BAY AREA sighting post here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:22 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by 02RS25
an the fact its a '11 dark grey STI. i was coming home from tahoe on late night and was on 101 SB. '11 dark grey sti comes FLYING up on my bumper, cuts erratically into emergency lane on left and continues to fly by me doing at least 120. ****in ay man
Now see, some punk *** did that to me, I would be VERY Tempted to jerk the wheel to the right and make him think I was going to ram him, with the hope he lost control and put himself into the wall.

But I am a dick what can I say.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by Overbear
Now see, some punk *** did that to me, I would be VERY Tempted to jerk the wheel to the right and make him think I was going to ram him, with the hope he lost control and put himself into the wall.

to each his own. i aint hatin or judging. hell, i too have given the wheel a slight nudge when someone comes on my *** i let them over, and as they pass JUUUUST a little nudge. i get behind them on their *** for a little then continue my merry way. my form of road rage management. but there are some tru A-holes on the road. im sure uve seen the Maxima vid posted not too long ago? jesus? thats when i wish C&C was in some shape or form legal.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Forester XT Sport
Originally Posted by Overbear

I used to own a red SVT Ford Focus with a supercharger on it before I had my Forester. I was sitting in my car, ready to leave a movie theater, late at night just a couple years ago when a car full of punks egged it from behind and didn't realize I was in the car. I got after them and was behind them not 5 seconds later and without even having to do anything, they tried to turn while they ran from me (at speed in a POS Toyota Tercel) and they drove up the curb, broke all the wheels and busted a rear axle. /sweet justice

To stay on topic, I've yet to exchange dueces with anyone. Do I need an iclub sticker to get noticed? I get nods from people but I can never tell if they are locals.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by Queen Jade
I used to own a red SVT Ford Focus with a supercharger on it before I had my Forester. I was sitting in my car, ready to leave a movie theater, late at night just a couple years ago when a car full of punks egged it from behind and didn't realize I was in the car. I got after them and was behind them not 5 seconds later and without even having to do anything, they tried to turn while they ran from me (at speed in a POS Toyota Tercel) and they drove up the curb, broke all the wheels and busted a rear axle. /sweet justice

To stay on topic, I've yet to exchange dueces with anyone. Do I need an iclub sticker to get noticed? I get nods from people but I can never tell if they are locals.
yep, gotta have a sticker or youre not a Too Cool For School Fool. LOL. nah. if u got a subie and throw dueces (even if not returned) youll get noticed!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
how often do you "prove your points"
im guessing with the smashed rear bumper he probably have prove his point a couple time...hahaha
Old 08-15-2013, 02:11 PM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by AccordingToAlex
Crazy. Whoever this Phil guy is, well he's a fückin' genius. He doesn't roast any beans himself (he just buys a bunch of different sourced beans in bulk), keeps his overhead low, and charges a ridiculous amount of money for one cup of coffee because each cup is "made to order."

Don't get me wrong, I love Philz coffee and even his Ice coffees, but if you don't think you're getting jacked, you're in denial (think Apple fanboys).
Veryyy well said haha and a huge reason why i got a job there.. (free everything at all locations essentially lol ) as for Phil hes in fact a chill *** ****.. ive made coffee next to him just shooting the ****, honestly just a down to earth guy from sf who loves coffee alchemy

his son Jacob(which some blends are named after as well) is the real entrepreneur and is the actual CEO, Phil just hangs behind the scenes and visits different locations for fun while Jacob is laughing straight to the bank pretty cool chain though overall, definitely unlike any other job ive had
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
maann..when was the last time anyone used the actual sighting "format" lol. not a bad idea tho
Glad you liked & noticed that. I was feeling nostalgic, so I went old school. I usually do the abbreviated version most have gotten accustomed to around here.

To stay on topic....
I spotted on WRB sedan on the shoulder of.... ah hell... I can't remember now. 'Twas in the East Bay somewhere yesterday afternoon sometime btwn 1:30 to 3:30. Was it on 680 or 24? Coulda been 80 or 980 or 880. Bah! I don't remember. Another "senior moment." Just know it was btwn Vallejo and Oakland during my loop to pick up family at the airport.

Anyway, hope all is good w/ your car, ke-mo sah-bee.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by ncrmtrsprtsOBS
Saw Prettym1k3 drive by my work yesterday on blossom hill and Winfield. First time I've seen you driving around. Clean ride man.
I hath been spotted! Probably had the wife and kiddo in the car coming home from dinner at Chili's. I wanted my baby-back-baby-back-baby-back ribs.

