Best HAMBURGERS in the Bay Area (sequel to pizza thread :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Best burger... So far my favorite burger is at Bill's Place in the Richmond between 24th and 25th on Clement. They grind their beef every morning, and cut the fries from potatoes. Not always "perfect" just like home cooked, but I have had the best burgers there...

Next is Holy Grill on Townsend between 7th and 8th AMAZING burger and fries, I got the bacon/guac burger with fries and literally could not think about anything else all day.

Magnolia in the Haight used to make an amazing burger, but each time I get it, it's smaller, more expensive and comes with less things. Haven't been there in a while since their beer is cheaper down the street at Toronado. Yes that is correct, the beer is more expensive where it's made...

Then there's places like The Monk's Kettle (AMAZING beer selection BTW) in the Mission, and 21st Amendment on 2nd between Bryant and Brannan - both of which make an awesome burger, but you are charged for every item. For example, a burger at the Kettle is around $9 but if you get bacon, cheese, onions, basically everything it comes out to over $15 if I remember right. This is for a burger remember.

Marvin Gardens in Belmont makes a kickass burger and their fries RULE and they have Racer5 on tap, and I can ride my bike there - all wins for me. I really like the burgers at Ausiello's in Belmont too, tho they use frozen and not gourmet by any means but they are GOOD, cooked over fire, and they have the most amazing condiment bar I have seen yet.

I cannot believe that McDonald's burgers are on here. I mean, there is **** in the meat. It tastes like old, stale beef. Last one I had (someone bought me 2x cheeseburgers) I threw up after about 10 minutes of feeling sick. I don't get it.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
One vote for Kirk's Burger.
I didn't know there were multiples of this, thought there was only the Kirk's Steakburgers over off 85/De Anza which recently closed down.

I have heard great things about Clarke's in Mountain View and been there 3x. It was good, but nothing I would really rave about.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Originally Posted by JasaJin
I as well ground up my own meat when ever I go to BBQs, just ask Bryan(*****), Jen(Gibz) and Aaron(international B) how my burgers are

Guess I should say before any sick talk starts, i'm a meat cutter.
If Jason had a burger shack... He'd be a billionaire!!

-bryan

Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Jason, invite me over next time!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Best burger... So far my favorite burger is at Bill's Place in the Richmond between 24th and 25th on Clement. They grind their beef every morning, and cut the fries from potatoes. Not always "perfect" just like home cooked, but I have had the best burgers there...

Next is Holy Grill on Townsend between 7th and 8th AMAZING burger and fries, I got the bacon/guac burger with fries and literally could not think about anything else all day.

Magnolia in the Haight used to make an amazing burger, but each time I get it, it's smaller, more expensive and comes with less things. Haven't been there in a while since their beer is cheaper down the street at Toronado. Yes that is correct, the beer is more expensive where it's made...

Then there's places like The Monk's Kettle (AMAZING beer selection BTW) in the Mission, and 21st Amendment on 2nd between Bryant and Brannan - both of which make an awesome burger, but you are charged for every item. For example, a burger at the Kettle is around $9 but if you get bacon, cheese, onions, basically everything it comes out to over $15 if I remember right. This is for a burger remember.

Marvin Gardens in Belmont makes a kickass burger and their fries RULE and they have Racer5 on tap, and I can ride my bike there - all wins for me. I really like the burgers at Ausiello's in Belmont too, tho they use frozen and not gourmet by any means but they are GOOD, cooked over fire, and they have the most amazing condiment bar I have seen yet.

I cannot believe that McDonald's burgers are on here. I mean, there is **** in the meat. It tastes like old, stale beef. Last one I had (someone bought me 2x cheeseburgers) I threw up after about 10 minutes of feeling sick. I don't get it.
YESSS!!! i was raised on 16th ave and i have eaten at bills places maybe 200 times in my life...i have not had anything on the menu that was bad...and ive probably had ever single thing...onion rings are #1

and yeah tony's cable car was probably my number two burger because i went to school by there...

in santa cruz - betty's burger on seabright
Old 05-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
Like its been said VAL'S papa burger rocks!!!!! also sam's bugers in hayward off hesperian near kenedy park? is good too!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

emil villa's in hayward.

get the ULTIMATE BURGER with red sauce...
Old 05-15-2009, 04:35 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
val's is aightttt. i only went there once and i guess i wasnt happy cause they accepted cash only so i had to go across the street and use the liquor store atm and they charged like a 2 dollar cash withdrawal fee! good mushrooms. kind of expensive. the shake for sure was bomb though.

ding ding ding...

plus when i went there a few times, the waitresses werent too friendly...

so i have sworn off vals...
Old 05-15-2009, 06:01 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
out of the chain spots, i like red robin & johnny rocket's.

fatburger is my all time favorite burger joint. they have a couple spots up here un redwood city & dublin/pleasanton, but that's too dang far a drive for a burger.

i'm really indifferent when it comes to in n out.....literally. when i eat their burgers, i don't hate em or like em. they just leave me w/an.....'ehh, ok i ate something' feeling. i can't stand their fries tho...all wrinkled, limp, & tasteless.

i miss an old hole in the wall spot called, 'almost heaven,' that used to be on 6th & clement in sf. their baka burger (basically a teriyaki burger) was great....had grubbin teri chicken sandwiches too (diced chix not a filet)
Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
Mephis minis on Haight in the city
Old 05-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon (RIP)
+1 for Val's in Hayward.

Mo's in North Beach is really good too.

My current favorite though is Gamine on Union St. Hands down the best burger I've had in a long time. You have to be in a mood for a fancy burger though. I like mine with Gruyere and a fried egg.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Jeffreys in San Mateo.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX
Clarke's in Mountain View. They don't fry their burgers, they bar-b-que them inside. And the assortment of toppings they offer make it pleasurable.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 04subaruwrx
Jeffreys in San Mateo.
+1 for Jeffrey's in SM.
Also Rave Burger on 3rd Ave. . Great owner, great burgers and meat, home made chips.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by 2cam16
+1 for Jeffrey's in SM.
Also Rave Burger on 3rd Ave. . Great owner, great burgers and meat, home made chips.
You guys should really give Jack's Prime on S. El Camino a try. The sweet potato fries there are pretty bomb. They serve beer and their shakes are pretty solid.

Quick Reply: Best HAMBURGERS in the Bay Area (sequel to pizza thread :)