Old 05-09-2009, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Pizza Chicago in Palo Alto..
Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm going to have to subscribe to this for future reference
Old 05-09-2009, 11:05 PM

Zacharys you GOTTA get the deep dish tomato n cheese. Its amazing. 1 piece can fill some people up. You can add other stuff in there too, but dont get their just regular old normal style pizza.........although tasty the other is their specialty.

oh and wanted to add woodstocks bbq chicken is amazing, as well as their other pizzas. Especially since they deliver, also their dessert either a chocolate peanut butter filled pizza dealio or apples and cinnamon. I miss slo.

Blondies is cool in berk cause its cheap but their pizza is basically like eating a fresh dog **** on toast relative to zacharys

Last edited by slow04wrx; 05-09-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Just a random throw it out there, If you ever go to Antioch try Bella Pizza & Pasta on A st & 18th...
OMG, I've never even heard of this place....I do go to Antioch occasionally...I used to work just up the street from it and nobody ever even suggested it...it's got an excellent Yelp rating too....Thanks, I'd hit it now, but it's 11:30 pm

Went there for lunch today, I never even noticed it in the past, a shopping center that i really don't visit.

The pizza wasn't really bad but both Skippolini's and Aladino's (the one on Sunset) are better IMHO.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 05-10-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Giorgio’s Pizzeria
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Thank god for this thread, I LOVE pizza

I gotta try zacherys now

Pizza Chicago is another favorite of mine.

I like pizza my heart just cuz of the new York style size.

For a quick and cheap fix, there's costco pizza.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:16 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Since Blondie's was recommended you might also want to check out Fat Slice (on the same block, but across the street) in Berkeley. However, these places are more by-the-slice type pizza places.

I used to enjoy Stuft Pizza in Santa Clara (across from Santa Clara University) when I went to school down there. I am not fully certain how they are now as I haven't been there in forever, but they were good last time I was there.

Another favorite of mine was Pyzano's Pizzeria in Castro Valley.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
OMG, I've never even heard of this place....I do go to Antioch occasionally...I used to work just up the street from it and nobody ever even suggested it...it's got an excellent Yelp rating too....Thanks, I'd hit it now, but it's 11:30 pm
Please try it you wont be dissapointed. Talk to Davino, he's the owner. You can go wrong with just a regular pepparoni slice. They have a way of doing it with extra mozzeralla and toppings trust me.

Also try Cybelle's in the sco, it was my favorite for super late night pizza in SF.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
I enjoy Pizza Chicago...

One everyone likes, but I'm not that into is Patxi's...chicago deep dish pizza but they put TONS of mushrooms on all the pizzas I've eaten there...yuck

Also enjoy Vito's Pizza in Sunnyvale (NY style) and Stuffd pizza in Santa Clara
Old 05-10-2009, 01:01 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
zachary's is alright, im not a fan of deep dish pizza. im a dead thin crust fan though. last time i was at zachary's we had the waitress stare us down and give us a dirty *** look because we asked for an additional table to give us more room, she agreed to let us add it, then gave us a dirty look. Lol pshhhh....... dont be giving me looks on something you approved *****. other than that, yea the pizza was ok.

theres this one place in campbell i like too called The Garrett, regular style pizza but with a really crispy crust. its awesome.

i havent really had any pizza that knocked me on my *** yet though...... im a tough critic for pizza because i like a lot of them lol. cant choooose
Old 05-10-2009, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by rubaCU
I enjoy Pizza Chicago...

One everyone likes, but I'm not that into is Patxi's...chicago deep dish pizza but they put TONS of mushrooms on all the pizzas I've eaten there...yuck

Also enjoy Vito's Pizza in Sunnyvale (NY style) and Stuffd pizza in Santa Clara
+1 on Vito's. It is the best pizza in the bay area I've had thus far. I had some REAL pizza in NJ/NY last winter, and that was the best overall.

As for Chicago style pizza, I don't even consider it pizza - it's a casserole. While it CAN be good, as far as I'm concerned, if you need a fork and knife to eat it, pizza it ain't. Having said that, Pizza Chicago in Sunnyvale is good, and so is Windy City in San Mateo. I was NOT impressed by Zachary's (Oakland) at all - way too tomato-y (i.e. sour). By the 2nd slice, I wanted nothing more to do with it. It was almost unfortunate that I had leftovers. The best thing there was the Racer 5 beer.

Oh, and those that recommend Blondies, I hope you're not referring to that place in downtown SF. I was there once, and it was some of the WORST pizza I've ever had - it was like I was getting pizza from the school cafeterias.
________
Handjob japanese

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
zachary's is alright, im not a fan of deep dish pizza. im a dead thin crust fan though. last time i was at zachary's we had the waitress stare us down and give us a dirty *** look because we asked for an additional table to give us more room, she agreed to let us add it, then gave us a dirty look. Lol pshhhh....... dont be giving me looks on something you approved *****. other than that, yea the pizza was ok.

theres this one place in campbell i like too called The Garrett, regular style pizza but with a really crispy crust. its awesome.

i havent really had any pizza that knocked me on my *** yet though...... im a tough critic for pizza because i like a lot of them lol. cant choooose
Try Vito's in Sunnyvale. You can ask them to make it extra thin, i.e. they'll use the medium size dough to make a large. It's run by actual Sicilians who have been making pizza for quite some time - they know what they're doing. I really like just getting the cheese, but the combo is good too.

If you really want "knock you on your ***" pizza, go to New York or New Jersey. The crust is really what does it - their water gives it a unique flavor/texture. I've heard that a NY chain (Grimaldi's) has restaurants as far west as Las Vegas. They had a chemist duplicate the NY tap water, so theoretically, the pizza should taste the same.
________
Maxwell Automobile

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:56 AM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
maybe I had too many chemicals in my system when I was in Vegas, but Grimaldi's SUCKED! Personally, I found that little food place right next to the nightclub in the Bellagio one of the best spots to eat on the Strip. Good food, in and out, so you can get back to your craps game.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by kyoung05
Try Vito's in Sunnyvale. You can ask them to make it extra thin, i.e. they'll use the medium size dough to make a large. It's run by actual Sicilians who have been making pizza for quite some time - they know what they're doing. I really like just getting the cheese, but the combo is good too.

If you really want "knock you on your ***" pizza, go to New York or New Jersey. The crust is really what does it - their water gives it a unique flavor/texture. I've heard that a NY chain (Grimaldi's) has restaurants as far west as Las Vegas. They had a chemist duplicate the NY tap water, so theoretically, the pizza should taste the same.
yea im hoping to get some real authentic thin crust style pizza one day lol
Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I'm going to have to subscribe to this for future reference
have you ever hit up Gianni's Pizza on Lighthouse Ave in Monterey? it was recommended to me years ago by i-clubbers. went there, and i must say it was some good pizza! every time i'm in monterey i'll try to make it there and Monterey Fish House. sadly, i haven't been over there in years. i love Monterey.

as for San Francisco, my favorites are North Beach Pizza and Pasquale's on Irving St. i heard good things about Viva in North Beach, but I have yet to try them. also Golden Boy in North Beach is really good for a drunk pizza run.

+1 for Zachary's when you feel like a pizza pie.

Quick Reply: Best pizza in the bay area?