BAIC one of our own needs your help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
hi, thanks for your guys opinions. I apologize if you guys think my car is a hazard to the road, but if it somehow eases anyone's mind, I only commute 3 miles to work and home. Most of you are right, I do not autocross, track or race my car in anyway so no real performance loss there. My initial plan was to just throw them on for a couple of shoots and of course up the tire width after more fender modification (trying to squeeze 275's without totally deforming my fenders). All in all, thanks for trying to look out for me and everyone else on the road!
Wow you took that really well. I would be pretty pissed if someone started a thread bashing me and posting up pictures of my car without my consent. If safety was really the main concern a pm would of been more than sufficient. By the way, i do not drive a hellaflush car or support extensive tire stretching so please do not try and start an agruement about that with me.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by tschida
Wow you took that really well. I would be pretty pissed if someone started a thread bashing me and posting up pictures of my car without my consent. If safety was really the main concern a pm would of been more than sufficient. By the way, i do not drive a hellaflush car or support extensive tire stretching so please do not try and start an agruement about that with me.
I respect your opinion. The OP(me) never "bashed" on the guy. I guess for me, it's just not understanding. Almost like an intervention, ya know? For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would do this. Above all the other reasons why you shouldn't do this, SAFETY!!! "Maybe they don't know?" I think to myself. That's the reason for the postI He posted his pictures on the internet; this forum in fact.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
So whens the next hellaflush meet?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:33 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Al This needs to be discussed. Sinking it is a huge disservice to those who are looking to mod their cars. "Form follows function" and if the form is going to present a risk, it should be put out there.
Yah but this discussion will just go back and forth and won't lead to anything. People will mod their cars however they please. It's unfortunate but some people will run ridiculous setups deemed hazardous. I'm sure there are bunch of cars out there running race fuel and fuel cells on the street. Is that any safer? If you really feel he is jeopardizing everyone's safety please go nark on him and call it in.

Creating a thread about an individual's car deeming it unsafe is pretty offensive. He handled it pretty well or maybe he just doesn't care? Haha this almost reminds me when I revived all of onion boy's threads bawahhaa.

Originally Posted by soggynoodles

Be careful what you put on the internet.
Gender Bender Bike Party!!! I was only following the theme, so sue me. =)

Last edited by 03_Impreza_Al; 01-23-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I'm, not one to bash on another's taste, cars, what ever. But This is getting pretty serious. This car has taken an already unsafe and completely unpractical trend, to a whole new level. Will some of you please join me in convincing this guy that he is a hazard to himself and everyone on the road.
Please reconsider what you have done here. This is so unsafe, you're going to hurt yourself or someone else.

More here
https://www.i-club.com/forums/album....pictureid=3310

This isn't about how it looks or being trendy. This is completely unsafe, it's killing the handling characteristics of the car, destroying your tires. Anyone who's thinking of doing please reconsider.
Well, the first time this car goes through a HARD left or right the rear fender is going to be gone from the rim hitting it...
Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by international B
Really?

i have 2 cars that are hella flush, and they both handle great, look great, don't rub, are rare as ****, and when it comes to textbook handling blow my suby that I have had for 8 years out of the water.

so considering that people ALWAYS ask me about suspension setups, motor mods, brakes, wheels and fitment, and any other kind of general mod question, AND im hella flush, I guess this means i know nothing about cars, and nothing about physics.

oh, and I guess I'm a tool too.
I'll vouch for Aaron's Cefiro being FAST.. And nice handling..
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by jagstyle
while we're at it, can we also do away with those silly angled rear window stickers?

But.. The "slant" stickers look good.. If you don't like it don't do it.. Personally I like it..
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
Originally Posted by Ballz
I'll vouch for Aaron's Cefiro being FAST.. And nice handling..
i 2nd this. he even took me doriftooo in it. and i lovers his suby too =)

and i personally think if ppl like the slanted stickers, leave them be. it's their money and their cars. i don't prefer stickers on my car but i'm not gonna hate on it.

and as far as this thread goes, where is the love? hah jk. but really now, jesse it's your car. it's hard to please everyone. in reality those ppl's opinions dont really matter anyway. it's the differences which makes us all unique. i guess for some it's hard for them to appreciate the differences in life. in the end, it's your car. =P
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
i think it looks cool, but i would never do this to my car, or any car i own, because indont like worrying about driving like they have to, just not to mess something up...i drive hard and i couldnt see this setup surviving what i do haha
Old 01-24-2010, 11:45 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I prefer my hellaflush wheels with a tad bit more meat on the tires, but I think it looks crazy. It's different, that's for sure. That "HellaFlush" movement is basically you get it or you don't. I get it, I'd just never do that to my own car. I'm just not that handy with figuring out what tires are stretch friendly, offsets, and how much fender pulling I'd need. Even if I knew that information, it just makes me nervous if my wheels are sticking out past the tires like that. I'd have to park my car pretty far from the curb. LOL
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Name:  haters-gonna-hate.gif
Views: 14
Size:  200.7 KB

There has been a lot of hate lately against Hella Flush Subies... I think what most people are missing is the fact that these cars are show cars. With that said, who in the right mind really drives a show car with performance in mind? Yeah there are some HF cars that still hold their own when it comes down to performance, but with the way the trend is going, it is more aimed at pure show. At the moment people are still kinda stuck on performance so when they see a show car the freak out. This thread is a perfect example of that.

And of course the bottom line... To each their own.

Also, someone asked when the next Hella Flush event is... HF3.5 is on Feb 21 at Buttonwillow (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/hella-flush-3-5-x-tdc-presented-fatlace-february-21-2010-a-214384/) and HF4 is going to take place in Hawaii and I am not sure when it is exactly.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
I love the 10" rims, I don't love the tire stretch...but honestly, to each his own. I've seen similar tire stretch before, I've seen 1 overstretched tire come off of a rim in my life, and it was a pickup truck that was possibly overloaded with a steel welding table that was racing around doing doughnuts in a parking lot.

It is a very clean looking car.

I do agree it LOOKS unsafe, I don't honestly know if it is.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:22 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Well, everyone man to their own vision i guess.

My thoughts/opinion is that he can drive safe, but in reality what if someone cuts him off because they are just a douche bag driver? will he be safe then or will that be UBER unsafe? I know this all depends on the severity of the way hes cut off or run off the road. I assume he would be better off with a "recommended" setup?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 PM

if it wasn't for certain people in the bay area. i wouldn't have known certain wheels would of fit on my car. Or even a stock turbo was capable of 11's in the quarter mile.

i give him props for thinking outside of the box and trying something different.

just my opinion.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
I run 255's with proper fitment. Herra Functional.
Touché!

Quick Reply: BAIC one of our own needs your help.