BAY AREA sighting post here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
Tonight on Cupertino around 10:30 pm saw a 02-05 Psm wrx with wrx wing. I hope you're alright, it looked like another car rear ended you. I saw firetrucks and cops on the corner of a chevron station near Aviare apts.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Saw a psm bugeye, lowered on dark wheels on 25th at fulton in SF

Right after I saw a 2011 wrb hatchback on 25th at balboa and then again on geary street
Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Right now on lucas st right across the honda dealership in walnut creek. Black 04-05 sti on gold bbs wheels with a philippine sun decal on the back window.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by 05_WRex
Tonight on Cupertino around 10:30 pm saw a 02-05 Psm wrx with wrx wing. I hope you're alright, it looked like another car rear ended you. I saw firetrucks and cops on the corner of a chevron station near Aviare apts.
Inattentive Nissan driver rear-ended me as I came to a stop at a red light. Rocketed me about halfway into the intersection. Don't know if it was shock or what, but my brakes seemed to give out and I coasted to where you saw me and finally e-braked it to a stop.

Had my mom and friend in the car coming back from a family dinner. We all had neck pains so they called EMT to do a preliminary check, but none of us felt the need for further examination or a trip to the ER.

Damage is mainly the rear bumper, trunk, tail light and exhaust. I'm about to crawl under to see what the extent of the exhaust damage is. Also damaged some photo gear that was in the trunk.

Don't know what the dude's issue was. Don't know if he was dozing off (still had his work badge on his belt, so I assume he was working mad hours at Apple/Seagate/Symantec) or on his phone, but he hit us pretty damned hard. Didn't hear any tires screeching or anything (although I know with wet roads and ABS the tires would probably be pretty quiet).

The ****tiest part? It was about 5+ minutes before the sheriff's office got to the scene and not one damned person stopped to see if we were ok. What the **** is wrong with the bay area? Ya'all can go **** yourselves.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile

The ****tiest part? It was about 5+ minutes before the sheriff's office got to the scene and not one damned person stopped to see if we were ok. What the **** is wrong with the bay area? Ya'all can go **** yourselves.
I can relate to that. I got in a bad wreck in San Jose back in 2004, I called 911 and no one came, I Called 911 again, and no one came still. I called my insurance and they came right away with tow truck, rental car, and insurance lady show up her self in the rental car to provide me. My car was totaled, and no one from 911 show up at all.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
I can relate to that. I got in a bad wreck in San Jose back in 2004, I called 911 and no one came, I Called 911 again, and no one came still. I called my insurance and they came right away with tow truck, rental car, and insurance lady show up her self in the rental car to provide me. My car was totaled, and no one from 911 show up at all.
That is BS! I'm not upset about the Sheriff's response time, it is the people that witnessed it not stopping to see if everyone was ok.

"I just saw someone get launched into the middle of an intersection from a dead stop. Meh, I'm sure they're fine, I'll just scoot around them."
Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Inattentive Nissan driver rear-ended me as I came to a stop at a red light. Rocketed me about halfway into the intersection. Don't know if it was shock or what, but my brakes seemed to give out and I coasted to where you saw me and finally e-braked it to a stop.

Had my mom and friend in the car coming back from a family dinner. We all had neck pains so they called EMT to do a preliminary check, but none of us felt the need for further examination or a trip to the ER.

Damage is mainly the rear bumper, trunk, tail light and exhaust. I'm about to crawl under to see what the extent of the exhaust damage is. Also damaged some photo gear that was in the trunk.

Don't know what the dude's issue was. Don't know if he was dozing off (still had his work badge on his belt, so I assume he was working mad hours at Apple/Seagate/Symantec) or on his phone, but he hit us pretty damned hard. Didn't hear any tires screeching or anything (although I know with wet roads and ABS the tires would probably be pretty quiet).

Glad everyone was ok, I figured since I saw the police and firemean that whoever was in that accident was ok.

What's a trip is my gf just got into accident today this morning around 830. It was only her though that was involved a accident. She was goin to work and she got on the 101 S exit on matilda until she spun out and hit a wall. Most likely it was due to the weather conditions. I left early for work was terrified and I'm glad she and no one was hurt. It was my camaro and she felt bad, but I told her it's only a car and they can be replaced. So if you happen to see a silver front bumper (97 yr) on that street, it's most likely mine lol

Last edited by 05_WRex; 01-20-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue

What's a trip is my gf just got into accident today this morning around 830. It was only her though that was involved a accident. She was goin to work and she got on the 101 S exit on matilda until she spun out and hit a wall. Most likely it was due to the weather conditions. I left early for work was terrified and I'm glad she and no one was hurt. It was my camaro and she felt bad, but I told her it's only a car and they can be replaced. So if you happen to see a silver front bumper (97 yr) on that street, it's most likely mine lol
I take that ramp every day, if I see that bumper I will pick it up for you after I run it over with my Expedition
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
Glad everyone was ok, I figured since I saw the police and firemean that whoever was in that accident was ok.

Your GF's mom is my colleague...small world
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by WRX USA
Your GF's mom is my colleague...small world
Wow what a trip lol...Small world alright
Old 01-20-2012, 04:07 PM

Just saw a wrb 0607 sti with exhaust, dark wheels and a big subaru sticker on rear windshield getting onto 380 from 101n
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Saw a bunch of subies just now on 85s between 280 and 880

First a white bugeye, heavily modded had projector hids

Then a grey new sti sedan

A wrb 0405 wagon with what looked to be a straight pipe

Then a wrb 0607 sti with exhaust and black wheels
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM

Just heard/saw a wrb wrx sedan with wing and exhaust goin south on winchester by the cinelux plaza before san tomas
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Earlier today saw a white GR hatch with window visors and dark tint on 280N going towards the city near Alemany exit. I was going south in a blue GR hatch going towards DC.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Wagon
Yesterday saw 08 silver sedan on dpts? I bought a shift **** from you a year or two ago haha

Quick Reply: BAY AREA sighting post here.