Banana Republic Group Interview- HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 2007 STI
Unhappy Banana Republic Group Interview- HELP!!

today, i filled out a job application online for banana republic, an hour later i recieved a phone call while i was in class. it was a banana republic person telling me that i have a group interview blah blah.. and well... the whole point is.. IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE.. who would like to give me some in sight.. =/ i have never done a group interview, some questions people have been asked in a group interview in general and some stand out responses would be nice =X. it is for a no sell position. which means im stocking .. inventory. etc. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.. AND THANK YOU IF YOU HELP MEE.. AHHHHHHHHHH HELP interview is on MONDAY 23rd. =( somebodyy
Old 04-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Car Info: wrx
i work as an no sale stock guy at a banana republic. but since this is an group interview i guess be assertive to stand out. try to express good qualities (of course) like your honest, trustworthy, hard working, yadda yadda all that BS. but i guess since your going for a stock position theyll be looking for someone who is fast, someone who they can trust you to show up on your shifts, someone who will stick to the system/policy so that everything can run smoothly. someone who is neat and organized. and of course nice to customers.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
Don't sit back in your chair, lean forward. This means that you are making an effort to listen. You will notice that alot of people will be sitting back in their chairs trying to look relaxed.

I have never been in a group interview but don't sweat it. If they called you back that fast it just means they really need to fill some positions. You already have the job.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
be yourself. dont sweat it. They are going to hire you, give you ****ty hours until you prove yourself, then you will move up to more hours. that is retail.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 PM

Car Info: UGM 07WRX LTD
I was interviewed by 6 managers for my job. If you have job experience make sure you make it obvious that you are always on time and never miss work. Tell them you have no problem covering shifts. Also, say tell them you have always picked up tasks very fast and have been known to worker faster with good quality work. They will most likely throw in a situation with an angry customer and how you would handle it so be prepared for that even though your not going for a sales position. Say that you want to learn every job in the store(cashier, stock, sales) Managers like to know they can use you for anything they need. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by [W5]IntoTheWRX
i work as an no sale stock guy at a banana republic. but since this is an group interview i guess be assertive to stand out. try to express good qualities (of course) like your honest, trustworthy, hard working, yadda yadda all that BS. but i guess since your going for a stock position theyll be looking for someone who is fast, someone who they can trust you to show up on your shifts, someone who will stick to the system/policy so that everything can run smoothly. someone who is neat and organized. and of course nice to customers.
you have a no sell position a banana republic??? wat kind of questions did they ask you for your interview?? umm.. wat are your job task.. i guess basically just tell me wat you do. how it is and etc =P. thatd be helpful. and all that good stuff.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:39 AM

Car Info: wrx
Originally Posted by slim617
you have a no sell position a banana republic??? wat kind of questions did they ask you for your interview?? umm.. wat are your job task.. i guess basically just tell me wat you do. how it is and etc =P. thatd be helpful. and all that good stuff.
well i was interviewed as a sales associate so the questions were based on selling. i sucked like hell in the interview hands down. but they needed people so they hired me anyways. lol

basically if your stock guy your pretty much living inside that stock room your whole shift. you dont really have to interact with customers except when going out to move stuff youll encounter some customers.

stuff we do:
-shippment, you open boxes and packages and place them neatly into piles then files thoese piles into the shelves in the back
-Scan through the products with a item gun (LRT gun) and see what is needed to "replenish" the sales floor
-simple audits
-take phone calls or walkietalkie calls for item checks
-package and ship out orders through phone
-make sure the sales floor has sizes, colors, styles all out.

skills that are important. - neatness, organized, able to attack priorities, fast, memory (to remember item numbers/style and where they are placed). learn to maximize space. basically its like cleaning someones messy closet for 8 hours. haha
Old 04-17-2007, 12:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
treat it like any other interview, be yourself and be honest
Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by [W5]IntoTheWRX
well i was interviewed as a sales associate so the questions were based on selling. i sucked like hell in the interview hands down. but they needed people so they hired me anyways. lol

basically if your stock guy your pretty much living inside that stock room your whole shift. you dont really have to interact with customers except when going out to move stuff youll encounter some customers.

stuff we do:
-shippment, you open boxes and packages and place them neatly into piles then files thoese piles into the shelves in the back
-Scan through the products with a item gun (LRT gun) and see what is needed to "replenish" the sales floor
-simple audits
-take phone calls or walkietalkie calls for item checks
-package and ship out orders through phone
-make sure the sales floor has sizes, colors, styles all out.

skills that are important. - neatness, organized, able to attack priorities, fast, memory (to remember item numbers/style and where they are placed). learn to maximize space. basically its like cleaning someones messy closet for 8 hours. haha
ahahaha sounds like the job i was tryin to get =l. soo how did you go from sales associate to no sell?? umm ask me some questions anyway.. please? i need some type of questions to go by. im ****in nervous that it is a GROUP INTERVIEW. that someone is gonna say wat imma say and **** like that.. **** its like highschool all over again.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 AM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Where a lot of dark gray, khaki and brown colors.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by HomerJay
Where a lot of dark gray, khaki and brown colors.
:rotfl:

and sandals......definately sandals
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 AM

Car Info: The ladies wild
Try to stand out from the other interviewees. When I was a manager at a record and entertainment store, I would hate on the people who would sit there and answers questions like you would expect the average person to answer. Perhaps pretend to be flamoyantly ghey! I always seem to see alot of those guys working at BR
Old 04-17-2007, 08:57 AM

Car Info: '15 WRX
I used to work at BR and I was late for the group interview so I basically had a personal interview with the managers, which i think got me the job there
Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI - OBP
In a group interview you want to try to stand out and show leadership qualities. Don't sit back and be the quiet guy in the back, you want to be noticed.

In general for interviews try to match the posture and style of the persons who are interviewing you. AKA if they are sitting up right you should also, and if they are leaned one way you should also, but dont be obvious about it. Doing this will ease building a good rapport, and help the interview go a lot smoother.

As always make sure that you show you are really interested in the company and the job, even if you kind of aren't.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 AM

Car Info: 2005 G35
Be sure to make eye contact with each of the interviewers, not just with the person who asked the question. When answering their question, look them in the eye and scan the group. Engage each of them.

After the interview, they will compare notes on whether they should hire you. You want to be sure you reached each of the interviewers.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Banana Republic Group Interview- HELP!!