BAIC one of our own needs your help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Dear I-club

I am personally appalled that a thread could, can, was started to bash someone elses taste,car,and modifications.

If you dont like what someone has done to thier car then dont like it but to start a thread to get others to jump on board and using an excuse like being unsafe is total B.S.

I see tons of people doing all they can to make thier WRX's look like an STI without doing the performance piece. I personally think that is UUUUBER retarded but im not going to take pics of your car put them on the internet to get other people to agree with me on how retarded you are. END RANT!

Last edited by Shayhan27; 01-26-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Originally Posted by Spoolin415

I run 255's with proper fitment. Herra functional.
I run 255's and i'm HERRAFRUSH and HERRA functional , you can have the best of both worlds you know

this thread makes me
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
Originally Posted by shayhan27
dear i-club

i am personally appalled that a thread could, can, was, and could be started to bash someone elses taste,car,and modifications.

If you dont like what someone has done to thier car then dont like it but to start a thread to get others to jump on board and using an excuse like being unsafe is total b.s.

I see tons of people doing all they can to make thier wrx's look like an sti without doing the performance piece. I personally think that is uuuuber retarded but im not going to take pics of your car put them on the internet to get other people to agree with me on how retarded you are. End rant!
+1 ! This !
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Dear I-club

I am personally appalled that a thread could, can, was, and could be started to bash someone elses taste,car,and modifications.

If you dont like what someone has done to thier car then dont like it but to start a thread to get others to jump on board and using an excuse like being unsafe is total B.S.

I see tons of people doing all they can to make thier WRX's look like an STI without doing the performance piece. I personally think that is UUUUBER retarded but im not going to take pics of your car put them on the internet to get other people to agree with me on how retarded you are. END RANT!
No one took any pics, he posted them. If you see something unsafe and you don't say anything about it, you're retarded. Making a WRX look like an STi poses no safety risk. Is it any different than mentioning the disadvantages of installing a BOV, or pointing out that a bolt in cage really isn't a cage at all, or a harness shouldn't be used with a stock seat, or tinting your windows so dark that it impairs your vision. It's not any different.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
I run 255's and i'm HERRAFRUSH and HERRA functional , you can have the best of both worlds you know

this thread makes me
You've got some wide f'n shoes on your car. Would you put this car in either category, Flush or functional. C'mon man...
Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Dear I-club

I am personally appalled that a thread could, can, was started to bash someone elses taste,car,and modifications.

It is however unsafe, want some proof? As I said this is just a rehash of stuff we did back in the 80's and even WITH inter tubes we rolled them off the rim and broke the beads all the time.

So, in conclusion, I would say take your rant, and jump into a bucket of cancer.

Thank you...

Overbear.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by ipozestu
or pointing out that a bolt in cage really isn't a cage at all, or a harness shouldn't be used with a stock seat.
Uh... A well designed bolt in cage works just fine, had one save me in a roll over. Don't know where this rumor got started but lets have some facts here not regurgitated Internet tech ok?

As to stock seats and harnesses, been done a million times, works just fine so long as the harness is attached to the floor/frame not the seat. Again been there, done that, got the bumper sticker and t-shirt from it.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
It is however unsafe, want some proof? As I said this is just a rehash of stuff we did back in the 80's and even WITH inter tubes we rolled them off the rim and broke the beads all the time.

So, in conclusion, I would say take your rant, and jump into a bucket of cancer.

Thank you...

Overbear.
Hey internet tough guy

Did I ever say it was safe? NO. Did you miss the post where the owner explained his uses and future plans? Maybe go back and do a little research. Just in case you are too lazy. He drives 3 miles to and from work and just put the rims on for pics waiting to do fender flares so he can fit the right size tire.

In the future before you decide to tell someone to basically go die cause its on the internet and you have no idea who you are taking to try puting a little human spin on it.

Just to help you fell a little better about yourself. My dad died of cancer. LAST EFFIN WEEK!
Douche.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by international B
lots of drifters on d1 level and others have been stretching for years. I have seen 195/50 on an 8, it looks a little odd, but after seeing how ueo katsuhiro drives his car, and the abuse the front tires took, he NEVER de-beaded his tires. I have 255/40 on an 8.5, 205/50 on an 8, 235/40 on a 9, and 225/45 on a 9.5 on my personal vehicles. I'm as guilty as anyone else of stretching, and when i saw this car in person i was thinking "wow, thats unsafe" and also "that thing must handle like **** with that much rear camber."

here is where this gets weird... my 225/45 on the 9.5, has as much tread width as a 245/45 potenza on a 8''. i have never seen a pro driver with a 215/40 on a 10 like this car above.

I agree that this is too much stretch for TV.
Yes, but to have a real lateral load, there has to be grip right? Drifters are sliding, and although they may have grippy tires, they go from grip to no grip rather fast. Not much load, esp on the rears when they are spinning like turbos.

Like when you go around a skidpad, and measure the lateral load, the Gs. Once you start slipping, the G's fall, because the grip is lost. Drift cars are sliding, and don't have much lateral grip.

But yes, it's pretty safe for drifting, and most people who are gonna do this, aren't going to try to test out how much G they can pull in a turn.

At the end, to each, his own. I think we should put this past us now, this won't go anywhere I think.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Thank you...

Overbear.
Uh... A well designed bolt in cage works just fine, had one save me in a roll over. Don't know where this rumor got started but lets have some facts here not regurgitated Internet tech ok?

As to stock seats and harnesses, been done a million times, works just fine so long as the harness is attached to the floor/frame not the seat. Again been there, done that, got the bumper sticker and t-shirt from it.
I feel so fortunate to have someone with sooo many experiences on our forum. Where do you find room for all of those bumper sticks and t-shirts.

Oh yeah bolt in cages FTMFW

Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Old 01-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
FWIW there is a lot of the usual BS information in the few posts I have read basing the relation to drifting on stretching tires, yes they stretch them but not as aggressively as touted in this thread.

Also the tires used in drifting are by no means grippy and even the front tires see very little shear load, the rears essentially see about 0 in their application.

As for the car in reference in this thread the way I see it is it's the owners car and he can run what he see's fit, do I think the car is unsafe? yup but I'm not driving it.

Mike
Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
FWIW there is a lot of the usual BS information in the few posts I have read basing the relation to drifting on stretching tires, yes they stretch them but not as aggressively as touted in this thread.

Also the tires used in drifting are by no means grippy and even the front tires see very little shear load, the rears essentially see about 0 in their application.

As for the car in reference in this thread the way I see it is it's the owners car and he can run what he see's fit, do I think the car is unsafe? yup but I'm not driving it.

Mike
That's what I was thinking. Although, they do use some of the best street tires out there.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
While people DO bolt their harnesses to the floor directly behind their seat it is a HORRIBLE and UNSAFE way of doing things. It's a great way to break your back/clavicles in a crash. Safer, but still not perfect is having the belts bolted between the rear seat cushion and seat back. Safest would be a harness bar so that the harness goes STRAIGHT back at shoulder level.

:shrug:

What do I know, though...
Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Unit 91
While people DO bolt their harnesses to the floor directly behind their seat it is a HORRIBLE and UNSAFE way of doing things. It's a great way to break your back/clavicles in a crash. Safer, but still not perfect is having the belts bolted between the rear seat cushion and seat back. Safest would be a harness bar so that the harness goes STRAIGHT back at shoulder level.

:shrug:

What do I know, though...
Quoted For TRUTH!

(Mine BTW is bolted to the seatbelt anchors in between the cushions. If I could get them higher, I would.)

Quick Reply: BAIC one of our own needs your help.