Bay Area zero tolerance for modified cars...... (reffed last night)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
What if we put a Harley muffler on our Subies??!!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
I feel your pain, I got tint and no front plate 4 weeks ago on 280n in about your area from sf to sj on my long a** commute home after work. On Friday I got another ticket for my exhaust, its kinda loude though, a greddy ti-c. This was not a fix it and I played it real nice with the CHP and he decided not to send me to the ref.

I just ordered a cobb cbe today, I hope its tame enough, i guess with a catted dp its around 90dec. thats 5dec. under the law.

be careful out their they want us to all be driving Cammeries
Old 09-29-2008, 04:55 PM
DTM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STI
Yeah, the whole thing is definitely way out of hand at this point, the best part of it is, these cops go home, laugh about who they taged during the day, and will never experience the frustration that all of us regulars feel. My dream job would be a job, where you monitor and scold cops all day, HEY! DONT DO THAT! THATS IGNORANT!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:06 PM

I think that makes me so mad is that i see more guys in g35's, m3/5, and merced., trying to race me then other imports, exspecially on 280. Yet its always us taking the heat for a few reckless people.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
people, instead of talking about it, we should do something about it. i am not talking about fighting a ticket or two. i am talking about fighting the system that is making this mess for all of us. how can we get ref tickets when the refs are closed which means we only need to pay the tickets. the system is made in a way to steal our money. we are tax paying citizens and we vote and have rights. is this even America? what happened to our rights? America is fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan for our freedom, yet it seems we have very little here at home. Total BS.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
^ something that is gonna be hard for us to do lol. the problem is the people that race, it gives r cars bad names! and why don't vetts or stangs ever get reffed
Old 09-29-2008, 05:19 PM

The biggest thing is that its all so confusing.

For Example: the law about exhaust says you cant change it to make it louder, but you can change it as long as its below 95dec, and if you do change it your car has to be over something like 50k or have a reason to change it.
And thats just the part i kinda understand, so each cops has a different interpretation of that law and charges us with a different part, its all such a mess and not in our favor.....
You cant fight without money and a lawyer
Old 09-29-2008, 05:21 PM

we get it the worst cause Fast and The Ferious sucked and Bullet was such a good movie. Maybe if we had a cooler movie.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
Originally Posted by STiyLish WRX
ive gotten 3 tickets in the last 4 days here in SF.

-tints on my STI
-tints on my integra
Yeah, i just got the courtesy notice for me window tint on 80 by ranch99. $150 non-correctable. WooHoo. Not even limo tint... But i guess i deserved it. I committed a "tint" crime and broke the law.

Originally Posted by ptownBob
what about harleys? anyone notice if any of them are getting pulled over?
loud pipes don't always save lives. I was struck by a Jeep when i was on my R6. The guy stated "i heard him, but i didn't see him... it's not my fault.." ... **** that guy!

Originally Posted by owencalouro
I feel your pain, I got tint and no front plate 4 weeks ago on 280n in about your area...
Yup. The CHP also looked to the front of my car for plates. Lucky i screwed it into my plastic a while back

Originally Posted by owencalouro
we get it the worst cause Fast and The Ferious ...
new one coming in 09...
Old 09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
DTM

It'd be great to get something like that going with at least a few hundred people but, at the same time, no matter what, it all comes down to time and money, which is just what they want from us
Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM
DTM

And the main car in fast and furious 4 happens to be a veilside 08' STI

BETTER HOPE THEY REP US WELL!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
Originally Posted by DTM
It'd be great to get something like that going with at least a few hundred people but, at the same time, no matter what, it all comes down to time and money, which is just what they want from us
Yup.. that is true...

Them (cops, court, etc) => lots of time, taking our money

Us (criminals) => no time, cuz we're trying to make money
Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM

A few months back a cop asked my y I needed such a loud exhaust? I told him I have lots of cats and dogs on my street and i am afraid I wold hit them if my car was 2 quiet. He laughed
Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 2006 San Remo Red WRX
isn't there a SEMA organization that protects the rights of modifying your car? If not, isn't there something against profiling? Tell the damn hot rods to put smog legal exhaust on their cars and leave us alone.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by DTM
I got reffed for JUST the exhaust, he knew I had an intake but didn't give me any crap for it, and yeah, I got the ref in San Jose, then got pulled over in mountain view dropping a friend off, then got pulled over coming back to my house in Foster City from 10pm - 1:30am

I promise you, the exhaust is quiet compared to most!
damn, I've been driving Mountain View for almost 3 years with my RS with wing/wheels/mudflaps etc and have never been pulled over for anything but 1 speeding. Ive been followed probably 5 times, and passed right in front of cops probably 100 times at least. Maybe it's cuz most know im a resident seeing me all the time so they dont mess with me, especially since i dont speed anymore ever since gas hapened haha.

where in MV and was it MVPD or CHP?

and i have a silenced Borla, the MV cop let me off with a fix it for that instead of my 50 in 35 El Camino.

Quick Reply: Bay Area zero tolerance for modified cars...... (reffed last night)