BEWARE:Subaru of Fremont salesmen will yell at you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Car Info: Rally box NFG white
BEWARE:Subaru of Fremont salesmen will yell at you!

My wife and I drove down to Fremont Subaru to check out a used Legacy GT they had posted for sale on various sites. Unfortunately for us the Leg's paint was in horrendous condition (not noticable on web-photo) and the taillights had what appeared to be house paint on them. After giving the car a once over and decided not worth the hassle I politely told the salesman we weren't interested. He proceeded to inquire as to why, and I told him the paint was in too poor of condition to deem worthy of purchase.

Then the dude got weird and insulting.

He wanted to know exactly what it was about the paint, and how he could fix the problems with, what I assumed would be a maaco paint job, yadda yadda yadda. He then kept saying how we drove all the way there and that we must be wanting a new car instead bla bla bla. So we walked to our car with him following us and I ended up slamming my door in his face with him yelling. We drove off with him, you guessed it, still yelling.

What the hell is wrong with people? Seriously. You try and be polite and look what you get.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Man I seriously hate salesman 98% of them are pure gimps whereas 2% of them are genuine and nice... Sorry to hear about your dealings hope fully you find one from the 2% next time
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
dam..horrible salesman
Old 01-11-2007, 04:33 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Irishdude
Man I seriously hate CAR salesman 98% of them are pure gimps whereas 2% of them are genuine and nice... Sorry to hear about your dealings hope fully you find one from the 2% next time
Fixed.

Not every salesman is a car salesman you jerk.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX (GD7)
horrible salesman ~~
Old 01-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
*sigh* I guess I'll cross off Fremont as a potential dealership I'm buying my next car from.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Fixed.

Not every salesman is a car salesman you jerk.
I meant salesman in general.. But remember I said there are 2% good so not all of them are bad.. I have had my fair share of dealings with good but just dealt with far too many bad, pushey, ignorant salespeople.

You a salesman Superglue? Cause I hope you're not otherwise you just proved my point with your comment Peace
Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
car salesmens are jerks, but thats the kinda **** people have to deal with to get what people in the bay area needs.

when i was working at the dealership i would try and be everyones friend, worked well with all the techs and the people on that side of the dealership. but the salesmen were just shaddy as hell. they would try and force the detailers to work 2 hours after closing washing sold cars. when i heard they were making them i was sooo ***ing pissed. wtf sales, people have lives after work! one day i was in detail and i was about to leave, locked up washed up changed punched out. right when i was about to get into my car sales bring 6 cars to me (i was by myself covering for one of the detailers) i had a paper to write and test to study for, so i told the salesmen "dude, i can't do this, i gotta jet" ***ers told me to talk to the salesmanger. so i went to talk to him (who i aready know is super shaddy) about not being able to stay, and he ***ing go off on me, he talked to me like i didn't know anything about the cans and can't of work (like the guys in detail) "no~! when theres cars to be washed u need to stay! its not the salemens folt that they had late sales" me:"just tell them to bring it back tomrrow i'll do it on of off time if need be" jackass: "don't worry you'll get paid over time." me: "its not a money issue, i need to leave now!" jackass:"what does that tell the costumers? i'll tell you what it tells them, that we don't give a **** about them." me:"all the times i bought cars after closing i had to bring them back another day to be washed" and after that i just walked out jumped in my car and drove the *** out of there.

next day i though i was going to walk in and get my *** handed to me and fired, and that was fine, i don't want work at a place where they don't understand the needs of a student, and pull ******* stunts. but anywho, i still wanted a job to pay for rent. so i went to work like anyother day but when ever i was in sales walked around shooting the stink eye to the salemen. at one point i saw from the corner of my eye the salesmanger walk to me with eye contact and everything ready to throw it down, and i was thinking "**** yeah its on! i'm going to bite his head off with the whats right and wrong talk and how he forces detail to work when they don't need too (one guy was told by a salemen that detail doesn't get breaks and lunch)" i turned and looked right at him, he turned around and walked back to his office. i left that place 2 months later

Last edited by RU-X; 01-11-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
i went to subaru of fremont twice already. one to test drive a 2007 STi and another for some parts. I never had a problem with any of them. I guess you were unlucky enough to get the douchebag sales man. To anyone else that is interested in visiting Subaru of Fremont, go ahead and give them a visit they seem like really nice people.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
should of got his name and reported him to SOA. They don't like hearing **** like that.

Look at the turn around that stevens creek is trying to make in that department.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:57 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Sorry to hear, 4S-TURBO.

I would seriously consider sending the dealership the link to this post, and hopefully the person in charge would do something about it.

I know sales is not easy, but we're talking about 'people skill' here. Having one of your employees raising their voice/screaming at potential customers is bad business.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by SK
Sorry to hear, 4S-TURBO.

I would seriously consider sending the dealership the link to this post, and hopefully the person in charge would do something about it.

I know sales is not easy, but we're talking about 'people skill' here. Having one of your employees raising their voice/screaming at potential customers is bad business.
This thread has been forwarded to the sales manager.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Unit 91
lol wtf?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Unit 91
That's good to know.

Something like this shouldn't be brushed off. This would surely let the dealership know that a Subaru community exists in the Bay Area, and treating some person(s) strolling into the lot could be more than just some 'guy/gal'. I had my fair shares of aggressive/pushy salesman.

Bad business practice will be heard.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Car Info: Rally box NFG white
Yes, I was going to write an email to the sales manager, but I guess he/she will get this link and decide what to do with it.

Anytime someone raises their voice at me, it's a turn-off. And anytime it's happening through a closed car window, well, that's just extra bad.

I realize this is just one experience and people are welcome to try it out themselves. Good luck. I'll be getting my next car through the internet sales department of another dealership!

Quick Reply: BEWARE:Subaru of Fremont salesmen will yell at you!