BAIC Golf Tournament

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
It's really expensive. Talking $108. Both courses are nice but the ocean side course gets REALLY windy and it's hotter than isht out there. Same goes for Eagle Ridge or whatever it's called over there. I played there a couple years ago and it's one of the hardest... no THE hardest course I have ever played. I think the blue tees used to play around 160. I think with some changes it's down to 140. Still difficult.

I'd rather we play someone cheaper and more lets say... weekend warrior friendly. I play no more than 5-7 times a year (full 18). I haven't had a handicap card for years. I could get one and have enough cards in my bag to put a handicap together if its necessary.

Los Lagos is a nice course and very quality for the money. It SUCKS for walking so I'd say it's cart mandatory. I have no problems saying carts are fine. This isn't the PGA.

Best ball would be fine and keep the speed of play up with the "slower" players.

De Laveaga is nice but once again a bit expensive and I don't see them kicking down a deal for our little tourney.

I could talk to the guys at Spring Hills in watsonville and they'd probably hook us up a little.

I'd say we should shoot for a place anywhere between say Santa Cruz and Pleasanton/Livermore. I like the santa cruz stuff because it's less likely to be 110 degrees.

I think a course that's full price with a cart under $70 and slope of under 140 would be the best. We'll have to pick a course. Get a number of 4sums and talk to the course to try and get a deal.

Best ball would be cool.
I think it would be fun to set up a closest to the hole challenge on at least one hole and maybe a long drive challenge on a hole. Like a downhill hole or something. haaa.
Could even do a fewest puts.

All honesty based of course.
Select 4sums at random so there's no sand bagging teams.

We'll have to get honest handicaps from people.

I shot an 88 I think it was at Los Lagos when Jeff and I played there a couple weeks ago. I'm usually good for 88-98. I think on my card my handicap was 19-21. Can't recall exactly.

For those that have never had one or don't know. Just give us an average of your last say... 5 rounds and we'll go with that. I have at least 10 I could use.

We'll need the rules rundown as I've never played in a tourney and I highly doubt most of the others have either.

This iclub only or friends invited?
Again, Shoreline is 30-45mins from both Santa Cruz and Livermore. Shoreline Golf Links is a muni and really cheap for the yardage and condition. One main complaint is the bird crap from all the Candian Geese...I don't mind birds and if your lucky you'll see a burrowing owl spin its head around. Its right on the bay and its fairly windy and not too hot. If its 100 degs in San Jose, its 85 at Shoreline. Plus, free replays! Twilight and Super Twilight is hella cheap!

Handicaps. If you dont have a real one, youve got to play against a scratch score of par, or at least thats how it is in any random tourneys I've played, that why I finally got one, plus you can play Poppy Hills discounted and that pays the membership back.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:09 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Im in. Can we do one of the SF courses? Harding? Presidio?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm going up to the club to golf in a few weeks probably. I'll probably get my handicap while I'm there. They have the set up there so I'll just sit there and input my scores. I keep stacks of scores and courses in my bag.

Jeff... shoot me a weekend you might be free to head up.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Spring Valley in Milpitas (off Calaveras road back in the hills) is a nice public course that isn't too expensive. You can easily walk or ride and it's a nice full 18 hole course. I used to work there back in highschool and I can see about getting a group rate since there will be a lot of guys playing.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:31 AM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by dan avoN7
Spring Valley in Milpitas (off Calaveras road back in the hills) is a nice public course that isn't too expensive. You can easily walk or ride and it's a nice full 18 hole course. I used to work there back in highschool and I can see about getting a group rate since there will be a lot of guys playing.
i played there this past weekend. it would be a great course for all of us. davon ask about that discount.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Dan is checking spring valley tomorrow about possibly having a tournament there. who would be in for that.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
I'm down, but it is about a 90min drive atleast, but it seems kinda easy but that makes it better for everyone who is playing.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
im down for sure!...are we talking official NCGA handicaps?? ...i can bring my last 50 scorecards averaged out to be fair!

keep us posted
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by mot
Dan is checking spring valley tomorrow about possibly having a tournament there. who would be in for that.
where is this course located? and i dont have my NCGA card, hopefully that doesnt matter.

bayareasti needs to get up in this

Last edited by subi4justin; 06-09-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by subi4justin
where is this course located? and i dont have my NCGA card, hopefully that doesnt matter.

bayareasti needs to get up in this
hell yeah, i want him on my team, lol
Old 06-09-2009, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jin
hell yeah, i want him on my team, lol
i just played golf with him yesterday lol...

and i spotted you the other day, at downtown walnut creek when we were at stadium pub, car looks real good!

Last edited by subi4justin; 06-09-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition
I better start swinging.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Sean415
I better start swinging.
word.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by subi4justin
i just played golf with him yesterday lol...

and i spotted you the other day, at downtown walnut creek when we were at stadium pub, car looks real good!
haha cool, i moved to sf so i get to visit 925 once a week.
we should hit up dallas's range on sunday, i think i'm gonna stop by to hit some *****.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jin
haha cool, i moved to sf so i get to visit 925 once a week.
we should hit up dallas's range on sunday, i think i'm gonna stop by to hit some *****.
fo sho, ill hit him up and see whats up. ill see if scoo b wants to roll too

Quick Reply: BAIC Golf Tournament