Best Steakhouse in Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
If you like meat, go here:

http://www.espetus.com/

All you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse FTW!!!!! :RockOn - not mine:
Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
+1 to all above, as well as Robert's Market out on HWY84 and for some reason the Lunardi's at Ralston and Alameda de las Pulgas in Belmont has great meats and you can catch the Tri-Tip dude out front on Saturdays...

MMmmmmmm.... Meat....
I used to live just up the hill from that Lunardi's, but we would still drive to Robert's in Woodside for the "Blackjack Tri-Tip". Throw one of those on your Weber using indirect heat and pull it off when the center is ~128 and cover it with some foil for about 5 minutes. I'm getting hungry!

A.P. Stumps is a decent steak house in downtown San Jose. But I usually only eat steak at home, not when I go out.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Forgot to mention, so far, my all time favorite Steakhouse is this one:

http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/

Just.... Awesome.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by xqwizit
Looks like we all like meat! WOOT!

Where are the vegetarians? I wouldn't think that many of us would reply back to a thread titled "Where can I get organic Tofu?". However, Safeway does have White Asparagus, I wonder how that tastes and what it does to the funk factor compared to regular asparagus.
I can confirm - funk factor is unchanged. Yeesh!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 05 SLK 350
Originally Posted by xqwizit
I've been to Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Broadway Prime, House of Prime Rib and also had real Kobe beef in Tokyo. Maybe it's me and I eat steak too much but I think the best steak I've had is the one I've made myself at home. Just find a nice porterhouse or your favorite cut of beef, add some montreal seasoning and grill on both sides for 4 minutes and you'll have a nice serving of warm bloody bovine. No long lines, risk of bad service, parking and much less of a dent in your wallet and huge time savings.

I am still skeptical about the restaurants who claim that they have Japanese Kobe beef. Usually it's Japanese "style" Kobe beef where they bought some of the cows from Japan and bred them here to make what they call "Kobe" beef. Even though it may genetically be the same, these cows probably don't drink Japanese beer, get massages and listen to the same classical music their relatives in Japan listen to. If I'm not mistaken, Kobe is just the "Plain Jane" of good beef in Japan. There's two others that apparently put it to shame but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Anyhow, if you can afford it, why not?

My other comment is about Yelp. I always take the user's reviews with a grain of sand since most of the people on there are tools. One girl on there claimed that Alexander's Kobe burger is to die for or something like that. Any true food expert would agree that a Kobe burger is a plain ripoff and doesn't possess the same qualities that Kobe beef is prized for (marbled fat) since grinding it releases the fat when it is cooked. Then there's the other guy that says that the Kobe beef he had at Alexander's is better than any Kobe beef in Japan... I highly doubt that.

Now only if they had blowfish (aka Puffer Fish) in the US...
Like at Blowfish on Santana Row?

http://siliconvalley.citysearch.com/profile/36914149

Says they have it, maybe I'm just retarded though...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Originally Posted by Tele-Viper
If you like meat, go here:

http://www.espetus.com/

All you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse FTW!!!!! :RockOn - not mine:

WOOOOTT!!! thank you tele-viper, i have been looking for a brazilian steakhouse like this after eating at rei di gado in san diego...freakin off the hook!!! how much does it cost though, similar to rei's?, think it was like ~40-50 per person there.....
Old 02-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Brazilian style steakhouses FTW! I ate at the Fogo De Chao in Chicago and the one in LA. They really need to open one up here in the Bay Area.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Ruth Chris.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:33 AM

Car Info: 2012 DGM STi Sedan
Bob's Steak and Chop House in SF. Top 10 I believe in the U.S.

http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
I know you're taking Bay Area, but nothing tops this one. The porter house is out of this world at this place

Butcher Shop Steak House
5255 Kearny Villa Rd
San Diego, CA 92123
(858) 565-2272
hmm i gotta try this
Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
Originally Posted by DanyoCantDrift
WOOOOTT!!! thank you tele-viper, i have been looking for a brazilian steakhouse like this after eating at rei di gado in san diego...freakin off the hook!!! how much does it cost though, similar to rei's?, think it was like ~40-50 per person there.....
Last time I went there was it was like $50-$60 something per person...soooo damn good! Too many different types of meat to remember from pork loin, to filet mignon, shrip, etc.

I don't know how it is at other places, but here they give you a little wheel that has a green side and a red side. With the green side showing, the meat keeps coming. Turn it to red so you can finish what's on your plate, and loosen the buckle on your belt.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Car Info: Wish it was still my WRB STI
Actually, now my Japanese comes back to me. It's called Fugu, which is Pufferfish. Not sure if people know but Blowfish is a chain and I've even been the one on Santana Row. I highly doubt that they have real Fugu since only a short list of top tier restaurants in the US serve it and certainly Blowfish is not one of them in my mind. If it was on their menu I would have ordered it since my dinner was paid for w/o concern to cost. However, I'd be skeptical about the preparation standards here in the US since it's not often that people eat Fugu here in the US so the chefs are not nearly as experienced as their sensei's in Japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu

As they say, for the best Japanese food, go to Japan.

Originally Posted by cdawg
Like at Blowfish on Santana Row?

http://siliconvalley.citysearch.com/profile/36914149

Says they have it, maybe I'm just retarded though...
Old 02-18-2008, 12:56 AM

Car Info: Wish it was still my WRB STI
BTW, so much for this "steak" thread with the meat recall. It's a sick world out there! I might have to consider going out to kill my own dinner to ensure that it's healthy...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:33 AM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
joe demaggios chophouse in north beach, SF is pretty damn good. $$$ though. I took my girlfriend there for valentines day and spent $130 between the two of us.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by so steezy
joe demaggios chophouse in north beach, SF is pretty damn good. $$$ though. I took my girlfriend there for valentines day and spent $130 between the two of us.
BALLER! lol

house of the prime ribs are really good IMO, and you will be full for sure

Quick Reply: Best Steakhouse in Bay Area?