BAIC I need your help. College.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza WRX
I think you should totally go for it. Although getting into medschool is no joke, it is do-able if you have the passion and drive. As of right now, try to get all the requirements done in JC, transfer to a UC program and study for your MCATS. If you have a low GPA after your undergrad, look to a formal post-bacc program or a masters program in biological sciences. I graduated from a UC not to long ago, and the competition isn't too bad. My girlfriend is attending medschool next year, and she doesn't have the best grades or the most stellar extracurricular achievements. Her MCAT score wasn't great either.

There are a few really good formal/informal post-bacc programs such as UC consortium if you're a minority, San Jose State, SF State.. Mills in Oakland is supposedly really awesome, most of their candidates for graduation get into a medschool (it isn't cheap though). If it is what you want to do, there is always a way to get there.

I really hate to see people who are going to be great doctors, end up not being doctors.. while those who are book-smart, no people skills or compassion actually are the ones who end up being doctors.

Keep us updated, and best of luck with everything!