BAY AREA sighting post here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 06:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L sedan. USED TO BE a 2004 WRX sedan.
Last Friday (5/6) in SF near Golden Gate Park on Lincoln Ave and 30th(?)...came up on a REALLY clean, red '05 sedan with a sik-sounding exhaust, rims (forgot what kind), STi lip(?), and lots of stickers down the driver's door. NICE car, man! You on here?

Yesterday (5/11) in Morgan Hill at the Fox Racing office. You pulled up in a silver 05 wagon that looked completely stock, except for tint. I was the girl that walked in the office behind you and said, "Nice Suby." You kinda looked at me cross-eyed. Not sure if you saw it, but I have a black 04 sedan that was in the parking lot.

Yesterday (5/11) in Morgan Hill...a young kid was pulling out of the Target parking lot (Cochrane and Sutter) in a silver STi. Looked stock, but you returned the wave.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:48 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by digby
That was me. It really sucked.

Some lady driving a red jetta decided to swap over 3 lanes to try and make the guadalupe exit. I was in the slow lane and the right front of her car hit the left rear wheel of my car, causing me to spin across 4 lanes of oncoming cars and slam into the center divider at 65mph.

The best part?

She took off after hitting me. So if you see a red jetta with blue paint on the right front corner, call the cops.

I have literally one scratch on me, thats it, incredibly lucky if I think about it, but my wrx is dead. The trannys leaking, the oilpan/engines leaking, 3+ postivie camber on the rear wheel, bunch of other stuff. Also, those were advan rcII's. I'm glad its summer, cuz I'm going to be riding my bike to work till I get another car.
Wow, that's what I call a horrible commute! Glad to hear you're alright. Will you be replacing the WRX with another one?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:38 AM

Car Info: '05 CGM WRX Wagon
Yesterday, 5/11, saw a brand spanking new PSM '05 WRX going up claremont ave in berkeley, then proceded to have a mini tailgating session =). I was in the lowered '05 CGM WRX wagon.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 03wrx =]
saw a silver forester on mount hamilton yesterday around 12 in the afternoon.
man, you were hauling *** around those corners
Old 05-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Car Info: a 2.5RS not an 04PSMWRX
saw that old guy driving around 880N windows down in his psm STi today, he exited on decoto.

haha i sped up to say wsup, but when i saw it was an old guy with his arm hanging out of the window i didnt know what to do.

and for some reason, his STi looked amazing driving on the freeway, eh, i guess its just me
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 03 Cummins, 99 miata, 91 v8 miata, 90 spec miata
On Woodside Rd and ChurchHil in Redwood City at 2:25 pm... WRB sedan made a u-turn.
I think your car was lowered and had rims, but couldn't tell since I was about 10 cars back and just saw you through a small space between cars.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:53 PM

Car Info: '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
WRB STi parked on Ortega and 16th/17th (Sunset), with gold SSR GT2's, GReddy front lip, Chargespeed rear bumper (and side skirts?), WRC roof scoop, carbon fiber hood, etc. Nice car.

-Mike-
Old 05-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Car Info: '01 GM6 Coupe Blue Ridge Pearl
Two today..

about 10:40, a black bugeye with bodykit, tons of tint, tinted taillights, a nice looking rounded wing and STi foglight covers w/red print and no plates, followed you from 680 to 237 to the 880 crossover. Pretty, even dirty! What's up with the missing plates?

White WRX with gold wheels turning right onto north 1st near 880 at lunchtime. You waved.

I'm the Blue 01 coupe w/RB5 and pink i badge.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 2002 Aspen WRX RIP:2003 WRB Wrx
time: 2:00pm
date: 5-12-2005
where at on the road: Texaco gas station in antioch on A street
color of car: white on gold
model of the subaru: STI
description: Saw a girl pumping gas into it.. Didn't wave I was in my gfs Se-R
particle of their lic plate (dont post the whole lic plate ok): didn't look.. (No front plate)
Old 05-12-2005, 07:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
on my way to charlie's house, on great mall parkway, me and an 04 white sedan, looked stock except the exhuast *HKS probably* encountered each other at a stop light. you said my car looked nice and i thanked you for the compliment, you turned into the great mall as i went straight.

after i picked up charlie, we went to tap ex and saw a sliver bugeye. sounded mean, but you didnt come down to say wsup.

i was the blue 04 sedan. you guys on here?

-Ave
Old 05-12-2005, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 03 Cummins, 99 miata, 91 v8 miata, 90 spec miata
Today (5/12/05) saw 3 more.

@ 3:25 pm saw a WRB sedan (bugeye) on San Antonio road in Los Altos. I waved, don't think you saw. You waved later on and I don't know if you saw me wave back again... I was shifting and we weren't right next to each other for long. Followed you through the shortcut to El Camino but you were turning left/making a u-turn on Showers.

also @ about 3:25 pm saw a silver wagon turn right off of El Camino onto Ortega in Mountain View. Don't remember much more than that.

@ 5:20 pm saw a WRB sedan (think it was bugeye, but not sure) with black rims and yellow calipers. Later saw this (or a twin) parked at the shopping center on the corner of El Monte/Springer and El Camino in Mountain View (with blockbuster, pick up stix, jamba juice, starbucks, boston market, tennis store and couple other stores, Longs, couple other stores, bagel shop.... in that order). Was parked closer to the bagel shop and the exit.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by CreoWRX
WRB STi parked on Ortega and 16th/17th (Sunset), with gold SSR GT2's, GReddy front lip, Chargespeed rear bumper (and side skirts?), WRC roof scoop, carbon fiber hood, etc. Nice car.

-Mike-
Hey Mike, I'm guessing your up in the bay area right now too. Hit me up if you're bored...

Anyway, today at around 2:45 pm... wrb wrx/sti seen heading east on the 580 around Pleasanton. I was heading west, and glanced over and saw you as you passed going in the opposite direction. We made eye contact but no waves...
Old 05-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
Tonight, around 10 PM on 85 N. around the 17 interchange. It was a silver/tan outback sport with black wheels. I pulled up next to you and stared, but you were too busy concentrating on driving Sweet car
Old 05-12-2005, 11:37 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Around 6:30pm 880 North, followed a WRB wingless WRX up to Oakland.
I believe it had a MJP sticker below the WRX.

I was in the WRB STI that followed you for a few miles. I like the wingless!

Quick Reply: BAY AREA sighting post here.