BEWARE:Subaru of Fremont salesmen will yell at you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Originally Posted by RU-X
lol wtf?
:rotfl:
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
something must be going on with salesmen. My girlfriend and I went to get a new stereo put in her car and to kill time we walked around the automall. I wanted to see the new wider jeep wranglers so as we were looking at it a salesmen came up and I said quiet clearly "We're just killing time" and he kept asking if we had any questions and being all chatty and that if we wanted to test drive it to let him know and he gave us his business card....he wouldnt give up after we said we were just killing time!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
:rotfl:
really tho... that person must be really moved by his post to go and create an account to post that hes going to link this to fremont subaru
Old 01-11-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MBasile
something must be going on with salesmen. My girlfriend and I went to get a new stereo put in her car and to kill time we walked around the automall. I wanted to see the new wider jeep wranglers so as we were looking at it a salesmen came up and I said quiet clearly "We're just killing time" and he kept asking if we had any questions and being all chatty and that if we wanted to test drive it to let him know and he gave us his business card....he wouldnt give up after we said we were just killing time!
ahh well, ur on a sales lot, so you will be "heckled" with by salemen. afterall that is how they make money, pushing people into spending more money that they want. in your case it was a push from zero to 25k or what ever that car costs

as long as the dude isn't a jerk about it i wouldn't give it much thought

Last edited by RU-X; 01-11-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
ahh well, ur on a sales lot, so you will be "heckled" with by salemen. afterall that is how they make money, pushing people into spending more money that they want. in your case it was a push from zero to 25k or what ever that car costs
yeah, but usually the dont waste time on people who arent going to buy anything
Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 PM

Car Info: .
yeah, but usually the dont waste time on people who arent going to buy anything
Don't you believe it!

I had a salesman hump my leg to test drive an STI the last time I had my '04 WRX in for service. I even told him that I was still making payments, that I had bought the 7yr/100K mile warranty for a good reason, and that I would probably drive the thing until the wheels fell off!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:09 PM

lol, must of been a slow day
Old 01-11-2007, 07:17 PM

Car Info: .
lol, must of been a slow day
Yeah, I usually schedule my service on Mondays b/c that's the only day during the week I usually have off from work.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO
I'll be getting my next car through the internet sales department of another dealership!
I'll give a plug for a friend and also for the dealership where I bought my new car.

1. Contact Roo (Greg Smith) @ Marin Subaru Parts Dept and see what he can do for you.

2. I got my '06 WRX through an internet deal with Mike Waller @ Livermore 3 1/2 months ago.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by Imprezzy
*sigh* I guess I'll cross off Fremont as a potential dealership I'm buying my next car from.
because of 1 online review?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
i've yet to make it out to fremont subaru... i'm sure its just a bad apple... 'roid rage maybe?

-sd
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
really tho... that person must be really moved by his post to go and create an account to post that hes going to link this to fremont subaru
I'm not the salesman in question. Nor did I make this account just to post about this.

I simply wanted you guys to know that Fremont has been made aware of this thread and the salesman's actions. I didn't think that was a bad thing.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Why would you take that abuse from anyone? Yell back.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
at most dealerships, a typical salesperson is setup to have 2.5 customers per day.

an up could be a serious customer such as the thread starter, or it could be someone wasting time such as you. the sales person is taught to treat every customer as if it's his/her last.

you may be just killing time, but to him, you are all he has for the next 2-3 hours. it's either talking to you, trying to make something out of it, or sit on his *** and not get paid.

and just for reference, you were trying to kill time and just wanted to look around. plenty of buyers who are serious will often tell the salesperson they are just looking.

p.s. a lot of dealership also have a turn based up system. so an unlucky salesperson could run into someone like you, and have to wait for every other salesperson to get a turn at a customer before getting a chance to make a buck.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Unit 91
I'm not the salesman in question. Nor did I make this account just to post about this.

I simply wanted you guys to know that Fremont has been made aware of this thread and the salesman's actions. I didn't think that was a bad thing.
no no, please don't take my post the wrong way. +1 for you linking fremont subaru to this topic. i just saw you post and 1 under number of posts, so i though you signed up on i-club to post that you linked fremont subaru.

Quick Reply: BEWARE:Subaru of Fremont salesmen will yell at you!