Banned from carlsen subaru service for giving bad feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bugelrex
Sale dept at Carlsen is the cooooolest! By far the best buying experience I've had at a car dealership... no stress, pressure or games!
I had a really bad experience with Carlsen's sales dept. This tall white guy was a complete dick to me and my friend! I'm sure that most of the guys there are really cool, but first impressions are the most important!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
yup i also got confronted about my survey response in a bad mean way but i know the techs personally so he just skulled me....

so yeah those things are not confidential...
edgar,
Old 07-10-2004, 09:29 PM

Car Info: GDA
scary. i will reconsider where i take my car to for service maintenance from here on out. santa cruz subaru is not that much farther for me.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:25 PM

i never fill those things out.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
You have to know how this works... a dealership needs to keep its feedback ratings in the 90% range to keep up all the benefits it gets from the manufacturer, etc. Just a couple of complaints can seriously hurt their rating. My friend who works service at Infiniti told me all about it. What I gather is, no one wants a cranky *** coming back... ok so I'm not saying you are one, and I don't know the whole story. But, they have you pegged as someone who not only wants to fill out the survey, but already has a bad taste in his mouth. They're not here to serve, you they're here to make money. If you are going to hurt that process, they're not going to want you. Sucks.

jason
Old 07-10-2004, 11:01 PM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Originally Posted by mmboost
You have to know how this works... a dealership needs to keep its feedback ratings in the 90% range to keep up all the benefits it gets from the manufacturer, etc. Just a couple of complaints can seriously hurt their rating. My friend who works service at Infiniti told me all about it. What I gather is, no one wants a cranky *** coming back... ok so I'm not saying you are one, and I don't know the whole story. But, they have you pegged as someone who not only wants to fill out the survey, but already has a bad taste in his mouth. They're not here to serve, you they're here to make money. If you are going to hurt that process, they're not going to want you. Sucks.

jason
how come the entire bay area then, isn't banned from Steven's Creek or for that matter why does Steven's Creek still get to sell Subarus to begin with if they get bad feedback???
SC Subaru's customer rating should be somewhere between my left & right *** cheeks.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
Angry

Thanks for the post, I was going to take my car there for my next service, but not now after all this Banning BS. This is a totally unethical use of the survey forms, they should have bent over backwards to make sure that you were satisfied the next time you came in. Sad to hear that another dealership is taking the low road to customer satisfaction. That **** belongs at Stevens Crack (<----The biggest AssClowns of the local Subie Dealer network). I am surprised though, I have heard that Carlsen was a decent shop. You should tell them that they are now BANNED from working on your car.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 03 Silver WRX
Sorry to hear about this and what they did to you. I've been going to Carlson since my first 1000 mile oil change a year ago. They've been great to me for every oil change, warranty and scheduled repairs. I'll have to reconsider going there again...
Old 07-11-2004, 12:56 AM

carlsen has been great the couple times i've been there, they put a small scratch in my car once, but i didn't over react, i just told them nicely and everything was taken care of.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:11 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by sjt
how come the entire bay area then, isn't banned from Steven's Creek or for that matter why does Steven's Creek still get to sell Subarus to begin with if they get bad feedback???
SC Subaru's customer rating should be somewhere between my left & right *** cheeks.

has stevens creek ever sent out a customer review form????

maybe that's why... lol.........
Old 07-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I have forwarded this to the Western Region Service Manager. That is not right what they did to you and I will do my best to help you with this.

If the car is under warranty, and there is no apperant reason for them to say that the car will not be under warranty, there is no charge.

Basically, when you bring the car in, you sign an "authorization to perform work". That is for them to cover their butts, in case you have converted your car to twin turbo and SOA will not cover it under warranty. If you car IS under warranty, then there is NO CHARGE.

To have you pay $50 for inspection is weak, as they would not do anything but sit inside the car, rev it few times, drive it around the block when cold, warm and hot. Then, give you their preliminary verdict. You should not be charged for that if your car is stock.

Not cool Carlsen. Not cool.

I wonder if we all will be banned from there now.

As for myself, I have had the worst luck with "my dealers" lately. Marin Subaru tried to jack me on my lease buy out. Big Valley Subaru screwed up warranty work on my Legacy and almost cause me to set my car on fire. My favorite dealer Bianco closed down.

Santa Cruz Subaru is the only dealer that has been coming through for me on everything. Thats how all dealers should be...
Old 07-11-2004, 11:32 AM

Thanks for all the concern, Carlsen had been great in the past, good friendly service. I wouldnt dis-courage getting service work done if you can get kevin to work on the car... I'm definitely switching to Santa Cruz to avoid all this soup **** BS..
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
i think that most dealerships are flawed. I had serious issues with Autowest in Roseville, wrote to SOA twice, and was essentially brushed off. According to them, the dealerships are their own entity.

Though I wouldnt disagree with that, they also carry the Subaru name. You would think that if they besmirched the Subaru name then Subaru would take actions against that dealership and do their best to help the consumer. Not so in my case.

Almost makes me questions getting another Subie
Old 07-11-2004, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
wow that's a bogus call on Carlsen's part

Quick Reply: Banned from carlsen subaru service for giving bad feedback