Best invention ever? I think so...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Exclamation Best invention ever? I think so...

Ok, maybe not the best invention ever but it comes damn close to the best thing to happen to sandwiches since sliced bread! I had one when I was a kid and recently found one for sale at Walmart for around $10 on sale... It makes the most simple sandwich into something AMAZING!!!

It's called the "Toastmaster Snackster" and it's kicking *** and taking names while chewing bubble gum! I highly recommend it, it will turn your basic *** sandwich into something magical... Almost if these units were created on an assembly line manned by unicorns who drink nothing other than orphan tears. That's how great it is. They are cheap and rock!!!

It's kind of like a George Foreman grill where it has a heating element on both top and bottom, but it's different... It heats/cooks your sandwich while compressing the bread all while toasting and gives you a perfectly sealed hot pocket of sandwich LOVE. You have NEVER had a grilled cheese sandwich that tasted better than this, EVER.

My basic recipe is: Regular white bread, two slices of medium cheddar cheese, and a few slices of turkey. Put it into the press, let it sit for about 3-5 mins and you have an AMAZING sandwich that not only tastes a lot better than other sandwiches, bit the way it compresses the bread and seals it along the crust makes it THAT MUCH BETTER.

How many of you had this type of thing when you were a kid? I was so happy when I found it at Walmart (I was buying ammo and stumbled upon it). I've been overdoing it a bit, I'm like a sandwich junky right now, lol

Last edited by brucelee; 11-10-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
It basically turns your sandwich into a "hot pocket". The first time I used one was 5 years ago on a trip to Hong Kong. I didn't know it was also in the states!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
this makes me wanna go get my panini press that ive been wanting for oh so long now. but for $10, i might have to grab this!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by CharT
It basically turns your sandwich into a "hot pocket". The first time I used one was 5 years ago on a trip to Hong Kong. I didn't know it was also in the states!
Oh hell yeah... When my family and I first came to the USA we had one of these... We were really poor and this thing would make the most basic sandwich into something really good. This was back in 1989 or so, obviously we didn't hold on to it for 20 years. I didn't think they even existed anymore until I saw the unit for sale at Walmart, and for $10!!! I was sooooo happy, I should have bought two of them when I was there.

Right now I'm eating a sliced turkey with medium cheddar "sandwich-hotpocket". You can even use stale bread, it doesn't matter since it compresses the bread and toasts it... All the cheese I put inside oozes out as I bit into the hot delicious pocket of sandwich love. Mmmmmmm...

Dammit, I ran out of bread and cheese so it looks like I'm only eating one of them today! Usually I eat like 5, lol. I gotta go to safeway and get some more fuel for the snackster.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by RLLYRCR
this makes me wanna go get my panini press that ive been wanting for oh so long now. but for $10, i might have to grab this!
We have a Panini (Panini literally translates into "sandwich" in Italian, I have no idea why we associate toasted sandwiches with the word "Panini". We even have a super high end panini press, but that thing doesn't hold a candle next to the Snackster. The Snackster is not only fast as hell, but it seals in the contents of your sandwich for a pocket-like sandwich hybrid.

I don't know how much they cost at Walmart, or if they even carry them anymore, but I got mine almost a year ago and forgot about it until about a week ago, since then I've been binging on sandwiches. :-D

(It's also non-stick, very easy to clean, and warms up in a matter of mins. Once warmed up, a sandwich (it makes two at a time) can be done within 3 mins. You can open the lid while cooking to get your desired result).

I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
dude. i had one of those in college. circa 1990. its amazing how long a block of cheese (or american slices) and a loaf of bread will go. pick you meat of choice and go nuts. in the right hands this thing can pump out some crazy god stuff. try a pb&j in there....

josh
Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 2009 WRB WRX Sedan
Ill have to try this haha. Ive used the one from kmart that just grilles it and has not ridges. I like the whole "hot pocket" deal though. Maybe i will pick one up this weekend haha.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Not exactly a new invention.

But the sight of one brings back childhood memories. More than 15 years ago, I remember my parents and grandma making me cheese sandwiches with this, and the simplicity of 4 slices of bread with 2 slices of American cheese was so satisfying.

Dam you, I'm craving a cheese sammich now!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Not exactly a new invention.
Yeah, did you miss the part where Josh and I talked about having this thing in the late 80's and early 90's? I thought they went the way of the dinosaur, I was very surprised to see it and for $10 to boot!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Confession: I have one and use it
Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
My mom had one of these when I was a kid...
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
i saw/used one of these for the first time a few weeks ago at my friend's house and i was very impressed. i think i said something along the lines of, "dude this thing is sooo sick"

we actually used it for a bagel with cream cheese, pesto, ham and some cheese. could barely lock the lid shut haha.

but anyways, great invention. i still need to get myself one of these.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
This and the George Foreman grill were the must have items when i was a kid. Now that I've learned how to cook this stuff is just extra junk in the kitchen.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I had one in college. Good stuff. The wife and I were actually reminiscing about this LAST NIGHT! Funny that you brought it up Dan.

-Brian
Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

it cooks eggs really fast and easy too...

Quick Reply: Best invention ever? I think so...