Best MMA Fight ever?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Originally Posted by rau
no one has mentioned Frank Shamrock v. Cung Le yet.......
It was really fun to watch cung kick is *** in striking all day long!!! But for me, I think the best fights are even matches.. I think Shamrock only tried to take him down once. He tried to prove that he beat cung at his own game and got pwned!!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Yeah i would have liked the fight more if Cung had shown some willingness to go to the ground with Frank.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
The pulver vs. faber fight was epic as well.
Ray, also from that night, the Torres v. Maeda bantamweight title fight. Maeda show mounds of toughness before stoppage btwn Rounds 3 & 4, just like Jens showed through all 5 rounds of his match.

Definitely concur w/ y'all on... Fedor-CroCop, Griffin-Bonner I, Pulver-Faber, & the exchange btwn Frye & Takayama (masterful hockey-punching, as verc put it)

But thumbs down to Anderson Silva fights since they're so one-sided. They're great for watching 'The Spider' put on one clinic after another, but that's it.

Now if I had to post my all-time fave, this would be it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0YDuSLXcX8
Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I think I might have to go with Daniel on the Fedor-CroCop fight.
Gomi Takanori vs. Kawajiri Tatsuya was pretty damn good, too, as was Gomi vs. Mach Sakurai.

But as for best submission ever, I gotta tell people to stop nutriding Anderson Silva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5B6xBZiX8

Last edited by Choku Dori; 10-03-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by Elsyd
Yeah i would have liked the fight more if Cung had shown some willingness to go to the ground with Frank.
Cung has pretty mad ground skills too. I've seen him roll with BJJ black belts and didn't do too bad.

I will venture a guess Frank's original gameplan was "alright I'll strike with you and then if things don't work I'll take you down", but he abandoned it when Cung proved not that easy to take down. Frank has a lot of pride, he's rather keep getting beat up standing than risk failing at a couple more takedowns and look embarrassing.

Frank's never been KNOWN for good takedowns anyways. Don't forget that Cung is the best kind of striker - a guy with a wrestling base who resists getting taken down and also can maneuver on the ground, thus he has no fear of just letting the strikes go. Miguel Torres is one of these kinds of guys too.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:54 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Roger Huerta vs Clay Guida was an intense fight. The Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock match was boring in comparison.

Full fight video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=26501111

Last edited by Lurk; 10-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20081...5CAF250FA3C3DB

Exclusive: Shamrock Injured, Tonight's Main Event Off

MMARated.com has learned from several very reliable sources that Ken Shamrock sustained a cut above his eye in the last 24 hours while training and WILL NOT be fighting in tonight's main event bout against Kimbo Slice.

EliteXC officials are scrambling to find a last minute replacement for Shamrock. Amazingly, we have heard that Shamrock's brother, Frank, who is calling the event for CBS, offered to step in at the last minute but is ultimately not fighting. EliteXC has offered Slice a last-minute replacement in the form of Seth Petruzelli. Petruzelli was scheduled to fight Aaron Rosa tonight.

As of right now, Kimbo has yet to officially accept the fight.

More as we hear it.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:00 PM

Car Info: ...
Originally Posted by Rescuer

Exclusive: Shamrock Injured, Tonight's Main Event Off

MMARated.com has learned from several very reliable sources that Ken Shamrock sustained a cut above his eye in the last 24 hours while training and WILL NOT be fighting in tonight's main event bout against Kimbo Slice.

EliteXC officials are scrambling to find a last minute replacement for Shamrock. Amazingly, we have heard that Shamrock's brother, Frank, who is calling the event for CBS, offered to step in at the last minute but is ultimately not fighting. EliteXC has offered Slice a last-minute replacement in the form of Seth Petruzelli. Petruzelli was scheduled to fight Aaron Rosa tonight.

As of right now, Kimbo has yet to officially accept the fight.

More as we hear it.
lets hope the doctor allow ken to fight tonight
Old 10-04-2008, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 92 Paseo with spinaz, 2011 tooth white wrx
Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn II. I remember it hurting while watching it. BTW thank God Shamrock isn't fighting. Even though Kimbo isn't technical he would have absolutely destroyed Shamrock. It'll be like a garbage disposal and a curious retarded kid.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:19 PM

probably a good thing for Ken not to fight, because he would've gotten owned.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:22 PM

Car Info: ...
but it would be bad for elite xc if they canceled their main event, unless they got someone ready to substitute for ken
Old 10-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX

EliteXC officials are scrambling to find a last minute replacement for Shamrock. Amazingly, we have heard that Shamrock's brother, Frank, who is calling the event for CBS, offered to step in at the last minute but is ultimately not fighting.
Yeah if i were EliteXC i wouldnt want Frank Shamrock Fighting my paper weight money maker either.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by 04_4eat_WRX
but it would be bad for elite xc if they canceled their main event, unless they got someone ready to substitute for ken
Final Update: Kimbo Slice VS. Seth Petruzelli tonight. 100%.

Update #3: Ken Shamrock has left the arena. He is not fighting tonight.

UPDATE #2: They skipped the Petruzelli vs. Rosa fight. This might mean that Petruzelli is replacing Shamrock after all.

UPDATE: We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions. Stay tuned...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
pshhh yall need to check out roger huerta vs clay guida.....now thats an even fight!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 92 Paseo with spinaz, 2011 tooth white wrx
Final Update: Kimbo Slice VS. Seth Petruzelli tonight. 100%.

Update #3: Ken Shamrock has left the arena. He is not fighting tonight.

UPDATE #2: They skipped the Petruzelli vs. Rosa fight. This might mean that Petruzelli is replacing Shamrock after all.

UPDATE: We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions. Stay tuned...
I could be waaay off base here but, Shamrock better have pictures of the cut or I call shens. I think this was all publicity. Frank Shamrock won't just volunteer to fight without training hahaha. I don't care if you are the greatest mma fighter of all time; unless you are (washed up) Tank Abbot no one with a name will just up and volunteer, there's too much at stake. I think this was a setup by the Shamrocks to pressure Kimbo to fight a good fighter. Let Kimbo think he's fighting grandpa Ken lure him close to the fight date then call him a wuss for not fighting Frank.

Quick Reply: Best MMA Fight ever?