Best Munchie food/ best spots to get bomb grubb at!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy GT
Originally Posted by G_Ride
Vic's is only good as long as you have the orange sauce.
x2, their burrito/tacos are decent, the orange sauce makes everything there good!

FYI theres one in hayward on mission blvd.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:41 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
San Jose area:

Lily Mae's house of soul food(Kool-Aid on tap)
Bills Cafe(Great breakfast)
Bite of Wyoming(biscuits and gravy)
Vals (overall great diner)
Race street fish and poultry (mmmm seafood)
La Costa(good Mexican seafood)

Much more but too late, and can't remember anything else.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:48 AM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
the best philly cheesesteak ive ever had is in the city on 24th and valencia called phat philly they sell these weird snacks from the east coast called tasty cakes hella good.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
All la vics has going for them is their sauce.

Iguanas>La Vics, especially if you get their awesome carne asada fries.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Msn all this food talking is getting me hungry...
Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
- Los Gatos Cafe: awesome breakfast/brunch joint. small hole in the wall. cash only.
- Stacks: another breakfast/brunch place. located in campbell and burlingame (i think)
- Sugar Butter Flour: awesome bakery and crepes. located in campbell and sunnyvale
- pho saigon: open till 4am across the street from pho mai in milpitas. IMHO much better than pho mai.
- new luk yuen: chinese restaurant located in union city off dyer and alvarado blvd over by seafood city plaza. this place makes legit filipino silog plates and awesome chinese dishes.
- le moose crepes: i think its a korean joint. but they have both meat and dessert crepes. located off mowry in fremont
- orenchi: delish ramen over off homestead and lawrence expressway in sunnyvale. no explanation required.
- marianne's ice cream: some of the best ice creams i've ever had. located off ocean blvd in santa cruz.
- little lucca's: sandwich place located in SSF off el camino real right by eggettes. delish.
- Eggettes: they have several locations, but i only know of the one off el camino real. Really good milk teas, and soups, and eggettes... check up the old Wednesday nights SSF meets we used to have there.
- Honey Thai: delish thai food located in milpitas off milpitas blvd and calaveras. i highly recommend the "jun pad crab"
- Kenzo Sushi: located off snell in south SJ. awesome all you can eat sushi
- Sushi Infinity: located off The Alameda close to DTSJ. another good all you can eat place.
- Pho Kim Long: located off capitol avenue close to the milpitas border. some of the best pho i've ever had.
- Minato: located in Jtown-SJ. great bento boxes and decent sashimi
- Tony Roma: located in Union City (screw the one off Saratoga ave in SJ). awesome ribs and sauces

... thats alll i can think off the top of my head right now.... but damn i'm hungry.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:02 AM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by x002x
- Los Gatos Cafe: awesome breakfast/brunch joint. small hole in the wall. cash only.
- Stacks: another breakfast/brunch place. located in campbell and burlingame (i think)
- Sugar Butter Flour: awesome bakery and crepes. located in campbell and sunnyvale
- pho saigon: open till 4am across the street from pho mai in milpitas. IMHO much better than pho mai.
- new luk yuen: chinese restaurant located in union city off dyer and alvarado blvd over by seafood city plaza. this place makes legit filipino silog plates and awesome chinese dishes.
- le moose crepes: i think its a korean joint. but they have both meat and dessert crepes. located off mowry in fremont
- orenchi: delish ramen over off homestead and lawrence expressway in sunnyvale. no explanation required.
- marianne's ice cream: some of the best ice creams i've ever had. located off ocean blvd in santa cruz.
- little lucca's: sandwich place located in SSF off el camino real right by eggettes. delish.
- Eggettes: they have several locations, but i only know of the one off el camino real. Really good milk teas, and soups, and eggettes... check up the old Wednesday nights SSF meets we used to have there.
- Honey Thai: delish thai food located in milpitas off milpitas blvd and calaveras. i highly recommend the "jun pad crab"
- Kenzo Sushi: located off snell in south SJ. awesome all you can eat sushi
- Sushi Infinity: located off The Alameda close to DTSJ. another good all you can eat place.
- Pho Kim Long: located off capitol avenue close to the milpitas border. some of the best pho i've ever had.
- Minato: located in Jtown-SJ. great bento boxes and decent sashimi
- Tony Roma: located in Union City (screw the one off Saratoga ave in SJ). awesome ribs and sauces

... thats alll i can think off the top of my head right now.... but damn i'm hungry.
if you like little luca's try Lou's cafe on 17th? and geary near park presidio in SF. its like 10 times better then little luca's. Theres a place called baldo's in fairfield off west texas road which has bomb carne asada fries and i believe the place is 24 hours.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:10 AM

Car Info: Type 53
Originally Posted by sammae01
San Jose area:

Lily Mae's house of soul food(Kool-Aid on tap)
Bills Cafe(Great breakfast)
Bite of Wyoming(biscuits and gravy)
Vals (overall great diner)
Race street fish and poultry (mmmm seafood)
La Costa(good Mexican seafood)

Much more but too late, and can't remember anything else.
I can definitely vouch for Bite of Wyoming, La Costa (They're on the same street: Alum Rock), and especially Race Street fish and poultry.

If anyone likes thai food, definitely give Thai Town a try, it's in Milpitas. Their garlic chicken wings are the best.

A lot of the places here sound damn good, could you guys post hours they close though, I also like how some posts say what the place is known for(ie:breakfast,dinner) that helps get a feel of what time.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Half Moon Bay Safeway....

Only thing open for us at night.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
LoL..... Thought there was a TacoBell somewhere on the beach down there...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:33 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Lowend
Oh - than you want The Mini Gourmet on Bascom & Moorpark
BY FAR the best late night place in the South Bay.
24-hours; they have pie and a French Toast that's made using melted ice cream instead of milk
Mini Gourmet is awesome. Love their breakfast menu. It seems like all the food there is cooked in buttery deliciousness.