Banned from carlsen subaru service for giving bad feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:15 PM

Banned from carlsen subaru service for giving bad feedback

I had a very bad experience with Carslen recently. I could not believe it! All the other experience at carslen had been positive except for one incident.

Heres my story:

- Bought my car from Carlsen
- Performed ALL services at Carlsen for 2.5 years
- Only had an issue with them one time.

Brought my car in one-time to ask them if a slight vibration on the clutch was normal. They insisted i pay them 50 bucks before they even look at it. I was quite shocked, since I my car is completely un-modified,under warranty etc, not abused. I had bought my car from them and performed all service there for 2.5 years.

They checked out the car, nothing wrong, I was being over-senstive with the vibration. Afterwards, it took me a while to convince the service director to drop the 50 bucks.

I get a feedback survey form in the mail for a TSB i got fixed afterwards and I gave them bad feedback because I was extremely upset with having being asked to pay to inspect a warranteed car I bought from them. I specified in the survey I was upset about been asked to 'pay' for check out a simple vibaration.

I goto dealer recently for another TSB and they tell me I'm banned from the dealership because I gave them very bad feedback. I was shocked for 2 reasons.
1) being confronted about my feedback. Isnt it anonymous??
2) being banned because I excersized my right as a consumer to provide my feedback

It is my right as a consumer to give feedback and I did not expect to be banned just because of giving a bad feedback survey.

Oh well, it within their rights to ban me (even though I feel the reason is very unprofessional). Kinda defeats the whole point of survey feedback if you are going to be banned for giving bad feedbacl bacause you were unhappy.

Other than that one time, my other experiences have been good.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:17 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
You're the 2nd one that has happened to.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Was the other incident also at Carlsen? I'm wondering if the TSB feedback questionnaire was addressed back to Carlsen or SOA? If it was SOA, I'm really shocked if they gave that info to Carlsen. The only other way they might figure out who gave them bad feedback was if they checked their service records and matched it to the date of service.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 07-10-2004, 03:35 PM
-j-

Yes. The other one was from Carlsen as well.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
post this in all the subie forums, nasioc, clubwrx, etc etc

post in the regional forums and in any dealer review forums.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:49 PM

It kinda felt like the soup **** episode in Seinfeld

The survey looked like it was from SOA and was not addressed to Carlsen, the service manager had it infront of him when I was there.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:41 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Heck,that's what a FEEDBACK is all about,right ? Plain old feedback,good or bad.
It's almost like a "give us a positive feedback or else........" situation. That's pretty sad. I'd raise hell to all concerned parties,SOA,Carlsen,etc.etc.
Sorry to hear that.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
thats pretty messsed up
Old 07-10-2004, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

If carlsen is doing this with people, I don't want to go there. Where should I go to get service done then?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I would be contacting SOA if I was you. Take it as high as you can. Also contact the Better Business Bureau. That'san unethical business practice.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:33 PM

I contacted SOA, there is nothing they can do since their dealerships are independently owned. I will probably call them again to follow up and maybe the Better Business Bureau.

I could understand if I had verbally/physically abused them, owe them money, car is modified etc etc. But to be banned for giving bad feedback is unethical and unprofessional.

I wont be going back there so I dont know if I want to waste anymore time other than contacting the BBB or the attorney general for consumers
Old 07-10-2004, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
If carlsen is doing this with people, I don't want to go there. Where should I go to get service done then?

Santa Cruz, the only cool dealer left apparently.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:52 PM
-j-

I think it is the service department that has the issue and not the sales section. I bought my car there too and it was smooth sailing all the way, but never had my car serviced there.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:56 PM

Sale dept at Carlsen is the cooooolest! By far the best buying experience I've had at a car dealership... no stress, pressure or games!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:08 PM

Car Info: JBP 04 STi
actually i think santa cruz had it the best.. i walked in talked to sandy and was out in less than an hour! 30 minutes of that time was them washing my car :-O

Quick Reply: Banned from carlsen subaru service for giving bad feedback