BAIC one of our own needs your help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
hi, thanks for your guys opinions. I apologize if you guys think my car is a hazard to the road, but if it somehow eases anyone's mind, I only commute 3 miles to work and home. Most of you are right, I do not autocross, track or race my car in anyway so no real performance loss there. My initial plan was to just throw them on for a couple of shoots and of course up the tire width after more fender modification (trying to squeeze 275's without totally deforming my fenders). All in all, thanks for trying to look out for me and everyone else on the road!
I'm glad you came in. I'm seriously not trying to be a stick in the mudd. This has to be the most extreme case of stretch and misfitment I've seen. So many are talking about how there haven't been any problems and people do this all the time, yada yada. We all know what too much of a good thing will get ya. No matter the length of the commute. A pot hole, fwy on ramp, approach curbing, any of which are a potential hazard for this combination. IMO a modification that has potential to risk life, limb, or property, should be reconsidered. There are ways to set your car up so you can get massive amounts of rubber, that will actually make improvements to the safety and handling of your car. Frankly the cost wouldn't be that much different than a years worth of rubber with those alignment specs. As far as looks, nothing looks nicer than a properly setup vehicle.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
sink this.
Al This needs to be discussed. Sinking it is a huge disservice to those who are looking to mod their cars. "Form follows function" and if the form is going to present a risk, it should be put out there.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:24 AM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
his exhaust setup is pretty cool though.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Overbear
LOL what ****ing idiots,

Its not a "new look" they are just rehashing what guys like me did back in the 80's on our trucks and Maxima's. Talk about going back to old school....just back then we used 195-50-15's stretched on 10" rims.
And it looked just as stupid then
Old 01-23-2010, 09:55 AM

I'll be a stick in the mud.

Making your car herra frush.........is hella SLOW.

Making your suby handle worse, and most importantly change direction slower automatically makes you a retard. If you bought your suby for looks, you got the wrong car. Man up and stop wasting your money being a tool. Spending thousands of dollars to make your car slower and uglier. People need to cut out this hella flush fad, it's worse than blue neon lights.

Seems everyone who does hella flush actually knows nothing about cars and even less about physics, or is just an incredible tool.

Thanks

JM

Last edited by slow04wrx; 01-23-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
i'm all for making your car a happy place to be in and drive. but, in all honesty, this looks terribly unsafe, regardless of the mileage you drive. and with the fact that you can't safely or comfortably drive 'at speed' or take a turn with reasonable confidence, that only screams to me that you're doing something to your car, that you really shouldn't be.

i'm not saying to return it to 100% stock or anything, but you've apparently cross a line of reason with the modifications you've done.

i sincerely hope that you don't get into an accident and hurt yourself, let alone anyone else.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
*cough* Mach III *cough* There is a guy (I will not name names) that shows up from time to time to my local meet that prides on having a 225 wide tire stretched on a 18x9.5, or may be even 10, rim (guess who encouraged him and did the work?) and all for the stupid "Herra Frush approved" sticker...and I think he admitted once that he now rubs/binds at all speeds and has to drive super duper carefully especially since he has mismatched coil-overs front and rear, so the car can be as dumped as possible, etc etc etc...

I am not to bash styles either, but when people start spending thousands of dollars to IMHO make their cars worst off and more unreliable, than I will start having problems...but to each their own I guess, at the end of the day its their cars and money...

i just lol'd

and think people are taking it too seriously, out of all the dangers in this world you would worry about someone else's projects which absolutely does work and is not held on by sticks and glue.

Sure just because it works doesn't mean it is right, but I don't find it life threatening at all.

to each to their own projects

(btw its toe that kills tires not so much camber)
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
I'll be a stick in the mud.

Making your car herra frush.........is hella SLOW.

People need to cut out this hella flush fad, it's worse than blue neon lights.

Seems everyone who does hella flush actually knows nothing about cars and even less about physics, or is just an incredible tool.

Thanks

JM

Really?

i have 2 cars that are hella flush, and they both handle great, look great, don't rub, are rare as ****, and when it comes to textbook handling blow my suby that I have had for 8 years out of the water.

so considering that people ALWAYS ask me about suspension setups, motor mods, brakes, wheels and fitment, and any other kind of general mod question, AND im hella flush, I guess this means i know nothing about cars, and nothing about physics.

oh, and I guess I'm a tool too.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by international B
Really?

i have 2 cars that are hella flush, and they both handle great, look great, don't rub, are rare as ****, and when it comes to textbook handling blow my suby that I have had for 8 years out of the water.

so considering that people ALWAYS ask me about suspension setups, motor mods, brakes, wheels and fitment, and any other kind of general mod question, AND im hella flush, I guess this means i know nothing about cars, and nothing about physics.

oh, and I guess I'm a tool too.
You may be a tool, but what's important is that you're MY tool and I wub you. :-D

I love Aaron's cars, and he's def my go-to quick reference guy when I have a quick question about something.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by international B
Wow Dave, you popped outta the wood work for this one.
how you been ?
HIJACK!

been okay. i've been amassing tools for an engine rebuild which i should be doing that soon. hows it been going for you?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
i already goti into a argument with a grop of guys leaving the last "hella flush" meet in sac.i asked about handling,rims shearing on studs and overall how unsafe.they got so mad one wanted to fight,
then on the way home i passed a g35 w/both rear rims sheared off after hitting the joint on the freeway.
it looks stupid and is unsafe
Old 01-23-2010, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Its hot rod car culture. It dosent always have to make sense.

Last edited by TylerSTI; 01-23-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 PM

lol.

Hye jesse,

if you ever plan to sell your wheels ....let me get them.... I too would like people to hate on me....rolf

p.s everyone calm the ef down...... his car....his style.... life goes on.... boop
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
oh i was going from jus the numbers you threw out. I didn't know what rubbers you were actaully on. Apologizes, yes those Direzzas are pretty fat. sowwwiieeeeee

Old 01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Be careful what you put on the internet.

Quick Reply: BAIC one of our own needs your help.