Bear Creek - in Concord

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 12:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx, 05 Elise, 14 Impreza, 17 brz coming soon
Bear Creek - in Concord

has anyone been up this place? I heard it was a pretty good backroad to do some twisty driving on.. planning on going tomorrow night or day after tomorrow night. Does anyone have any experience on it? I was just wondering how it was. Any info on this place would be very helpful before going there..
Anyone know how it compares with Calaveras or Palomares (only roads ive been on) I'll probably post again after I come back to give some feeback.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:38 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey

yes.. it is a nice twisty road. BUT...

be VERY careful. there area ton of bikers, and many sheriff on this road. it is not in concord, but really more connects orinda/martinez. there are many roads connecting from lafayette, pleasant hill, etc. it is boring compared to berkeley hills or mt hammy, but has its moment. but there are a TON of cyclist, and many EBRP police and sheriff. Canyon area near moraga is much less patroled, but still riden by cyclist.

anyway, just be careful. a ticket, or worse...taking a life just isn't worth it (especially your own).

josh
Old 09-09-2004, 12:51 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
I thought bear creek is a snowboard place(in winter...haha), they always have great parks

alan
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by josh
(especially your own).

josh
im personally worried about others... if i kill myself i did good.. better then paralizing myself or vegeN my life or someone eles

haha
edgar,
Old 09-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I don't know about it not being as good as these other roads, its just really really fast sweepers mainly.

I've been in the big turn at 170mph a few times (in a fast car).
Old 09-09-2004, 09:12 AM

Car Info: '12 STI
A long time ago I met this guy in a black E36 M3 that had hella money put into it, he said that he was the fastest person on that road and that stg4 WRX's couldnt touch him. Anybody know him?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx, 05 Elise, 14 Impreza, 17 brz coming soon
thanks all, Ill see how it goes.. probably going at about midnight with some other people who invited me that are from that area and always go. Think Im going with a moded evo, 300zx, 85?or95? corolla, some fwd hondas, and dunno the other cars. When I responded that i was down to go..i guess some of them took it as a "threat" lol... so i guess now some of them are gonna show me and davon how "superior" they are.. oh boy. i dunno. anyways.. yea just gonna go have some (safe=p) fun.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
watch out for the light gravel on the edges of the road, the cops have it put there...

and just stay on the gas!!!

Last edited by Group B; 09-09-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:37 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX
Cool

Originally Posted by ubercaff
A long time ago I met this guy in a black E36 M3 that had hella money put into it, he said that he was the fastest person on that road and that stg4 WRX's couldnt touch him. Anybody know him?
I would of eaten this fool alive if I still had my race prepped brand x car (Mustang). I have ran this road about as fast as is possible. It's got some fast sweepers...Major triple digit speeds...Be careful to anyone running this road as there is gravel every now and then eroding from the dirt embankments. And yes there are cops out there. So either go plateless and don't stop or be prepared for the possibility of a ticket.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by se0ul
thanks all, Ill see how it goes.. probably going at about midnight with some other people who invited me that are from that area and always go. Think Im going with a moded evo, 300zx, 85?or95? corolla, some fwd hondas, and dunno the other cars. When I responded that i was down to go..i guess some of them took it as a "threat" lol... so i guess now some of them are gonna show me and davon how "superior" they are.. oh boy. i dunno. anyways.. yea just gonna go have some (safe=p) fun.
Please do yourself and everyone a favor and not try to keep up with Davon or the EVO.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:39 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by ubercaff

After my VF34 goes in and get's tuned I would LOVE to know this supposed E36 M3 time just so that I can beat it by minutes.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
fast sweepers + midnight + n00bs to the road =

edgar,,
Old 09-09-2004, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
fast sweepers + midnight + n00bs to the road =

edgar,,

I agree with you. Hopefully there will be a lead car that knows the road. Too bad I can't make it out there, I have work hella early in the morning. It's always good to have a lead car or bike that knows the road. Remember guys 75% of driving a windy road at speed is the driver.....only about 25% is the car. So please be careful.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Best short cut in the back bay. Cuts lots of time off 80 heading east towards Sac or Antioch from Berkeley. Not too many cops that i've ever seen. Midnight is better for avoiding cyclists. Its a good test road for high speed cornering. Pavement is fairly consistent except a few places on the sweeping corners where there small potholes.
Just watch out for the Rising Suns. I hear they run that area.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
OH, turns out I'll be out there tonight around 1230 or 1. Maybe see you out there=)

Quick Reply: Bear Creek - in Concord