BAIC Chefs: BAIC Cook Off Meet, winners get cool prizes, interest?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Bump bump for teh bbqz0rz.

I made some really epic ribs last night and thought I'd share the recipe. (Simple but great!)

Ingredients
1. 3-4 lb rack of pork back ribs
2. 12 cloves of garlic (not bushel, but the cloves which are the small parts of garlic in the bushels)
3. Garlic salt
4. BBQ Sauce, I prefer cattlemens original
5. 2 white onions

Recipe
1. Take a 3-4 quart stock pot and fill it with 1" of water
2. Dice up all of the garlic, add to the stock pot
3. Take two onions, cut them into wedges and add to pot
4. Add a bit of salt to the said pot and set it to a low boil.
Then...
5. Cut the slab of ribs into 3-4 parts, and add them meaty part down into the boiling pot, then turn down the heat to a slow simmer for 45mins
6. After 45mins is up, use some tongs and remove the meat from the pot, then use a light coat of garlic salt to season the meat.
7. After seasoning the meat, add generous amounts of bbq sauce to the rib portions, once fully slathered place the rib portions on a baking sheet and BROIL on high for 15 mins (on top rack)

Remove ribs from oven and let sit for 5mins, then serve.

When you're broiling, it's ideal to let the top of the ribs get to a crispy consistancy. They will be crispy on the very outer shell, and super moist and juicy on the inside. Since you boiled the meat before broiling it, it will literally fall off the bone... Some people boil without the garlic or onion, but I think thats a mistake... They play a vital role! You can cook dinner for two for less then $12-13... That's ribs, salad, and dinner roles. (assuming you have the spices/sauce at home)

On a semi related note, the worst ribs I've ever had have got to be the "famous" baby back ribs from Chili's (The chain restaurant). I felt so ripped off after ordering these... There's no meat on the bones, and the little meat there is on the bones is tough as hell.., and they don't taste good. Worst ribs ever, stay away!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
We can have the girls of BAIC slather themselves in BBQ sauce and duke it out with their slabs of meat (read: their *****)

Was that inappropriate?
Wow...just wow....

Im down for spectating...not a real great BBQ-er myself, but Im down for watching others BBQ...

Originally Posted by Krinkov
lets find a way to combine this with the BAIC fight club!
Damn man, what's the first rule of fight club?...not supposed to talk about it man... jk jk
Im down for fight club tho...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Electra
Wow...just wow....

Im down for spectating...not a real great BBQ-er myself, but Im down for watching others BBQ...

Damn man, what's the first rule of fight club?...not supposed to talk about it man... jk jk
Im down for fight club tho...
Where have you been, young lady? I haven't seen your regular posting... Or maybe I just haven't been in the threads you posted.

Not a bbq'er eh? Yeah, it's the men that usually BBQ, and the women who bake and make thanksgiving dinner.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
Where have you been, young lady? I haven't seen your regular posting... Or maybe I just haven't been in the threads you posted.

Not a bbq'er eh? Yeah, it's the men that usually BBQ, and the women who bake and make thanksgiving dinner.
I havent been around a lot actually. Basically stopped posting for a while because I have been going through some pretty rough **** and I didnt feel like being really social. Sorry. I guess I will have to post more often. I figure no one would notice if I slipped away.

I actually am not very domestic, ie kitchen things. I can bake better than I can cook, and I never cook thanksgiving dinner. (lol My birthday was this Thanksgiving so I didnt have to do much.) I am much better with a welder/plasma cutter than I am at any sort of cooking. Useless skills that will get a girl no where....