bart...wow

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 AM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
bart...wow

I'm sure someone else will agree that bart is a joke.

they have a habit of being late and just 5 minutes ago all of sf riders had to go from platform 2 to platform 1 because they were having technical difficulties and they told us at the last minute.

elderly and people with luggage didn't have enough time to make the switch and the train didn't even wait for them.

another issue is a lot of the time, ppl can get lost where they're at because the operater will just mumble the station name and there is no where that says what station it is except for the strip of the name on the platforms which are hard too see at night and can easily be blocked by another train.

if they want more bart riders, make it better.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
I take Cal-Train and BART. IMO BART is wayyy more reliable than Cal-Train. Ive been taking BART for a few years now and have only had a small hand full of problems. But ive only been taking Cal-Train for a little over 6 months and have had more delays, broken down trains, people getting hit than i can count. Something happens at least 2 times a week it seems like.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
most of the time bart is on time IMO. but damn is not cheap at all, thats the problem.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by jinorazi
I'm sure someone else will agree that bart is a joke.

they have a habit of being late and just 5 minutes ago all of sf riders had to go from platform 2 to platform 1 because they were having technical difficulties and they told us at the last minute.

elderly and people with luggage didn't have enough time to make the switch and the train didn't even wait for them.

another issue is a lot of the time, ppl can get lost where they're at because the operater will just mumble the station name and there is no where that says what station it is except for the strip of the name on the platforms which are hard too see at night and can easily be blocked by another train.

if they want more bart riders, make it better.
It's the best transit system in CA. hand down. Easily the most reliable, on time, and cheapest for the distance.

Just cause you got ****ed once or twice doesn't mean it sucks.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
agreed
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
most of the time bart is on time IMO. but damn is not cheap at all, thats the problem.
Try taking Amtrak, cal train, or a bus the distance that bart can take you for $5. Not gonna happen. For public transportation is the best this state has got and better than any metropolitan system.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
I just didn't like how they screwed the ppl over today. I just had to rant it out on my bart ride. elders were hugging the rails trying to go up and down the stairs. they didn't make it in time and the bart didn't wait at all.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Car Info: wrx02
It's really a joke. Dirty, expensive, slow, off time...dirty... I'm glad I'm done commuting to SF from EastBay. I had to use that system 5 year straight when I was in college - from Eastbay to SF every morning. It didn't save me any money or time. Only saved me from morning roadrage. I'm so glad I don't have that commute anymore.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Oh man, if there's one thing they should really fix it should be the operator voice... You can't hear a damn thing! You can tell they are talking but its just a huge mumbled noise rather then a clear voice that you can actually understand.

Whats the point of even having an operator voice if you can't understand it?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I have to agree with it being hard to figure out what station you're at. The voice isn't always clear and the signs at the stations are a joke.

-Brian
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
I think BART is pretty reliable. Not the cleanest public transportation system and not the most considerate. But it's pretty much damn on time and I can 80% of the time count on it to take me from point A to point B without any worries.

I believe BART is the best public transit system in the country.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by chinoyboi
I think BART is pretty reliable. Not the cleanest public transportation system and not the most considerate. But it's pretty much damn on time and I can 80% of the time count on it to take me from point A to point B without any worries.

I don't think it is... The NY subway system is much better then bart in terms of getting you somewhere whenever.

If BART is the countries best mass transit, well, our country has a sad, SAD mass transit system... which we already knew, but we didnt know it was THAT bad...

Its amazing how much better Europe is in that regard... Makes out country look like its stuck in the early 1900's. BART is the best... AHHAHAHHA, my god, that be soooo god damn sad that I can't stop laughing.

It does come in handy sometimes, but even still, its no where NEAR perfect
Old 12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by willow
It's really a joke. Dirty, expensive, slow, off time...dirty... I'm glad I'm done commuting to SF from EastBay. I had to use that system 5 year straight when I was in college - from Eastbay to SF every morning. It didn't save me any money or time. Only saved me from morning roadrage. I'm so glad I don't have that commute anymore.
It's clean enough, it's fast, it's cheap.

I mean, you paid roughly $40/week to go to and from SF. How much would that have been for gas+parking?!

Parking in SF is CRAZY expensive.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by chinoyboi

Probably not in the country, since many east cost systems are probably better. I don't know about NYC being clean though, it's probably pretty dirty considering the amount of use it sees.

BART is the best bang for your buck there is though in the state. Nothing comes close. I love BART, and I can't wait for it to expand into the south bay and farther east as well. It would awesome if BART could have a station in tracy, can you imagine the amount of traffic that would decrease on 580?!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
i agree with the operators voice, i recently rode bart and i had to constantly look at which station i was at so i wouldnt miss my stop but reading the names at the stops are also hard to read especially at the underground stations.

Quick Reply: bart...wow