was 13 yrs old. the youth group kids would gather up during lunch, goto a abandoned warehouse and have a 1:1 fight matches that lasts 1 minute and the rules are "no kicking and no punching in the face" because it could leave evidence of the the event.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
I think its the spot where God is floating around in a world that doesnt exist... snaps his fingers and voila ! we have planets... people... plants.... just coming to life. Thats probably where some people see flaws. Just a guess?

Edit: my bad... 6 days laters they came to life ! It took six days for the snap of his fingers to take action.

And ... off to O.T with this thread !
and it makes more sense that the universe came from nothing ?

according to science something cannot come from nothing, so therefore we do not exist.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Ahh... but one "Chooses" to be religious, one is BORN homosexual
right, because "evolution" would choose someone to de-evolve which is exactly what homosexuality is if we believe you are born with it, and that evolution is real.

lacking the ability to procreate is not progression through evolution.

As someone else pointed out, we should not teach our kids fiction as "truth".

There is zero scientific evidence the bible is based in anything but lies/made up facts. Where as science in general is the pursuit of truth.

Do you really want your kids being taught in school about some mythical ghost in the clouds?
unless you can, without using someone else or a textbook walk up to a chalk board and put down all the scientific data proving evolution then you too believe "blindly".
and there have been MANY discoveries that scientifically backup the Bible.

And it's funny that during the Columbus days they believed the earth to be flat..
while in the Bible Isaiah 40:22 (written in BC) they mention it being round. How would they know that?

If we look at the Bible simply as a historic document, it should be among the most reliable on record compared with others.

Historians routinely cite Herodotus as a key source of information. He wrote from 488 B.C. to 428 B.C. and the earliest copy of his work comes from 900 A.D. (1,300 years later). There are only eight known copies of his work.

By contrast, the New Testament of the Bible (with all its information about Jesus) was written between 40 A.D. and 100 A.D. The earliest known copy is from 130 A.D. and there are 5,000 known copies in Greek, 10,000 in Latin and 9,300 in other languages.

Still, to put to rest the notion that there is no historic and scientific proof of Jesus outside the Bible, we may look to Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and to Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus - both well known and accepted.

Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities" wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

Tacitus, in writing about accusations that Nero burned the city of Rome and blamed it on Christians, said the following:

". . .Nero procured others to be accused, and inflicted exquisite punishment upon those people, who were in abhorrence for their crimes, and were commonly known by the name of Christians. They had their denomination from Christus (Christ, dm.), who in the reign of Tibertius was put to death as a criminal by the procurator Pontius Pilate. . . .At first they were only apprehended who confessed themselves of that sect; afterwards a vast multitude discovered by them, all of which were condemned, not so much for the crime of burning the city, as for their enmity to mankind. . . ." (Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44).

Last edited by evsoul; 08-18-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by evsoul
right, because "evolution" would choose someone to de-evolve which is exactly what homosexuality would is if we believe you are born with it, and evolution is real.

lacking the ability to procreate is not progression through evolution.
just like in statistics there are outliers. all traits in evolution have some sort of distribution to it, whether it be a normal bell curve distribution or weighted to one side of the bell curve. ie. traits did not just disappear all at once, as instantaneous natural selection is somewhat of a misnomer/oxymoron. now, i'm not implying that the outlier in this case is inferior, but only pointing out that it's a numbers game. intelligence could be a 'survival of the fittest' trait, but it's obvious the smartest people in the world have not been selected for just yet, nor will it happen overnight.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
What I don't get is why fundamentalist Christians get so defensive. If you truly believe, then it shouldn't matter what other people say.

Also, your sanctimonious attitude is not very Christian of you. Ever heard of humility? Check it out sometime, you'll find a good definition of it in Luke 14:7-11.
It does matter what people say. What is said is important because it leads to what people may believe and how they will spend eternity be it in the presence of God or in the burning lake.

I am not posting to boost an ego, nor am I posting to fight. I am posting to inform those that have believed a lie for the sake of their salvation. I don't want anyone to have unanswered questions.

I can't save anyone, only Christ can. The Bible says that we are to give answers for our faith. I am telling you why I believe what I read was wrong and posting why I believe the Biblical world view

Quick Reply: Bible to be taught in school, in Texas.