Banned from carlsen subaru service for giving bad feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:41 PM

don't make incidences like this shy away from the subaru brand if you like it. There will always be experiences like these by someone no matter what car you buy.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Originally Posted by blaznasn
don't make incidences like this shy away from the subaru brand if you like it. There will always be experiences like these by someone no matter what car you buy.
amen brother
Old 07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Another vote for 'just deal with it?' Thanks a pantload. I have had new cars with warrantees before and never had the hoops to jump through at the dealer (in the rare instance I had to go, never dreamed of knowing the service dept staff on a first-name basis). Believe me, I love my car - I just want it to run right and not get talked in circles at the dealer when I bring it in with legitimate concerns.

BTW - do you hear of things like this with Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Kia, Daewoo, Volkswagen, or any other comparative brands? Because I don't. In fact anything I have ever heard have been just the opposite. I have been a Subaru fool forever, and I always will be - I just doubt I will ever buy another new one, and I never will get a warrantee on one again.

Believe me, I understand these things and that there are many jerks who try to abuse the warranty. I am just not one of them, and I don't want to be treated like it anymore (at first was fine, since I understand). My car is bone stock (well now it has Eibachs) and very well taken care of. No gutted anything, no downpipe, nada.

If I were this fellow with his experience, I would be studying the magnussen-whatever-it-is ruling very closely.

-Jacob
Old 07-15-2004, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Another vote for 'just deal with it?' Thanks a pantload. I have had new cars with warrantees before and never had the hoops to jump through at the dealer (in the rare instance I had to go, never dreamed of knowing the service dept staff on a first-name basis). Believe me, I love my car - I just want it to run right and not get talked in circles at the dealer when I bring it in with legitimate concerns.

BTW - do you hear of things like this with Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Kia, Daewoo, Volkswagen, or any other comparative brands? Because I don't. In fact anything I have ever heard have been just the opposite. I have been a Subaru fool forever, and I always will be - I just doubt I will ever buy another new one, and I never will get a warrantee on one again.

Believe me, I understand these things and that there are many jerks who try to abuse the warranty. I am just not one of them, and I don't want to be treated like it anymore (at first was fine, since I understand). My car is bone stock (well now it has Eibachs) and very well taken care of. No gutted anything, no downpipe, nada.

If I were this fellow with his experience, I would be studying the magnussen-whatever-it-is ruling very closely.

-Jacob

uhhh im not saying just deal with it, im saying dont let situations like this make you not want to buy a subaru. A lot of people have problems with dealers and getting stuff covered and all that crap. Go look on other forums long enough and you'll see the same stuff. Don't think these other brands have perfect customer service and these problems only happen with subaru.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
uhhh im not saying just deal with it, im saying dont let situations like this make you not want to buy a subaru. A lot of people have problems with dealers and getting stuff covered and all that crap. Go look on other forums long enough and you'll see the same stuff. Don't think these other brands have perfect customer service and these problems only happen with subaru.
Ah okay. Well like I said, I think my car is great (moreso what it could be I guess) and I will always be a Subaru fan. I really honestly (not just talking trash here) don't think you will find this many complaints from say Honda or Toyota, but at the same time I think a lot of that was Subaru's understandable response to frivolous warranty claims. It's a sad situation and it's not all Subaru's fault. At the end of the day, I just want to know that I won't have to talk my way into getting warranty service, say the right things etc. Anyways.. Back to work.

-Jacob
Old 07-15-2004, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
My experience wasn't very good when I went to Carlsen (I live in San Jose) to buy my WRX Nov 2003. Ended up buying from Stevens Creek the same day. Go figure.