Bay area shops with Stromung CBE in stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:36 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Bay area shops with Stromung CBE in stock

Anyone know of any local shops that might carry Stromung CBEs for an '06 STI?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:40 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
I don't know any shops.. But I got to say that Stromung are sick... My roommate got one for his acura TL and it sounds nice! Good luck with the search!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 AM

Car Info: 07 STi EQ tuned / 08 LEGACY
i got a stromung cat back on my 07 sti, but i called and had them make it, it only took a week
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I used to have a stromung on my 2.5RS back in 2000... It sounded really nice, but even with the dual tip can, I still got pulled over twice for it. They simply said it was too loud, and it was... Not denying it. So those of you that thing that a stealth can will get you out of trouble, it's not true. If you're spewing out loud noise, you're going to get busted eventually.

I now have a huge melon shooter on my 07 STi and cops don't even think twice because its really silent at low revs unlike the stromung When I open it up though, then its louder then HELL! If I keep it under 2800rpm, its really silent, thank god.

Ever think about a borla hush? Its not very hush, but quiet enough to not get you in trouble at low revs.. It looks almost stock and like I said, not THAT loud. Its still loud when you open it up, but much quieter then a stromung.

Damn, I wish I could get away with the sound of a stromung... They really do sound great.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
stromung is from so cal kill it with fire!!!!

jk they sound great!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
i had the catted stromung TBE on my bugeye. that exhaust was awesome. best sound i've heard out of a subie.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
I used to have a stromung on my 2.5RS back in 2000... It sounded really nice, but even with the dual tip can, I still got pulled over twice for it. They simply said it was too loud, and it was... Not denying it. So those of you that thing that a stealth can will get you out of trouble, it's not true. If you're spewing out loud noise, you're going to get busted eventually.

I now have a huge melon shooter on my 07 STi and cops don't even think twice because its really silent at low revs unlike the stromung When I open it up though, then its louder then HELL! If I keep it under 2800rpm, its really silent, thank god.

Ever think about a borla hush? Its not very hush, but quiet enough to not get you in trouble at low revs.. It looks almost stock and like I said, not THAT loud. Its still loud when you open it up, but much quieter then a stromung.

Damn, I wish I could get away with the sound of a stromung... They really do sound great.
Getting pulled over for mods is kind of my main fear. I know my wing already draws enough attention, and I have my front windows tinted (barely -- but enough), so it doesn't take much for them to notice me. The problem is, I heard the Stromung and omfg it sounds so good.

I'm not particularly attached to the idea of a Stromung, and I'm definitely open to suggestions; I'll see if I can find some good videos of the Borla Hush and see how it sounds.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 AM

Ok, found this video with the Borla Hush on a stock 2006 STI (like mine!):

Sounds pretty good, and sounds a lot quieter than the Stromung. I guess the real question at this point is if any local shops would carry any of this stuff in stock.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
i personally like the bosal twintip but i have a hks carbon ti... its not even that loud.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:40 AM
9 to 5 mod

If you dont have it by BAM ill bring one up for you
Old 05-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Ok, found this video with the Borla Hush on a stock 2006 STI (like mine!):

Sounds pretty good, and sounds a lot quieter than the Stromung. I guess the real question at this point is if any local shops would carry any of this stuff in stock.
Aye it's quite, except when you get over 3.5k-4k RPM. LoL
Old 05-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
If you dont have it by BAM ill bring one up for you
Awesome, thanks! I'm hoping I'll have one before then, though.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by brucelee

I have to disagree with you on this one D. I've had my Stromung TBE for 80K miles, and had a Prodrive oval tip for about 20K miles, live in San jose, drive all over(san mateo has been my commute for 2 years now), and NEVER been pulled for mods. Only speeding tickets.

I wonder how much of that is where you live, how your car looks(Like the fact you have a wing and your 2.5RS is covered in WRC vinyl).

I've driven in several cars(wagon and sedan) with cat-less borla hush's. Compared to my wagon (when it was catless) with the Stromung TBE, the Stromung is noticeably quieter than the hush.

For quiet exhaust I recommend keeping your stock 3rd(02-05wrx)/2nd(06+wrx) catalytic converter, get a shorty downpipe, and either stromung or prodrive cat-backs.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
When I worked at Goodies Speed Shop we kept a Borla Hush - but that was 5 years ago.
Give them a call and talk to Rich
http://www.goodies-speedshop.com
Old 05-02-2009, 01:06 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Awesome, thanks! I'm hoping I'll have one before then, though.
ok cool illb e last resort hehe

Quick Reply: Bay area shops with Stromung CBE in stock