Bay Area zero tolerance for modified cars...... (reffed last night)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
once my car is up, i am just going stock.

not worth the hassle especially since i never track it or rallyx it anymore.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
These threads are pointless unless you all get togther and do something. CALL 7 ON YOUR SIDE!!!!

Writing a ref ticket without a ref is abuse of the system. Doesnt matter if your legal or not.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Originally Posted by Lboogie
P.S. - We should have a sticky on the main BAIC page with like a google map where you can pinpoint where you got pinched and add it. How say you nerds, doable?
I am working on such a map and have it uploaded. Just need to finish it off tonight.

I wanan see what areas and by what officer. Thats going to show allot
Old 10-02-2008, 01:27 PM

this is bull**** man. OUR TAX DOLLARS ARE NOT MEANT FOR THIS ****.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Do they every tag people for "modified suspension"? Or is their excuse "modified emissions" and therefore suspension doesn't fit the bill?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:00 PM

Car Info: DGM 14 BRZ
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
Do they every tag people for "modified suspension"? Or is their excuse "modified emissions" and therefore suspension doesn't fit the bill?

there is no CSRB suspension resource board its not illegal to mod your suspension within vehicle code bound's, but there is the CARB and there are emissions laws just like traffic laws and conduct laws that we are supposed to adhere to,it just so happens its during a budget crisis,and a plague of ever growing fart canned hondas racing around parking lots and doing 110 mph flybys in school zones wich add's to the stigma on our cars. thats why suspensions mods go unnoticed and soobie drivers are getting popped.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by tonuprocker
there is no CSRB suspension resource board its not illegal to mod your suspension within vehicle code bound's, but there is the CARB and there are emissions laws just like traffic laws and conduct laws that we are supposed to adhere to,it just so happens its during a budget crisis,and a plague of ever growing fart canned hondas racing around parking lots and doing 110 mph flybys in school zones wich add's to the stigma on our cars. thats why suspensions mods go unnoticed and soobie drivers are getting popped.
they will ticket you if you are under a certain ride height, i think its like 22" from ground to headlight...
Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Well I clipped my wing off again and got all the holes covered up. Not sure it is going to do too much. Nice thing about having my APR Rear Diffuser is that you cannot see my exhaust from the side, you have to be directly behind me in order to see it. And when you do see it is not too big, just pretty loud, but if i know a cop is behind me or around me I tend to grany shift it anyways. So good luck to all those that have been busted lately, hope this stops sometime soon.

Also yes it is happening to Domestics as well but I am sure it is a 4 to 1 ratio compared to Imports in General

I say we do get the media to come out and listen to our stories though. I am tired of Drunks driving around and other nicer cars like Audi's, Benzo's and Merc's driving Recklessly fast with their CHP 11-99 Fund Plates and not getting any attention from the popo

-Gio
Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Originally Posted by rau
they will ticket you if you are under a certain ride height, i think its like 22" from ground to headlight...
I thought the body of the car had to be higher then the rim on the car. i think my headlight bottom is about that and I am only dropped like an inch or so in the front of my 04 STi, hmmmmm. Better make sure about that one

-Gio
Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 PM

Car Info: DGM 14 BRZ
Originally Posted by rau

note: i said within the vehicle code bounds,also for being lifted to high those gigantic manhood compensator trucks are full of violations.

east bay: i noticed a big difference when i put my winged trunk in storage,alot less neg attention.

im with ya on the 11-99 thing,total BS

Last edited by tonuprocker; 10-02-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
So they are pulling people over in the South Bay, East Bay and San Francisco? Luckily I dont have to drive a whole lot anymore, but I am now hesitant to take her for a drive on Sundays...when will it end?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Whenever I see the fuzz I coast in neutral or shift at 2K rpms. I also try to sit up straight and have both hands on the wheel
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
you sj ppl have it harsh man. and the CIty ppl.

Easty bay is kidna quiet. KNOCK ON WOOD X 24972985098324527413

i got pulled over for 53 on a 35 and he told me my exhaust was illegal but wont ticket me for it. i just played dumb.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i always thought the East Bay had it bad.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Car Info: '04 WRB STi Stage 2
i printed out the rule book law on modified exhaust so if a cop asks, i will show him that, and i highlighted everything that is important. such as we are allowed to have modified exhaust if it's under 95 db and we have proof of that, so i also printed out straight from Cobb's website, that the cobb exhaust is indeed meeting the states required decibel limit, and also retains a stock look as to not draw attention to other "street racers".

they can't just throw the rulebook out the window as they see fit, they are not above the law, hell, to me, they are pieces of . yannoe.

Quick Reply: Bay Area zero tolerance for modified cars...... (reffed last night)