Best Soy Sauce?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 09:13 AM

Car Info: MY00RS25
There's way too much soy sauce knowledge on this forum . Are you guys sure you're on the right forum?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Kikkoman is inferior soy sauce. My favorites are Higashi Maru, Yamasa, and Nijiya Hon-Jouzu. They have a very aromatic soy flavor in addition to more mild yet complex salty flavors. You guys have no idea how many bottles of soy sauce I went through to arrive at this conclusion

And yes, they're JDM shoyuu (soy sauce) suckaz!!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 04 Sti blue
Originally Posted by SpeedRevelation
So the other day, I was pouring some soy sauce onto my white rice. Then I started thinking up soy sauces I've used/tasted before and ranking them by preference of deliciousness. Anyways, I have came up with my #1 pick as...

Maggi Soy Sauce! I must say by far, this tastes the best and way better than that Kikkoman craptacular placed at almost every Asian restaurant out there. I actually get dissapointed now when I eat out and see something else besides Maggi. I've fallen in love with Maggi Soy Sauce and addicted to it as I practically use it daily. I've actually gone through 2 huge bottles in the past month!

When I was young, I loved soy sauce more than candy. I use to take dares and drink it out of the bottle as if it was a beverage no joke. Now I'm weak and rusty and can only take shots of it cause it gets too salty in my mouth.

Anyways, just wanted to say this ish rules! What you guys think of it? Is it better than most soy sauces out there or what's your favorite then?

FYI, it's owned by Nestle ironically! Not some Asian company you might assume. Oh yeah, is this another pointless thread? YES! LOL

I like to mix my own soy sauce, 2 parts soy sauce, 1 part vinager