Originally Posted by Kaimino
Probably just external and internal swaps and most likely a retuning. The highest trim of Forester ever officially sold in the US to date is the XT.

Still, a clean Forester though.
It's mine. At this point, it's missing the rear bumper and a 6-sp. Otherwise, that's about it for these cars. Interior stuff, too, but I prefer my Recaro SRD's over the stock STi seat.

Also, whenever I go 6-spd., I'm hoping for a DCCD version. JDM Forester STi's didn't have DCCD. :-(

Well the Crawford AOS went on last week and I'm still getting oil from somewhere. I pulled the TMIC off last night and I've got it narrowed down to the two plugs, just below the throttle body and that 90* elbow hose. I took the plugs off and it appears that the sealant is a liquid that melts under heat...which is quite possible to dissolve if it overheats like it did when the head gasket went. So I put some teflon tape and a copper o-ring on them, hoping that clears it up. As soon as I can get the oil leaks sourced, then I will feel better about it. I just hate that I have to put a quart in like every two weeks. I mean it is just puking oil from somewhere. I hate that the previous owner did this car SO wrong and I'm doing my best to get her back to where she should be, but being new to Subarus...its gonna be a learning curve for me.

/rant. Thanks for asking though.

I'm still running the Cobb Stage 2 and honestly, a pro tune and an upgraded turbo is the furthest thing from my mind. I need suspension and to get the leaks under control. I'd like a new inlet, but its not a priority.
Man, that sucks so hard. I really hope you get that sorted. My car currently burns about 1/2 a quart every 2,500-3,000 miles, but I do full changes every 3,000 just to play it safe. 138k miles on my beast, so I want to keep her running pretty. Luckily, she was a Texas/California car, so it's literally rust free

Hopefully we'll see you out at Cannibeat or something again!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:10 PM

Car Info: a blue car.
Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
It's mine. At this point, it's missing the rear bumper and a 6-sp. Otherwise, that's about it for these cars. Interior stuff, too, but I prefer my Recaro SRD's over the stock STi seat.

Also, whenever I go 6-spd., I'm hoping for a DCCD version. JDM Forester STi's didn't have DCCD. :-(
Nice!! I like Foresters in general, especially turbo models, naturally.

None of the Forester STis had DCCD. Your chances of finding a DCCD 6-speed should be very high, since all 6-speed WRX STIs had DCCD as far as I know. Look into DCCD pro as well, if you can't.

Last edited by Kaimino; 08-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 06 AW STi
04-05 black wagon on bascom about 45 min ago. lowered on silver rims. I couldn't get that good of a look since it was 2 cars behind me.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
+1

maann..when was the last time anyone used the actual sighting "format" lol. not a bad idea tho
That's for us "Old Farts".

Oh...

..wait?

Baloney. [GetsNoRespect]

yep, gotta have a sticker or youre not a Too Cool For School Fool. LOL. nah. if u got a subie and throw dueces (even if not returned) youll get noticed!
Goto the next Meet and get a vinyl sticker, that said I threw deuces and intro'd before you knew who I was as far as local cred, if I even have any.

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Glad you liked & noticed that. I was feeling nostalgic, so I went old school...ah hell... I can't remember now. 'Twas in the East Bay somewhere...I don't remember. Another "senior moment."
Like I said, "Old Farts" Club ish right there.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
..Hopefully we'll see you out at Cannibeat or something again!
So over that whole deal now. Someone should just do a Cars&Coffee @ Peets in Fremont and cross-post it to the sf.org peeps.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
Clean black hella frush fozzy turning left onto 4th ave from Delaware St in san Mateo around 3:30 PM today
Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
wrb wrx hatch w/ neon trim on 680s around 8pm. you exited onto Montague. i drove by you in my burgundy ML and flashed my hazards.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Forester XT Sport
Man, that sucks so hard. I really hope you get that sorted. My car currently burns about 1/2 a quart every 2,500-3,000 miles, but I do full changes every 3,000 just to play it safe. 138k miles on my beast, so I want to keep her running pretty. Luckily, she was a Texas/California car, so it's literally rust free

Hopefully we'll see you out at Cannibeat or something again!
Yeah it does suck...but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We shall see. We like going to Canibeat. The 510 gets good exposure.

Shane, I didn't forget about you!

Black Hawkeye STI heading westbound on Stevenson Blvd in Fremont. I was in the turn lane to head north on Blacow road around 6pm last night. Threw homeboy a deuce and he returned in kind.

Quick Reply: BAY AREA sighting post here.