BAY AREA sighting post here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
yesterday around 4:30pm, exchanged v's with a 04/05 black sti. I was in my psm wrx.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 AM

Car Info: C:/ and D:/
Originally Posted by brucelee
Had a weird sighting today...

Was at the grocery store today in Union City (safeway) and as I was walking back to my car some guy in an older hatch back (egg) Civic asked me if that was my car (my STi) and I said yes, he then asked me some basic questions about it, and then he mentioned how he has a friend with a 2.5RS that has a fully built engine and is normally aspirated and runs 13's... He was politely saying that turbo is basically cheating and that N/A is the only way a car should be run although he thinks turbo cars are fast, they are just sort of cheating in some way...

What made this conversation interesting is that he said he knew someone with an N/A 2.5RS with a fully built engine that runs low 13's without the bottle. I was in the 2.5RS era and knew everything there was to know back then, though we had very little aftermarket support back then, but no one had ever run low 13's with an N/A 2.5RS... Does anyone know anything about this? Does this sort of car exist? Ive been out of the N/A world for some years now so I don't know if things have changed in terms of aftermarket engines and such, but why would anyone spend that much money to NA an impreza when then can just engine swap or turbo it and save baaank? Doesn't make sense to me...

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about a fully built N/A 2.5L EJ25... anyone?
If some dude, out of the blue, comes at you with a story like this, I think you can infer the following: I drive a piece of **** old civic, I have no money for mods that make real power, so instead I will crap all over people who drive nice cars with forced induction. Now hang on a second while I make up a story about a Subaru so you get my make-believe point.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx

Was at the grocery store today in Union City (safeway) and as I was walking back to my car some guy in an older hatch back (egg) Civic asked me if that was my car (my STi) and I said yes, he then asked me some basic questions about it, and then he mentioned how he has a friend with a 2.5RS that has a fully built engine and is normally aspirated and runs 13's... He was politely saying that turbo is basically cheating and that N/A is the only way a car should be run although he thinks turbo cars are fast, they are just sort of cheating in some way...

What made this conversation interesting is that he said he knew someone with an N/A 2.5RS with a fully built engine that runs low 13's without the bottle. I was in the 2.5RS era and knew everything there was to know back then, though we had very little aftermarket support back then, but no one had ever run low 13's with an N/A 2.5RS... Does anyone know anything about this? Does this sort of car exist? Ive been out of the N/A world for some years now so I don't know if things have changed in terms of aftermarket engines and such, but why would anyone spend that much money to NA an impreza when then can just engine swap or turbo it and save baaank? Doesn't make sense to me...

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about a fully built N/A 2.5L EJ25... anyone?
what a douche. how the hell is he going to try and imply that turbos are cheating in a way. he might as well say have anything more than 4 cylinders is cheating also it wont end.
yeah subiesport did an all motor build a year or so back on a 2.5rs. although the car was able to beat a stock sti, in the end they said it wasn't worth it and a turbo was the way to go to make power much easier with less money.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:34 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP

LOl wtf..... svx swap?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 1997 Legacy Wagon; 1983 Toyota Corolla

That guy needs to stop drinking "hater-ade." Don't hate, get turbo.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
spotted a few subies at serramonte yesterday

black 0607 lowered on stocks, tints, big exhaust and the santa cruz subaru license plate holder

0405 wrb sti on grey seven spokes and exhaust, front lip
Old 06-01-2009, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
black 06/07 WRX spotted
3:17pm today in downtown pleasanton, parked in front of a restaurant on Neal St.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
06-07 CGM WRX w/ a thule rack. Pulled a U-Turn @ 20th ave in San Mateo @ 3pm or so today.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
Originally Posted by Electra
Haha true. Lol. I always forget about that until a Honda Guy flips me off.
Of course I did launch it when the light went green so that might have been it.
Or it could have been the whole "wonder if that's her boyfriends car" moment too lmao!
u and honda people dont get along too well.. haha really, people flip you off all the time?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX PDM
saw a silver bugeye with i-club sticker on the back window goin towards calaveras rd. and went to 880 S...
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM

Car Info: drives a STi
today around 5pm at milpitas shooting range. Saw three sightings parked at the gun range. I parked next to 06/07 wrb wrx lowered with gold painted stockers. Had cf hood painted with window visors, keep pace stickers and i-club sticker.

Other spotting was 02/03 bugeye psm, all stock.

Also a aspen white sti. I met u inside the gunrange, nice car everybody. It was like a mini meet haha
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Originally Posted by dippedinsauce
u and honda people dont get along too well.. haha really, people flip you off all the time?
Yeah for some reason I have a hard time getting along with those guys...
Yeah I get flipped on constantly! Its hilarious, they pull of next to me with their fingers up, but then freak out when they see its a girl!
Yesterday I went to Sonic in Gilroy to get a drink on the way home from work and there was apparently a honda meet-thingy there....yeah they were NOT happy with me...one of the guys even came over and told me "you car sucks, man" and I laughed SO hard. My response was "Yeah, because your Civic hatchback with the mis-matched yellow paint, 'angry bees in a can' exhaust and dented to **** fenders is SO much better!" I just want tell them "hey, letting your trim pieces casually fall off does not qualify as weight reduction."
Then as I left they all flipped me off, except for the random guy in the Nissan 300zx, he waved haha....classic...I just honked my Hellas and took off...

Last edited by Electra; 06-02-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 AM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
Originally Posted by driftern00b
That guy needs to stop drinking "hater-ade." Don't hate, get turbo.
Ha ha! its like they say... NA is like never ending lag!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by Electra
Yeah for some reason I have a hard time getting along with those guys...
Yeah I get flipped on constantly! Its hilarious, they pull of next to me with their fingers up, but then freak out when they see its a girl!
Yesterday I went to Sonic in Gilroy to get a drink on the way home from work and there was apparently a honda meet-thingy there....yeah they were NOT happy with me...one of the guys even came over and told me "you car sucks, man" and I laughed SO hard. My response was "Yeah, because your Civic hatchback with the mis-matched yellow paint, 'angry bees in a can' exhaust and dented to **** fenders is SO much better!" I just want tell them "hey, letting your trim pieces casually fall off does not qualify as weight reduction."
Then as I left they all flipped me off, except for the random guy in the Nissan 300zx, he waved haha....classic...I just honked my Hellas and took off...
must be your plates.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
and vtec is turbo lag without a turbo

Quick Reply: BAY AREA sighting post here.