Bible to be taught in school, in Texas.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Why do you consider his viewpoint bigoted?
His stance against gays says quite a bit. One gets very good at spotting the homophobic and gay bashers when one has been on forums like this as long as I have.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
Yin- I'm glad we see eye to eye on that

saqwarrior- uhh my names Colton. And I thought everyone here was a little bit more mature than picking apart peoples religions. Don't get me wrong questioning them is great. Find out everything you can. Question everything you can and learn as much as you can. I just thought that remark was a result of an uneducated and ignorant mind. And i found it out of line. I'm not saying it's a crime or anything. Go ahead say whatever you want BRO. Watch your tone though
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Overbear
His stance against gays says quite a bit. One gets very good at spotting the homophobic and gay bashers when one has been on forums like this as long as I have.
So by your definition a bigot is someone that his homophobic and anti-gay? Is that the only bigot? Or do you include racists?

By definition you are a bigot. Just saying...

a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion is the definition of a bigot.

You are intolerant of anyone with a different belief or opinion than what you believe, this is evident when one has been on forums like this as long as I have.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX

Enjoy.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by medicSTi
From eternity God knew who would be saved by His Grace, which means God already knew which people were receptive to His message and saved before they were even born, as well as which were not.
paul, this ^.

it's not very bigoted, but i smell a bit of "separate but equal" aroma behind it (i used *smell* to get you to give us teh funnAy now ), cuz apparently, heaven is some elite country club where you need a sponsor to get in. that's why i gave to billy graham . hopefully i made the cut . totally kidding god people!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Yin
paul, this ^.

it's not very bigoted, but i smell a bit of "separate but equal" aroma behind it (i used *smell* to get you to give us teh funnAy now ), cuz apparently, heaven is some elite country club where you need a sponsor to get in. that's why i gave to billy graham . hopefully i made the cut.
no you only need sponsors in AA and NA.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by colton.

saqwarrior- uhh my names Colton. And I thought everyone here was a little bit more mature than picking apart peoples religions. Don't get me wrong questioning them is great. Find out everything you can. Question everything you can and learn as much as you can. I just thought that remark was a result of an uneducated and ignorant mind. And i found it out of line. I'm not saying it's a crime or anything. Go ahead say whatever you want BRO. Watch your tone though
Just so you understand where I am comming from...

I was for a long time a "christian", the whole deal, believed Jesus Christ was my lord and savior, the works. As I grew older however, I started to see the lies, the hypocrisy, and hate the church taught others. I drifted from it, learned to hate the words in the book and spoken in the buildings. I saw the evil it caused and the evil done. So I launched into study of religion, I have read almost every religious book you can think of, and talked with the "scollars" any chance I could.

It all comes down to one thing, religion, is a control system, designed to keep the "sheep" in check.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by colton.

Oh, ok. So I have to watch my tone, but any one of you "believers" can say whatever you want? **** that. You watch your tone, "BRO."

Seriously, is this your first time on the internet? Telling people to watch their tone on a forum? What planet are you from, and what gives you the right to tell me what to do or how to speak?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Just so you understand where I am comming from...

I was for a long time a "christian", the whole deal, believed Jesus Christ was my lord and savior, the works. As I grew older however, I started to see the lies, the hypocrisy, and hate the church taught others. I drifted from it, learned to hate the words in the book and spoken in the buildings. I saw the evil it caused and the evil done. So I launched into study of religion, I have read almost every religious book you can think of, and talked with the "scollars" any chance I could.

It all comes down to one thing, religion, is a control system, designed to keep the "sheep" in check.
At least you did your own research and think for yourself. I can respect that. But every believer is not a puppet incapable of self thought. Just keep that in mind.

I know quite a few folks much like yourself. I'm guessing the hatred of the church built over time because you had to hide you're sexuality and were not supported in any way on it... just told you were sick and had to change and god hates you... etc etc etc. Just guessing of course.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
You have to agree when I say there's a difference in saying that homosexuality is contrary to one's beliefs vs bashing gays.

I find homosexuality wrong.
However, I would never try to convert you, consider you less of a person, or otherwise degrade you simply because you happen to be a homosexual.

It's your life, your choice, you have to live with it, not me.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Yin

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
no you only need sponsors in AA and NA.
lol, but actually you bring up a good point. many in AA and NA have turned to religion to find salvation and to help them cope with their addictions, and many turn out to be better people in the process. so there's good in that. if there's anything to be learned, i think it's like anything else, if you do something just do it right, cuz people always **** it up no matter what. we talk alot about how many holy wars are started because of the history behind it, but i actually think the world will end by scientists who finally found out how to make a black hole or re-create the big bang. ****ed up huh.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
At least you did your own research and think for yourself. I can respect that. But every believer is not a puppet incapable of self thought. Just keep that in mind.

I know quite a few folks much like yourself. I'm guessing the hatred of the church built over time because you had to hide you're sexuality and were not supported in any way on it... just told you were sick and had to change and god hates you... etc etc etc. Just guessing of course.
That really was only a tiny part of it. It more came from the lack of proof, the words that were hollow and empty. I could ask "why would god do X" and just be told "thats the way god wants it"...
Old 08-18-2009, 04:09 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Tell the gay men in Iraq they should choose to be hetero instead. It's a lot easier than just staying gay and getting murdered. Those religious people are just trying to help the gays out.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...uman_righ.html
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...ngs/index.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/08/wo...ast/08gay.html

Why accept people for who they are when we can just kill them instead?

EDIT: Back on topic, the bible is just an effing book. Why would you discourage reading a book? What bad could possibly come from reading the bible, Qur'an, Ādi Granth, or Jurrasic Park? Does it really make a difference?

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 08-18-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
It's your life, your choice, you have to live with it, not me.
That I guess is where I have my problem. See it was not a choice, not somthing I sat down and went "hey I want to be attracted to my own gender" it just was...from as early as I can remember, even back 3..4yo the feeling was there. Now at that age you don't have words or understanding for that feeling, but it was there.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Yin

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Why accept people for who they are when we can just kill them instead?
^ srsly. hate to say it, but that's kinda the sentiment behind most, if not all, of the holy wars

Quick Reply: Bible to be taught in school, in Texas.