Best pizza in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 AM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
i didn't think zachary's was that great. took forever to make and when we did get it i was like -__-

i really like the pizzas at BJ's Brewery houses and restaurants
Old 05-10-2009, 02:32 AM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
Yea!! the Great White @ BJs is awesome.

Windy City

Seniores
Old 05-10-2009, 02:44 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
pizza box ftw
Old 05-10-2009, 02:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx, 05 Elise, 14 Impreza, 17 brz coming soon
pizookie haha
Old 05-10-2009, 03:08 AM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Patxi's in Palo Alto for Chicago style. There's also one in The City.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Amici's
Man, I gotta say that place is the most overrated place I've ever been to.

Not only is it not all that, but it's expensive and the portions are small. I can eat a large as an appetizer.

I've always wanted to go to Zachary's, but have never had the chance. I didn't know they had one in Oakland, maybe I'll check it out sometime. Perhaps a meet there?

Perhaps next time I'm at Ryan's (ish) house I'll hit it up.

I, too prefer the the thick chewy crust... It doesn't even need to be that thick, just as long as it's nice and chewy.

In regards to huge chains, I have to say that round table's thick crust pizzas are the best. Pizza hut can suck a fat one and I don't really consider it pizza. Their weird pan crust pizza is like a greasy sponge. Blech!

Question, how do large chains become to be large chains if their food isn't even that great? There are soooo many crappy chains out there that its amazing that they even exist, let alone being large chains! I guess if you pump enough money into advertising and locations anything will work... Just look at Del Taco... I don't even consider their food edible. How anyone can eat their crap is beyond me.

Last edited by brucelee; 05-10-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:23 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
i didn't think zachary's was that great. took forever to make and when we did get it i was like -__-

i really like the pizzas at BJ's Brewery houses and restaurants
Oh crap! How could I have forgot BJ's pizza! They make some really killer pizza as well as GREAT appetizers and such. Their beer isn't bad either. Last time I was their I had their home brewed pumpkin ale, and I've had pumpkin ales before, but damn, it was like biting into a punpkin... lol, def different, but thats what I like about BJs. Too bad the one in Fremont is ALWAYS packed, the one in Cupertino has been there for a long time so its not always full, not anywhere near like Freakmont.

Perhaps a meet there too?

Mmmm, Im hungry for BJ's pizza
Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Speaking of BJ's, I usually get the buffalo chicken or the BBQ chicken during happy hour. My favorite chain is Round Table, only when they got that Artisan pizza. That or Strawhat Pizza (well...at least the one on Hayward on Industrial) or Papa John's. Sorry to get off topic since we're talking about the Bay Area's best pies.

Chicago style, I've only had Paxti's in Palo Alto and that's where I set my bar if I were to eat anywhere else. I wouldn't object to a meal there. Hrm, as far as slices go, I like Fat Slice in Berkeley. I prefer it over Blondie's. I'm in search of the KING OF KINGS when it comes to lip smackin', cracklin', thin crust pizza.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by fizay
maybe I had too many chemicals in my system when I was in Vegas, but Grimaldi's SUCKED! Personally, I found that little food place right next to the nightclub in the Bellagio one of the best spots to eat on the Strip. Good food, in and out, so you can get back to your craps game.
HAHA, I love that little place in Bellagio and the deli at the top too, nobody ever believes me when I tell 'em how good that is

Originally Posted by brucelee
In regards to huge chains, I have to say that round table's thick crust pizzas are the best
I agree that RT is the best of the big chains, but I no longer order the thick crust, since sometimes it's not even cooked. RT has QC problems.

Originally Posted by brucelee
Question, how do large chains become to be large chains if their food isn't even that great...
They often start off with something better, you mentioned Del Taco, when I was a kid they had a GREAT taco salad. It was very small, simply cooked and rocked, always had the freshest veggies. After work or school we'd cruise over to get a couple to go. It was too expensive though, for a chain, and they changed it and it was much less good after that.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 05-10-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:06 AM

+1 Vito's in Sunnyvale.

I can't say this for all Stuft Pizza but the one in Santa Clara on Homestead is excellent.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
I like amici's but it is very overpriced

I heard Pizza New York off stevens creek is really good but I've never been.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
cheeseboard in berkeley. its life changing good.

http://cheeseboardcollective.coop/Pi...PizzaPage.html

be prepared to wait in a long *** line, though it moves pretty quick. they have a 'sister' pizzeria in emeryville called arizmendi, i hear its also good, but i've never been to that one.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by turfshark
they have a 'sister' pizzeria in emeryville called arizmendi, i hear its also good, but i've never been to that one.
if you're talking about Arizmendi Bakery, i forgot all about them. if you want a healthy pizza, check out Arizmendi Bakery. not really pizzeria, but they make some kick *** vegetarian pizza. no choice of toppings, and different toppings everyday. here's there pizza menu for May: http://www.arizmendibakery.org/pizza
Old 05-10-2009, 02:41 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I order round table delivery quite often and I think it's pretty good. I've been asking for it well done lately and it's much better that way - it's not all floppy and the toppings stay on for each bite.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Car Info: .
Real pizza doesn't exist west of NJ.

Quick Reply: Best pizza in the bay area?