Best pizza in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
omg, how can i forget BJs pizza. i love their pizza there and of course hef to drink.

seniories is awesome too. i went there with a bunch of BAICers. oh man, the deep fried oreos. so unhealthy but yet so good.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
I like California Pizza Kitchen and Red Brick.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 04 sti
arnells pizza in berkeley pie in the sky both in berkeley and eascape from ny on haight st these three place have the best pizza in the bay thin crust with a good crunch im from new jersey where every pizza place is great so these are the ones that are up to par for me
Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by turfshark
cheeseboard in berkeley. its life changing good.

http://cheeseboardcollective.coop/Pi...PizzaPage.html

be prepared to wait in a long *** line, though it moves pretty quick. they have a 'sister' pizzeria in emeryville called arizmendi, i hear its also good, but i've never been to that one.
I used to eat at the emeryville one, only because it was close, but their pizza was hadly pizza, more like flat bread with some veggies on top, def not like any pizza Ive ever had... It was OK, but I'd rather eat real pizza.

To the person that said that that his thick crust round table pizza wasn't cooked, do you mean the toppings weren't cooked? Believe it or not, the crust is pre-cooked, so all you have to do is heat it up for it to get brown. I used to work there when I was 15.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:04 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by brucelee
To the person that said that that his thick crust round table pizza wasn't cooked, do you mean the toppings weren't cooked? Believe it or not, the crust is pre-cooked, so all you have to do is heat it up for it to get brown. I used to work there when I was 15.
The RT that is near my home and an even worse one in San Pablo - the toppings are either burned (oven too hot) and/or not fully cooked (sausage pizza, insides were very cold, even though the cheese on top was melted and the crust a nice brown - unedible.

I understand when you say the crust is pre-cooked, but the last couple that I bought were still doughy inside, even though it was browned nicely.

I have also recently gotten burned cheese on top and scorched on the bottom, very recently. I was so angry, I had ordered two pizzas, I took them both back, they apologized, said their oven had gotten too hot, made me new pizza's that were also burned, so they made me another pair of pizzas, which were good...they gave me all 4 pizza's and a coupon for a free future pizza, which I've already used.

I would probably like the pizza better if it was more consistent...the one in San Pablo has lost my order at least 50% of the time, no kidding, and once had me standing around for 2 hours, kept telling me 5 more mins..and finally told me they didn't have a pizza for me...I was there for over 2 hours plus the 40 mins earlier for the phone call - I am NEVER going back there again.

But it's still the best large chain pizza, they have lost, overall for me about 25% of every pizza order I have made, the one in San Pablo is much worse than this, and more recently lots of burned cheese on top of the pizza, IDK why.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 05-10-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 PM

Car Info: 2012 DGM STi Sedan
Cicero's in Cupertino! I would go to Blondies more often, but it's too far of a drive.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:34 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
porky's in san leandro!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
The RT that is near my home and an even worse one in San Pablo - the toppings are either burned (oven too hot) and/or not fully cooked (sausage pizza, insides were very cold, even though the cheese on top was melted and the crust a nice brown - unedible.

I understand when you say the crust is pre-cooked, but the last couple that I bought were still doughy inside, even though it was browned nicely.

I have also recently gotten burned cheese on top and scorched on the bottom, very recently. I was so angry, I had ordered two pizzas, I took them both back, they apologized, said their oven had gotten too hot, made me new pizza's that were also burned, so they made me another pair of pizzas, which were good...they gave me all 4 pizza's and a coupon for a free future pizza, which I've already used.

I would probably like the pizza better if it was more consistent...the one in San Pablo has lost my order at least 50% of the time, no kidding, and once had me standing around for 2 hours, kept telling me 5 more mins..and finally told me they didn't have a pizza for me...I was there for over 2 hours plus the 40 mins earlier for the phone call - I am NEVER going back there again.

But it's still the best large chain pizza, they have lost, overall for me about 25% of every pizza order I have made, the one in San Pablo is much worse than this, and more recently lots of burned cheese on top of the pizza, IDK why.
When I worked there they wouldn't allow us to use more the 5 toppings, and even then that was kinda pushing it, except for when it was like a combo or something, then we'd use a little less of each topping. The reason for this is because the pizzas wont cook properly and turn out like you said. Does this happen with a single or double topping pizza? Its weird that it happens at all, in all my years of round table pizza, I have never received a raw one, maybe its the two locations and you're just unlucky with RT? The thick crust is the only way to go there, too. The thin is pretty good, but the thick is GREAT! Thick and chewy, very doughy. Mmmmmm. Next time you're in Fremont, go to any location in the area, they are all great.

I wonder if their ovens are different in your area? Old perhaps? I dunno.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by chank
porky's in san leandro!
I heard they got bomb *** fried chicken too! I haven't had their pizza since grade school. I had a friend who used to work there when I was in high school.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
pleasure pizza in santa cruz.
don't know if they're still doing it, but they had 1 dollar slice of pizza on tuesdays. When I was younger we'd always go skim boarding or to the beach on tuesdays. slices would range from regular, to damn near 1/3 the pizza. and they got some sorta garlic powder or something if I remember correctly. anyways...yum.

edit: eek i just read on yelp that they closed =(

Last edited by yayitzian; 05-10-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
I heard they got bomb *** fried chicken too! I haven't had their pizza since grade school. I had a friend who used to work there when I was in high school.
yea they have hella good wings, pasta, and just everything. try the chicken garlic pizza with garlic sauce! yummm.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
I think Amicis is horrible. BJ's buffalo chicken pizza with no celery is the best joint around me. I think I am gonna take a ride and go check out Zacharys
Old 05-10-2009, 11:22 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
amicis or paridise
Old 05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Round Table Pizza

the end
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
Round Table Pizza

the end
I think I'll order some for lunch!

Quick Reply: Best pizza in the bay area?